HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Upcoming season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

bchoops wrote:
lights_out23 wrote:
So apparently Argyle has a new player from Germany that played for eGermany's junior National team last year, he's about 6'8

It's true. They do have a German National Team Member. His name is Johannes Richter. He's 6'8" and has a nice mid range jumper. He's been running with the team during their open gyms.

Johannes - C - 6'8"
Nik - PF - 6'5"
Kealan - SF - 6'6"
Wesley - SG - 6'6"
Cole - SF - 6'4"

They will be too tall and skilled. I think they definitely are the favourites now. I expect them and Burnaby South in the Provincial finals.

Interesting. Have talked to several guys at Argyle and although they say the German kid is there, they have yet to see him. If in fact it is Richter, you may want to temper your predictions. At recent U17 Worlds, Canada finished 3rd. Germany finished 7th. Richter played 4 MPG contributing an average of 1 point PG and finished 133 out of 136 players in tournament. His club team stats are better but not indicative of a dominant player. http://hamburg2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fu17wc/men/player/p/eid/4718/pid/83489/sid/4718/tid/288/profile.html

Nik is a question mark as he hasn't been seen with a basketball all summer. Is he even playing?

Keelan should not be playing this year if transfer rules are being followed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:56 pm

The German kid has not run at any open gyms however the Brazilian has. Saw some of him this summer, moves decently well, good size, with work could be a good defensive player but needs to cut down on turnovers.

Last year Argyle played a faster paced style but that was with Yates running point and Jeffers doing quite a bit himself in transition.

I expect Burnaby South, Van College and Palmer to be among the lead contenders but I wouldn't sleep on Pitt or South Kam.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Ohh k i dont see south kam being a team that upsets anyone but im not saying they wont i havent seen them play since kelly played there how good is there roster?
Argyle playing a fast paced game should work for them they got athletes
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:22 pm

et21 wrote:
Ohh k i dont see south kam being a team that upsets anyone but im not saying they wont i havent seen them play since kelly played there how good is there roster?

Wagner can definitely be a difference maker and some of their younger guards can shoot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bcballin

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:17 pm

#10 wrote:
et21 wrote:

Wagner can definitely be a difference maker and some of their younger guards can shoot.

I'm not familiar with South Kam, who are the other players on their team. Wagner can't do it all by himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 am

baller1000 wrote:
bchoops wrote:
lights_out23 wrote:
So apparently Argyle has a new player from Germany that played for eGermany's junior National team last year, he's about 6'8

It's true. They do have a German National Team Member. His name is Johannes Richter. He's 6'8" and has a nice mid range jumper. He's been running with the team during their open gyms.

Johannes - C - 6'8"
Nik - PF - 6'5"
Kealan - SF - 6'6"
Wesley - SG - 6'6"
Cole - SF - 6'4"

They will be too tall and skilled. I think they definitely are the favourites now. I expect them and Burnaby South in the Provincial finals.

Interesting. Have talked to several guys at Argyle and although they say the German kid is there, they have yet to see him. If in fact it is Richter, you may want to temper your predictions. At recent U17 Worlds, Canada finished 3rd. Germany finished 7th. Richter played 4 MPG contributing an average of 1 point PG and finished 133 out of 136 players in tournament. His club team stats are better but not indicative of a dominant player. http://hamburg2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fu17wc/men/player/p/eid/4718/pid/83489/sid/4718/tid/288/profile.html

Nik is a question mark as he hasn't been seen with a basketball all summer. Is he even playing?

The fact of the matter is, the kid played for Germany. That in itself should say a lot about the kid's game. If I may recall, David Wagner of South Kamloops didn't average 35 points a game at the U17 Worlds. Nonetheless, I expect this kid to be quite good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:47 am

south kam will probably end up being top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bchoops

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Top 10 seems right for South Kam. David Wagner is the single most dominating player in the Province. Tyler Jaroszuk is a nice player as well. He's tall. I remember him at a Grade 10 at last year's Provincials. If their guard play is good, they should be strong, maybe top 6.

I also like Dover Bay this season. Jason McKee is a very underrated player. They have guys that can shoot and they are always well coached.

Vancouver College is another a strong team this year. Reiner will be their leader. I also like Vincent's game. They will be young with a lot of contributers from Grade 11. They'll be Top 3 but lack the height to win it this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 am

Dont see dover bay doing anything jason mckee is ok but cant shoot and from what ive heard the group commin up isnt very good HM at most if they have a good year
VC has lacked height in the past but made up for it with defence nd hard work plus reiner is abot 6' 5 and vince is about 6' 4 and a buncha the other guys are 6ft nd over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 am

TextBook wrote:
baller1000 wrote:
bchoops wrote:
lights_out23 wrote:

Johannes - C - 6'8"
Nik - PF - 6'5"
Kealan - SF - 6'6"
Wesley - SG - 6'6"
Cole - SF - 6'4"

The fact of the matter is, the kid played for Germany. That in itself should say a lot about the kid's game. If I may recall, David Wagner of South Kamloops didn't average 35 points a game at the U17 Worlds. Nonetheless, I expect this kid to be quite good.

Why is it that some on this forum always seem to be looking for an argument? The "fact of the matter" is the kid is 6'8", he barely played and contributed 1 PG. One can draw all kinds of conclusions from that, which I chose not to do. Quite simply, his record does not demonstrate that he is dominant player and I therefore only made a suggestion that some here might review their speculations that the addition of this player, that none here have even seen, suddenly means that Argyle will win it all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:44 pm

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/high_school_hamper/archive/2010/09/22/jacobsen-s-ladder-has-him-standing-tall-with-ubc-on-the-horizon.aspx

The Okanagan should be very interesting. I think only South Kam will be in the preseason rankings, but KSS should crack the top ten once play begins.
Penticton now has a stud player and 3 other decent players that are a notch below Provincial level.
Should be a 3 way battle for the top dog in the Okanagasn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Does anyone have the pre season rankings . put the link up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopster

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:44 pm

This is an old link from last spring. It should be close to what the new pre-season rankings will be,
even though it is not that accurrate.

http://communities.canada.com/THEPROVINCE/blogs/high_school_hamper/archive/2010/03/21/the-province-s-pre-preseason-super-15-boys-triple-a-hoop-rankings.aspx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:51 am

Dont think tamanawis will be ahead of grove just because grove has alot of size and a 20 man roster... plus larry i think would out muscle gagan and make it hard for him to score. Seems about right i see a few upsets happening or an HM team comming into the top 15. Anyone know who claremont have ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:39 am

anyone knows pre-season junior rankings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachss1

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Pre Season Junior boys rankings

1) Van College
2) Kitslano
3) Oak Bay
4) St. Georges
5) Walnut Grove
6) McMath
7) Burnett
Cool White rock Christian
9) Enver Creek
10) Churchill
11) Pitt Meadows
12) KLO
13) SMUS
14) STM
15) Killarny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Valley will be Gleneagles, Terry fox, Walnut grove, Yale, Mouat, wrca, tamanawis and Pitt - in no particular order. Any thoughts???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL.

PostSubject: 8. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) -- Junior standout Cam Friesen joins a solid returning group that was a win away from a B.C. tourney berth. Juniors finished fifth in B.C.   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:14 pm

1. Burnaby South Rebels -- A ton of top returning talent including Ater Degal, Jok Malek, Nick Irvine and Lazar Cuk, plus they dealt with the pressure of a No. 2 ranking this season.

2. R.C. Palmer Griffins (Richmond) -- Core of the team returns intact after a season spent finishing second at Double A B.C.'s, led by Billy Cheng, Vijay Dhillon, Ranjodh Hare and Mike Zayas.

3. Vancouver College Fighting Irish -- Juniors won B.C. title and will compliment a returning senior core that played in back-to-back B.C. Triple A Final Fours.

4. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver) -- Paulius Makulavicius and Edvin Malushaga among top returning players who will be joined by a junior team that finished second in B.C.

5. Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam) -- Grade 11 core got great B.C. tourney experience. Ryan Sclater, Bret Macdonald, Matt Trimble and Scott Hind among a talented group of seasoned returnees.

6. South Kamloops Titans -- David Wagner primed to become B.C.'s most dominant big man, and he's joined by fellow big man Spencer Jaroszuk.

7. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver) -- They lose PG James Lum, but bring back shot blocker Cam Smythe, as well as key player Warren Liang and Patrick Liu.

8. Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey) -- Gagan Sahota returns for his senior year, with the succues of the junior team last year this team is a provincials candidate.

9. Yale Lions (Abbotsford) -- Returning seniors Nakai Luyken and Jordan Blackman have B.C. championship finals experience under their belts.

10. Claremont Spartans (Victoria) -- Return key players in the front and back courts and welcome solid nucleus of junior players.

11. Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam) -- Guards Zach Usherwood and Terrelle Scott, and forward Alex Klocek all return to give the Coquitlam school one of its best teams ever.

12. Pitt Meadows Marauders -- A junior team that finished seventh in B.C. joins speedy guard Malcom Williams to keep Pitt among the Fraser Valley's best.

13. W.J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford) -- Junior standout Cam Friesen joins a solid returning group that was a win away from a B.C. tourney berth. Juniors finished fifth in B.C.

14. Byrne Creek Bulldogs (Burnaby) -- Kennedy George and David Majstorovic are both back and neither will be seniors for the Burnaby powerhouse.

15. Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo) -- Forward Jason McKee and guard Eric Kuzminski the top returning players on the Nanaimo team that is always among B.C.'s most disciplined defensive units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Saints   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 pm

You guys don't think that Saints is worthy of a top-15?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL.

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Valley will be Gleneagles, Terry fox, Walnut grove, Yale, Mouat, wrca, tamanawis and Pitt - in no particular order. Any thoughts???

The junior team of Tamanawis doesn't look that great and I don't think they will qualify for B.C's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:29 pm

BBALL. wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

The junior team of Tamanawis doesn't look that great and I don't think they will qualify for B.C's.

I was talking abt senior ball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBALL.

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:18 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBALL. wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

Oh, yeah the team is going to go far this year because of the success the junior team had last year and with great players like Gagan Sahota.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:00 pm

BBALL. wrote:
JLivingston wrote:
BBALL. wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

Oh, yeah the team is going to go far this year because of the success the junior team had last year and with great players like Gagan Sahota.

Totally with you on this..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 am

Dont think so Gagan is preatty over rated and isnt hard to shutdown and those grade 11's havent had a taste of senior ball plus from experience of watching them i dont see them going far making it to valleys and then losing same with wrca when i saw that i had to check what year we were in .. wrca wont make it to provincials but through how physical and well they execute they will put a challenge infront of a team in the valleys. But saying that because they dont have that raw talent and by that i mean no 6 ' 10 in the middle and 25 year old sg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Genius

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 am

Terry fox should not be top 5 as they have no leadership in the point guard position as every championship contender needs i believe Macdonald is a very overrated player. I believe Hind will carry this team with his passing and shooting ability. They should make honourable mention no doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming season   Today at 6:38 am

Back to top Go down

Upcoming season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next