HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 am

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theman7

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:46 pm

I would have to say Manroop is the top grade 11 player right now. This guy can get his shot off at any time and has an arrange of moves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
13ball23

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I think it is too hard to determine who is the best player of the 2012 class. A lot of players have had to take on different roles and therefor put up different numbers each game. If you look at Manroop Clair, my guess he is averaging close to 20ppg because that is his role on bb south; to shoot the ball because of his position at shooting guard. If you look at a player like Mitch Goodwin, he is playing point guard and therefor isn't expecting to put up 20 points a night and instead 9 or 10 assists a game with maybe 12-15 points.
If this topic is based on who has the most skill and the best scorer then I would say Manroop is. However, in my opinion Goodwin makes his teammates better and distributes the ball well.
So it really depends on what you would rather have. A scorer or a leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fox2030

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Quoted from Hoop4life
Heres a question that will be hard to answer.
Who are the top all-around players in the province?
Guys who can score, pass, defend and lead a team.

When you put it this way, I know hands down it is Mitch Goodwin with Mitch
Knippleberg being up there too........but with out a strong team to lead.
How your team does
during the season does not diminish a players talent. There are a few guys that do not get the regonition because of who they play for, this forum has pretty much forgotten the best post player in BC. Remember Cadet National team member David Wagner from Kamloops. We have not heard his name mentioned in this forum for a long time. Manroop is talented, but I would look at the Mitchs and Braxton first. Manroop would be a top 5 pick, but when he is not shooting well
his value diminishes. The Mitchs penetrate, rebound, pass, are physically stronger and are stronger leaders that make their teams better.

I think Souths team dynamic make Manroop a better player as he often benefits from open looks
while teams double Ater and Mik, but he still one of the best pure shooters in BC.
Starting 5 for team BC Mitch G, Manroop, Mitch K, Nick and Braxton. On the bench Ryan S, Isaih, Cole P, Rav, Cam S, Cam F, David M, Sajen Gill.
Some of my selections are based on the energy they bring to the floor and they are playing 100% healthy.
Cole has had some impressive games without scoring very much. There are likely guys out there that can score, but I think these guys have a more complete game.

There is a lot more talk surrounding grade 11's in this Province, it should be one of the strongest years for BC HS Basketball next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerforlife03

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

jesse coy- mouat
cam friesen- mouat

both top ten grade 11 players in bc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Fox2030 wrote:
Quoted from Hoop4life
Heres a question that will be hard to answer.
Who are the top all-around players in the province?

When you put it this way, I know hands down it is Mitch Goodwin with Mitch
Knippleberg being up there too........but with out a strong team to lead.
How your team does
during the season does not diminish a players talent. There are a few guys that do not get the regonition because of who they play for, this forum has pretty much forgotten the best post player in BC. Remember Cadet National team member David Wagner from Kamloops. We have not heard his name mentioned in this forum for a long time. Manroop is talented, but I would look at the Mitchs and Braxton first. Manroop would be a top 5 pick, but when he is not shooting well
his value diminishes. The Mitchs penetrate, rebound, pass, are physically stronger and are stronger leaders that make their teams better.

I think Souths team dynamic make Manroop a better player as he often benefits from open looks
while teams double Ater and Mik, but he still one of the best pure shooters in BC.
Starting 5 for team BC Mitch G, Manroop, Mitch K, Nick and Braxton. On the bench Ryan S, Isaih, Cole P, Rav, Cam S, Cam F, David M, Sajen Gill.
Some of my selections are based on the energy they bring to the floor and they are playing 100% healthy.
Cole has had some impressive games without scoring very much. There are likely guys out there that can score, but I think these guys have a more complete game.

There is a lot more talk surrounding grade 11's in this Province, it should be one of the strongest years for BC HS Basketball next year.

What I meant by this would be a hard question to answer was it would be hard for people in this forum to answer it because it seems that 90% of posts are all about how much a player scores, rather than how he contributes to his team. My picks are exactly the same as yours, but I just wanted to see if anyone could actually come up with an intelligent answer. Obviously you know what to look for in players other than just scoring.
I agree with you on Cole. Watching him play this year, he is usually put on the other teams top perimeter player which he does a good job on. He could be averaging 15 ppg for VC but thats not what his role is, he knows what he is supposed to do out there and he does it so his team has the best chance to win. Same with the Mitch's and Braxston.
In my opinion guys that do that type of stuff are the most valuable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 pm

It's too bad that the stats that are available at the link below don't include stats for steals, turnovers blocks or minutes played. People tend to focus on offensive stats because that is usually all we are given to look at.

http://www.bcboysbasketball.com/leagues/homeBCBoysBasketball.cfm?leagueID=0&clientID=2192&link=BCBoysBasketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Trey wrote:
It's too bad that the stats that are available at the link below don't include stats for steals, turnovers blocks or minutes played. People tend to focus on offensive stats because that is usually all we are given to look at.

http://www.bcboysbasketball.com/leagues/homeBCBoysBasketball.cfm?leagueID=0&clientID=2192&link=BCBoysBasketball

A lot of people still look at offensive stats or care about offensive stats because they still believe offense wins championships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province   Today at 8:05 pm

Back to top Go down

TOP 25 Grade 11 players in the Province
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3