HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

tier two??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachc

PostSubject: tier two??   Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:15 pm

There are some interesting teams in tier two this year. AY Jackson won ofsaa but two years ago yet are tier two this year. Franco Ouest just beat Glebe in the referees tournament and Carine Wilson was up on Bell late in the first half in the referees tournament but both Franco Ouest and Carine Wilson are in tier two. Some people have been boosting how good Lisgar will be this year on the former hooplife forum yet they are tier two. Not to mention that teams that have traditionally competed well in tier one are now tier two like Rideau, Gloucester, Brookfield, and St. Mark. I guess we can expect some decent basketball in tier two and it will be interesting to see who will come out on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:36 pm

From what I understand, AY Jackson lost Sham, and maybe their other big from junior last year. Aside from Saeed D, I'm not sure who else they have that would have made them a force in AA. For Franco, I only see AJ as their only player. He scores half, if not more than their points. I think Glebe should have beaten Franco, but apparently AJ was way too much for them. Not to be rude, but Lisgar was just over-hyped. They had nobody... And last, the other teams probably just lost players. I don't remember Brookfield or Rideau being good last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

For some reason there issent much teams competing in tier 1 this year then prevoius years. Tier 2 seems strong this year. And there isssent any teams bumped into tier 1 this year. Iam guessing because of the tough teams from last year it discourage them to play tier 1???? there is a reason why teams drop down to tier 2. i wouldn't consider tier 1 teams dropping down as competitors. teams that drop down means that the team is full of new players and most people probley graduated. look if they did good at tier 1 last year (rideau) they will have the choice of playing tier 1 but because they know they will get destroyed thats the reson why they play tier 2. the thing about tier 2 is the teams are inconsistant because talent issent there so most team that hustle to the end will probley win the game. so any team can win tier 2 its hards to tell. lisgar the last time they played tier 2 they won a championship with a 13-0 record lets see if they can repeat it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Froggy

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 am

I know for a fact that Franco-Ouest has been trying to play in Tier 1 in the previous years but we're not allowed by the school. The team wants to give it a shot at Tier 1 to get better. But the the school say the team is inconsistant and not strong enough for T1. Franco-Ouest used to beat Deslauriers the last couples years before they move to T1. I think they also beat the Islamic School that is playing T1 this year.Yes, they have AJ this year but they won the Championship T2 2 years ago when he wasn't around. Their Junior team should do well also this year. I wouldn't suprised if they get promoted to T1 after Christmas. Maybe that format should be applied to Sr next year if it works well. Just don't forget that sometimes it's not the team that decides but the school!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I dont think it will work with seniors. Because most teams in tier 2 are AA schools except for lisgar who is AAA school. if they do that it wont change the AAA/AAAA divison at all only AA. i dont think they can have that much teams playing in AA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller12

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Holy Trinity seems to have a pretty solid team this year. They easily beat AY and John Mcrea so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrcitycoach

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm

I would have to agree. After seeing Holy Trinity play, I do agree they have a decent squad. Had they gone tier one, they would have been a double A school and could have provided stiff competition for some teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thehammer

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:58 pm

What is the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 why does the city do this? Does the tier 2 teams have a chance to go to Ofsaa?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:11 pm

thehammer wrote:
What is the difference between tier 1 and tier 2 why does the city do this? Does the tier 2 teams have a chance to go to Ofsaa?

Who is this guy being on this site you must already know a bit about HS basketball how can you not know what tier 1 or tier 2. tier 2 is a joke its a non competitve leauge that is made for teams that cant compete in tier 1 and represent the city at OFSAA but still want to participate in a organize leauge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Latrell

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 am

baller12 wrote:
Holy Trinity seems to have a pretty solid team this year. They easily beat AY and John Mcrea so far.

AY just beat holy trinty on tuesday, they were up by 9 with less then a min and they paniced at the end Ay ended up winning by 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Double A

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:14 pm

You guys are underestimating the power of Gisele-Lalonde, they are currently undefeated. Acording to me they will easily take home the tier 2 crown this year and go to tier 1 next year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballplayer

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am

i heard franco ouest lost to a junior team in the cougar classic..if its true i dont see them going to tier 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tier two??   Today at 3:52 am

Back to top Go down

tier two??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1