HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

I don't care if you are Team Canada or not, if someone scores 20 points or more on you, you did not shut him down. Sacred held Jean to under 10 points, he is ranked top 10 in Canada, that is shutting down, not letting someone drop 24 on you.

In the end though, All Saints did get the win, and that is what matters, not personal stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachCarter

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

[quote="baller29"]This is not the NBA what video replay?

Quote :

what game were you watching, owen turned the ball over with 6 seconds left and ryan scored 24 points in the game. with 0.1 seconds left on the clock mike brooks "scored" a tip in basket to win the game. upon further review via video replay, you can clearly see the basket is no good.

everybody knows all saints got lucky, easy easy earl of march has a more reputable basketball program than all saints will ever have.

well in this day and age, people carry around mobile devices that carry a high quality camera/video recorder. using the video replay from someone's iphone you can clearly tell the basket was no good.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

According to fatdog, SRB lost by 20 to sacred, anyone know the details of the game? As it was probably the only interesting game of the day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 pm

The first half was likely the more entertaining of the two (at least it was from a SRB perspective) as the two teams flip flopped the lead several times before SH went on a little run to end the half up 6 pts. The third quarter was the difference in the game as SH hit several threes and finished the quarter up 17 pts. Vik did most of the damage for SH as he had 26 pts and Jamal did most of the scoring for SRB (not sure how many but around 20 for sure). Give full credit to SH as they played a full 32 minutes and hit the shots they needed to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline5

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm

who will the AA rep from Ottawa be this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGX

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 pm

I am not sure who is A or AA, but from what I have seen in tournament play, the favourites right now have to be Louis Riel in the east and Deslauriers in the west. Ashbury and Carine Wilson are also in the mix, as is St. Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 am

so is SH that good or is SRB not really in the mix this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 pm

It definitely puts SH ahead of SRB right now but that is about as much as anyone can really read into things. There are probably 7 or 8 teams in AAA/AAAA that can beat each other on any given night. Last night SH beat SRB and deserve full marks for the win, but I dont think that it means that they will beat everyone this year nor does it mean that SRB is out of the mix as you put it. It just means that SH won that one matchup. The two play again in the new year and we will see how things play out as the season moves on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Was Farhan playing? I heard he was going to be missing a few games early in the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am

Sacred Heart beat Father Henry Carr last night by 15. I was there to watch, and they played really well as a team defensively. Offensively they we alright, nothing to special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Henry Carr is the 6th ranked team in Ontario. If it's the same one.... If Sacred can also beat Pickering, they could (hopefully) make the top ten list. Good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Maybe Glebe deserves more mention with the top teams in the city as they just beat St. Peter who is now 1-2 and playing catchup to make the playoffs (only four teams from each division make it this year).

To answer the question by NewBoy, yes Farhan played. He is getting his grove back after missing most of the start of the season.

Great start to the tournament for Sacred Heart this weekend and hopefully they can keep it up against Pickering ... another perennial power house in the gta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Sacred played Pickering earlier today, once again Sacred was solid on D as they Pickering couldn't do anything against their zone. Sacred won 60-44 and play Vaughn tomorrow in the Semis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

New top ten heading into the week before the break (excluding SRB of course), but this week's games might effect this list a bit.

1. Sacred Heart - has to be unquestionable as of now with their success this past weekend
2. St. Patrick - won the CB tournament this weekend beating St. Matts in the final
3. St. Matthew - beat St. Pats in league play but just lost in the CB final to them
4. Hillcrest - won the Ashbury tournament this weekend but lost to St. Matts in league play
5. Louis Riel - finalist in the Bill Wren and undefeated in league play
6. Deslauriers - undefeated in league play but lost by 40 to Hillcrest this weekend
7. Earl of March - play Sacred Heart tomorrow, a win will move them up quite a bit
8. All Saints - split with Earl and beat St. Pats in exhibition
9. Glebe - beat St. Peter's last week and their only loss in league play was a forfeit
10. Ashbury - made it to the semi of their own tournament and undefeated in league play

Honourable mentions go to St. Peter, Carine Wilson, St. Paul, and St. Joseph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Coach C, I agree mainly with your list, and knowing you don't want to add your team into the mix, but I would probably switch SRB and Glebe and keep everything else the same for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGX

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

How did Glebe do in the Cougar Classic?

Are the Ashbury results posted anywhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Ashbury beating Louis Riel today will change the list a bit as will Glebe's loss to Sir Wilfrid Laurier tonight. The other game that was suppose to be tonight was St. Matts vs St. Peter but I saw that St. Peter is in Toronto today at the Rimrocker tournament. By the way, they are currently 1-1 at the tournament losing to West Hill in their first game and beating the host team St. Francis Xavier in their second game.

I don't think that the results for the Ashbury tournament are posted anywhere, but the semi-final matchups were SRB over Ashbury by 20+ and Hillcrest over Deslauriers by 40. In the final Hillcrest beat SRB by 20+. Other games of note are that Deslauriers beat Carine Wilson (not sure of the score) and Carine Wilson beat St. Joseph by one. St. Joes was missing their top two players for that game I heard. Lastly, Grand Riviere from Gatineau won the consolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach 101

PostSubject: Info   Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Deslauriers beat Carine Wilson by 30+ (First quarter was 20-2)

Hillcrest Beat SRB: Hillcrest was up 30 by half and didn't play the Emad/Isaak combination for most of the second half

Significant improvements with the Hillcrest team. They are very impressive, quick and dedicated to defense. I don't think any team can play them man-to man.

Ashbury is well coached and they constantly improve all season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
robby

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:47 am

If all saints is such a bad team, can somebody explain to me whyyy they are second in the West Sr boys AAAA league http://www.fatdog.ca/web/id/760145FFD50D4406A7D62BAE0402C887/standings.php. see for yourself

They are after Sacred Heart, before SRB and Earl of March and are still to play Sacred Heart around new year which they are most likely going to crush to end all talk, It seems like they are very underatted but they have a very athletic team with strong guards and forwards like Mike brooks they've been stopping anyone in their way including st.pats, st.pauls and earl i think they should be much higher in their ranking and are definently a team too watch out for this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Best "AA" squad in the Region?   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 am

coachc wrote:
New top ten heading into the week before the break (excluding SRB of course), but this week's games might effect this list a bit.

1. Sacred Heart - has to be unquestionable as of now with their success this past weekend
2. St. Patrick - won the CB tournament this weekend beating St. Matts in the final
3. St. Matthew - beat St. Pats in league play but just lost in the CB final to them
4. Hillcrest - won the Ashbury tournament this weekend but lost to St. Matts in league play
5. Louis Riel - finalist in the Bill Wren and undefeated in league play
6. Deslauriers - undefeated in league play but lost by 40 to Hillcrest this weekend
7. Earl of March - play Sacred Heart tomorrow, a win will move them up quite a bit
8. All Saints - split with Earl and beat St. Pats in exhibition
9. Glebe - beat St. Peter's last week and their only loss in league play was a forfeit
10. Ashbury - made it to the semi of their own tournament and undefeated in league play

Honourable mentions go to St. Peter, Carine Wilson, St. Paul, and St. Joseph

Looking forward to OFSSA and whom from Ottawa has the best chance of going to North Bay? Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:56 am

robby wrote:
If all saints is such a bad team, can somebody explain to me whyyy they are second in the West Sr boys AAAA league http://www.fatdog.ca/web/id/760145FFD50D4406A7D62BAE0402C887/standings.php. see for yourself

They are after Sacred Heart, before SRB and Earl of March and are still to play Sacred Heart around new year which they are most likely going to crush to end all talk, It seems like they are very underatted but they have a very athletic team with strong guards and forwards like Mike brooks they've been stopping anyone in their way including st.pats, st.pauls and earl i think they should be much higher in their ranking and are definently a team too watch out for this year.

Robby and AvsBasketball, I don't think anyone is saying you're underated or not getting the respect you deserve? I'm not sure people will agree with me but there are 2 reasons you're not atop the rankings:

First. your wins in preseason vs St. Pat's and St. Paul's are good and I don't want to take away from them but for me I use pre-season to pick my team so not sure how meaningful it was for them - basically pre-season doesn't really count for much?

The other obvious and major reason is the City doesn't see your team in any tournaments?? There have been so many good local tournaments thus far: Cullen, Bill Wren, Ashbury, Colonel By...how is anyone supposed to rank you? Every other ranked and HM team has played in one or multiple of these so at least we can have some indication of where teams are at? For whatever reason I don't think All Saints has been in any, how can we even begin to gauge where you are?? Hopefully you're in either St. Joes and Ridgemont after Christmas so we can figure you out? If we're just using regular season it's already tough when A/AA and AAA/AAAA don't mix and there's no east/west cross-over games this year.

I don't doubt that you're a top team, I have circled February 7th on the calendar and I truly hope we (SH) can give you a game, maybe even pull off an upset? Merry Christmas!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:27 pm

All Saints is in the St. Joes tourney right after the break so we should get some idea of ranking teams. The only teams off the top ten that are not in that tournament are Sacred Heart (in a tournament in Saskatchewan) and Deslauriers (I thought they were in it but I dont see them on the draw?) I will post the St. Joes stuff on a different thread. As for people underestimating All Saints, I am not sure that is the case. The split with Earl puts them in the top ten where they belong. They are tied with SRB for second (for some reason Fatdog defaults to PF as tiebreaker but NCSSAA defaults to points allowed if the teams have not played each other). Smile Anyway, the last game of the season between SRB and All Saints could be very interesting depending on how things play out between now and then. A lot of ball still to be played!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 pm

robby wrote:

I may have read this wrong....but did you just say All Saints is going to crush Sacred Heart? Yes, they may be able to beat them, but I don't think anyone in ottawa could crush them. And All Saints is underrated because they haven't proved anything yet. Once they do, we'll talk about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:21 pm

NOS makes a valid point..Sacred is an Incredible team and it will be a tough team and a very tough game. that is where we have to truely proove ourselve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Sacred Heart cracks Onatrio's top ten, ranking #4 http://thehoop-la.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Today at 12:47 am

Back to top Go down

Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top