HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jrcitycoach

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:59 pm

So we have a top ten, and honorable mentions made. Any opinion on some sleeper teams that might/could be a tough out this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Ottballl wrote:
Here is my top teams in the city this year
Feel free to change or add new teams

1. Sacred Heart
2. Sir Robert Borden
3. St. Matthew
4. Hilcrest
5. Earl Of March
6-St. Patricks
7. Louis Riel
8. Ashbury
9. Gloucester
10. St. Peter

Honorable Mention goes to Deslauriers, St Paul, Immaculata.

Personally, I think Hilcrest should definitly be ahead of St. Matts possibly even higher then SRB. Other then that, its a pretty good list, any of top 6 teams could beat each other on any given day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Here is my top 5 without including SRB:

1. Sacred Heart - adding Keagan and Emmanuel to their top unit and really only losing their big man makes Sacred Heart the early season favourite, though I was very tempted to give this spot to St. Pats
2. St. Pats - Mariel is the key to this team but what hurt them last year is no longer an issue with 6'7" and 6'5" in the front court this season. Will still be young but very athletic and now with some size. Don't forget that they won the East last year. Watch out for these guys!
3. Earl of March - Can't teach 6'9" or whatever Ryan is now and have two really good guards to compliment to him. If their new guys can contribute, this team will contend.
4. St. Matthew - always a solid program and were city finalists just last season only losing Gavin (big loss no doubt but you do not get to the city finals with only one player!)
5. Hillcrest - may have lost their big guy but their guards are legit and will play with any of the top teams in the league. May deserve to be higher, but the uncertainty of losing their big man keeps them at 5 for now.

This list will likely change several times during the regular season but it is good to anticipate. Perhaps SRB deserves to be in their somewhere, but it is really too close to pin point where so I am leaving us out. Interesting to note that Sacred Heart is a AAAA school this year and can only qualify for ofsaa at that level. The AAA teams can qualify for either AAAA or AAA. This is probably going to be the most competitive season in a long time. Should be some great ball.[left]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 pm

I don't know all the injuries, transfers, coaching changes, and other roster issues affecting each team, but hopefully this can help figure those things out. Here are some predictions with key players.

1. St. Pat's - 6'7" Kevin Ndahiro (transfer), 6'5" Marial Shayok, Braeden Wilkinson, Ernest Tolete, Cliff Lerebours
2. Sacred Heart - Sean Stoqua, 6'7" Vikas Gill, Keegan MacNeill, Emmanuel Kwofie, Brandon Simpson
3. Hillcrest - Issack Egueh, Emad Abdelmagid, 6'6" John Lenz, Wajdi Abumengel, Gurkaran Bajwi
4. St. Matt's - Ykealo Araia, Cedric Dumais, Matt Price, Mack Wakefield, Sebastian Mangan
5. St. Peter - Daniel Nwosu, Jeremy Azangi, 6'6" Lucas Verrelli, Mike Zablocki, Isaiah Harris
6. Earl of March - 6'10" Ryan Evans, Owen Powers, Rob Mielnik, Liban Yousef, Idan Itskovitch (gr.10 moving up?)
7. SRB - Jamal Aden, Ola Ogungbemile, Phil Stenjajev, Tremaine Inyang, transfer from Woodroffe
8. Louis Riel - Christian Kadima, 6'5" Raphael Riche, John Dorsainvil
9. Ashbury - 6'8' Jean Pierre-Charles, Tony Haddad, Robbie Ashe, Tim Lo, Omar Karim
10. John McCrae - 6'6" Justin Shaver (transfer/Nepean), 6'5" Chris McComber

Others:
Gloucester - 6'6" Bilaal Amin (transfer/Hillcrest), Omar Mohamed (transfer/Colonel By), Sean Semerjian (transfer/Montreal)
Cairine Wilson - 6'5" Justin Mulhall, Mark Challinor, Brennan Vallee, Faraz Malik
Colonel By - Collin Nnagbo, Tom McFarland, Abenezer Abebe, Jordan Chen
St. Pius - 6'5" Buay Reat, David Draguta, Mark Collantes
LBP - Josh Kabongo, JP Manuel, Sylvain Mbuyamba
Holy Trinity - 6'9" Vule Grujic, Kevin Bercy, Alex Warnholtz, Brandon Farguharson
Merivale - Kenton Linton, Alex Prescott-Cornejo, Ashton Connell
Immaculata - Greg Cleland, Denroy Jean-Jacques, Zolande Jackson, Nick Dagher
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
Xavier Rimrocker

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Look for the Bill Wren tournament to help set the early season rankings as there are at least six of Barry's top ten confirmed with a few more spots left to fill.

Confirmed so far are St. Pat's, Sacred Heart, Hillcrest, St. Matthew, St. Peter, Ashbury, St. Paul, Sir Wil, Mother Teresa, and Xavier (Mississauga).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:30 am

No All Saints? They had a decent team in junior 2 years ago and have 2 strong juniors moving up to senior
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceforever

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:40 am

Also, we talk so much about how good these teams are but we tend to think about them being good on offense, which teams are strong defensively? have a great press? play alot of zone or man? etc. This may very well be the deciding factor this season as so many strong teams with no real wow team makes me think that defense really will come in big time for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 am

Looking at BJH's list of guys, I am amazed that so much emphasis has been put on the guards in the city. It looks to me like there are several key players around that are 6'6" or bigger yet we keep talking about guards?? I believe that these big guys will play a bigger role (pun intended) than many are anticipating. Remember, you can't teach 6'10", but you can teach dribbling, passing, and shooting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Rumour is that Mareil is in Chicago...can anyone confirm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:02 pm

NOS wrote:
Rumour is that Mareil is in Chicago...can anyone confirm?

I don't think so. Brother Shayok and his Chicago prep coach from last year have both moved to IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) this season, so I think the pipeline to Chicago may have ended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
Baller#1

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:45 am

Major sleeper teams:
carine wilson: stuart (current next level player), Justin (fomer next level player), mark chillinor, faraz
major sleeper team right there

SWL may finally be gud this year with there core scores coming back for their last seasons
SWL key: Malcolm Brown, Kivon, Kyle (have been key starting players since grade 9 and have carried alot of the scoring load)
key additions that i have heard of: jamal simon who has transfered from st petes and is victory lapping at st petes and the supposally have another transfer from immaculate

AND you guys cannot forget about st petes with daniel, david,mike they are always a gud athletic team

feel free to add your opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:22 pm

NLBaller#1 wrote:
Major sleeper teams:
carine wilson: stuart (current next level player), Justin (fomer next level player), mark chillinor, faraz
major sleeper team right there

SWL may finally be gud this year with there core scores coming back for their last seasons
SWL key: Malcolm Brown, Kivon, Kyle (have been key starting players since grade 9 and have carried alot of the scoring load)
key additions that i have heard of: jamal simon who has transfered from st petes and is victory lapping at st petes and the supposally have another transfer from immaculate

AND you guys cannot forget about st petes with daniel, david,mike they are always a gud athletic team

feel free to add your opinion

Alright so I definitely agree with you that CW is a sleeper team. However they are an A school I believe so they can't really be a sleeper as they are not in the AAA/AAAA competition. However I will say this, I love Stuart's game and I think in tournaments we may see CW with an upset or two especially with Bill Arden at the helm.

As for Sir Wilfred Laurier and St. Peters, SWL has a decent team but they are not amazing really the only one that should be mentioned on that team is Malcolm. Not trying to hate on Kivon but hes not a T10 or even a T15 player in this league. Jamal hasn't played organized basketball since quitting Next Level three years ago so I don't know how reliable he will be. St. Peters' has a great young athletic team but the same thing goes for them as I said for Sir Wilfred Laurier, Daniel is really the only one that should be mentioned the other guys aren't T10 or T15 either. This year I predict will be a learning and growing year for St. Peters and next year when they are all in grade 12 it will be theirs to lose.

Just my two cents. I hope I didn't offend any of those players as it was/is not my intention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller#1

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:22 am

lol ya i doubt any players will take offence to that at least i hope they wont i also have to agree and disagree with you redemption malcolm is a great player and his game has reli grown since grade 9 after joining the Guardsmen organization he can not only score from the outside but from the inside as he has improved greatly espically his defense even if kivon in your opinion is not T10 T15 player which may be true in the league he deserves some credit from being an undersized point guard he has been one of the leading scorers for his team he also surprisingly can finish under contact very will considering his size but his outside shooting game could use work and the game i have seen him play this kid can leap. Even tho jamal has not played organized ball in a while i am sure he still has some game left in him and once he gets his shot back he should do fine. In my mind i still belive that sir wil will have their main scorers malcolm and kivon but they will not make any noise in the league without their other role players stepping up. As for st petes i kno daniel is a great player but he cant do it on his own he also will have david who if he gets hot can be deadly from outside and has a pretty nice hop step to the rim. and for carine wilson i believe they pull out some upsets some year. anyways i will list some teams club players feel free to add some players that i am missing
CW: stuart (may be practicing with next level team i am not sure tho)
Justin (played next level last season)
St petes: daniel (guardsmen), lucca (guardsmen)
sir wilfred: Malcolm (guardsmen)
Mike (guardsmen or next level not sure)
kivon (next level)
earl of march: owen (next level)
ryan (guardsmen and played for team canada)
rob (guardsmen)
sacred heart: sean (guardmen)
vikas (guardsmen)
emmanuel (next level)
louis riel: warsame (wolverines)

st matts: cedric (next level)
mack (guardsmen or wolverines)
ykalo ( phenoix?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XavierJay

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 pm

RIDGEMONT BASKETBALL ANY COMMENTS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:30 pm

XavierJay wrote:
RIDGEMONT BASKETBALL ANY COMMENTS

Just like last year... great coaching, not so great of a team, and will end up doing nothing in this league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

didnt stuart from carine wilson graduate last year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:17 pm

baller29 wrote:

Victory lap. There are quite a few returning grade 12's that graduated last year. Stuart, Omar, Matt, Justin, and Jamal. I might be missing someone though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:34 am

redemption wrote:
baller29 wrote:

Victory lap. There are quite a few returning grade 12's that graduated last year. Stuart, Omar, Matt, Justin, and Jamal. I might be missing someone though.

Not sure if the Jamal you are referring to is the SRB Jamal, but if it is, he is in grade 12 (4th year not 5th year).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 pm

coachc wrote:
redemption wrote:
baller29 wrote:

Not sure if the Jamal you are referring to is the SRB Jamal, but if it is, he is in grade 12 (4th year not 5th year).

No he's talking about the Jamal at St. Petes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Yes im talking about Jamal Simon that transfered from st.petes. I have also heard rumors that Jamal from SRB moved to avalon and now attends SWL but I have also heard that Jamal is attending SRB. Can anyone clarify this situation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller#1

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 pm

jamal simon is at SWL but Jamal is at SRB still as far as i know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:18 pm

Anyone know of any preseason match ups?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:43 pm

NOS wrote:
Anyone know of any preseason match ups?

St.Petes crushed vankleekhill last week and i think they had a game last night. Other than that no word on preseason match ups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ottballl

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Deslauriers are playing at Franco-Ouest this wednesday at 4 PM

And Deslauriers are at St Paul Friday 12th at 4 PM

Haven't heard of other games but I think this would be an interesting match up between St Paul and Deslauriers. Both teams have great Point guards .
Greg Peleso (st paul) and Sherif (Deslaurier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:53 am

I just got the email from the convenors about who is in which division (schedule will follow shortly). Just to clarify, Louis Riel is in AA not AAA/AAAA this year. Also, Ashbury is AA and the only single A schools are OIS and Deslauriers. Thus the winner of the final game between them will play COSSA winner for the right to go to OFSAA. Also of note is that John McRae is not tier one and Carine Wilson is tier one in AA.

AAA/AAAA divisions look like this:

West - SRB, Earl, All Saints, Sacred Heart, St. Joes, Nepean, Bell, St. Pius

East - Glebe, St. Matts, St. Pats, Hillcrest, Colonel By, Sir Wil, St. Peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Today at 5:48 am

Back to top Go down

Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next