HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jrcitycoach



Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 am

I'm a little shocked that John McCrae is not going tier one. It's fair to say that it takes more than one player for a team be competitive, regardless of what tier or division they might be in. However, I thought Justin Shaver was going to have some talent around him???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winner1237



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Sr Boys..   Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:52 am

With all this talk of the city`s best teams and top plyaers. I have to say that this year will be quite special. Schools like Hillcrest and Sacred Heart that both have great squads. Issack and Emad should be a great guard combo to look out for and they got additional players that could help them. Further more there are some sleeper teams. For example Deslauriers should be one of them because they have a solid unit and look serious this year. They have a skilled Point Guard Sherif Bah he played in the all star game and Wais Mohamed should be a dominant player since this would be his 3rd year as a senior. Also I have seen some nice rebounding big mans and a good group of guys off the bench. To finish off we'll just have to see the results at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winner1237



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Aceforever wrote:
what team in the city has good post play?

Hill used to but they apparently lost their main big to Gloucester so they are pretty much strong G's and an outside big.

EOM has Ryan and 3 nice G's. Not sure 1 post player makes you a strong post game when other teams can simply double him with no other post to go to.

SH has Vic who doesn't post that much does he? I thought it was more of a pick and role game with Sean going on for them. They do have a 2nd big but he's certainly not that strong.

St Pat has no post play either, all guardy kind of players right?

SRB has 1 returning big in Ola, not at the level of Vic and Ryan but did play club and 2 young bigs coming up from junior. Not so sure that they are any weaker then the teams mentioned above.

St Matt's doesn't have bigs really do they? They were Gavin and role players last year. Lost Gavin and have the same young club guys as last year with Cedric and other wings running the show there.

JM has Justin (best big in the city) but no one to help him out.

Seems to me that the past of St Matt double big man type style is all gone. Sure you need some bigs but having a stud won't be that crucial since no one has 2, it's gonna be about the g's this season IMO.

So who has the best G's?

With all this talk of the city`s best teams and top plyaers. I have to say that this year will be quite special. Schools like Hillcrest and Sacred Heart that both have great squads. Issack and Emad should be a great guard combo to look out for and they got additional players that could help them. Further more there are some sleeper teams. For example Deslauriers should be one of them because they have a solid unit and look serious this year. They have a skilled Point Guard Sherif Bah he played in the all star game and Wais Mohamed should be a dominant player since this would be his 3rd year as a senior. Also I have seen some nice rebounding big mans and a good group of guys off the bench. To finish off we'll just have to see the results at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ottballl



Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Deslauriers really impressed me today, they have an athletic team and a great Point Guard and good shooters. They out score St Paul. Deslauriers should be in that top 5 teams. I've seen the referee draw and they're in that tournament. We'll start ranking teams from that and the St matts tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: All Saints Underrated   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:10 pm

First off.. All Saints Should be on the same level of teams to watch as St. Pats And St Pauls.

All Saints has already beaten both teams. They beat St. Pats by 3 points without running an offense and without one of their top forwards Steven Lancefield who is one of their top scorers next to Mike Brooks and Phil Dappah

As for St Pauls..Mike Brooks has successfully shut down Guard Chris Pelloso twice.

Other people to watch on this team are: Yannick Nkuba- Strong defense..shut down st pauls other prominate scorer Kyle, Tommy Musonge-tough on crashing the boards, Charles Range- Tough center whose is a wall in the lanes and is a threat with his shooting abilities.

In my mind the top 5 teams to watch in the city are T1. Sacred Heart/All Saints/St Pats
3. EOM
4. St Matts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:25 pm

Ottballl wrote:
Here is my top teams in the city this year
Feel free to change or add new teams

1. Sacred Heart
2. Sir Robert Borden
3. St. Matthew
4. Hilcrest
5. Earl Of March
6-St. Patricks
7. Louis Riel
8. Ashbury
9. Gloucester
10. St. Peter

Honorable Mention goes to Deslauriers, St Paul, Immaculata.

All Saints has Beaten two teams on this list...One without their top forwards (st pats)
and another they jus thumped by 16 points in their preseason match ups. (St.Pauls)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewBoy



Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

All Saints is not a top 5, or even top 10 in the city, and especially not tied for first with Sacred -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Honestly?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:14 am

All Saints Is DEFINATLY a top 10 in the City...They have beaten St Pauls by 16 point who was an honorable mention for top ten this year

AND

They beat St. Pats already this year with out their second best scorer Steven Lanefield. And for the record St. Pats has already beaten Sacred Heart this year. So Clearly All Saints would be in at least the top 10 maybe even top 5...Tied for first may be a bit of a stretch ill admit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach 101



Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Facts - 2 Ottawa Tournaments / Season started   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:27 pm

I would disagree with the above top 10.

1. St-Patrick’s won the St-Matthew tournament –Congrats!!!– (young tenacious defense and skilled offense) and has not lost 1 game in Ottawa this year. “Team 2 Beat”
2. Louis Riel beat Hilcrest by more then 12 – Hilcrest have 2 good caliber players but a weak supporting cast and the coaching will limit their ability to create and unfortunately make them predictable. Louis Riel played a physical and energetic defense, the combination of half court and full court will cause a lot of problems to any team they face. AS well, their front court is powerful. Hilcrest did not make it out of their pool and Louis Riel made it to the finals.
3. St-Matthews: They have a limited amount of talent but well coached. They lost to Deslauriers; Deslauriers was up the entire game.
4. Deslauriers: They won the referee tournament and lost in the semi-finals to Louis Riel in the St-Matthew’s Tournament (55-54). They have beaten the following teams:
1. St-Paul’s: by more then 20
2. St-Matthew: by 8
3. Earl of March: By more then 15
From what I know they only lost 1 game in Ottawa (11-1)
5. St- Peter’s: Too many gimmicks on defense (traps) they would benefit from playing a solid man to man with traps because they give up easy baskets. The PG is solid and deserves some recognition.

My list:
1. St. Patrick’s
2. Sacred Heart
3. Sir Robert Borden
4. Louis Riel
5. Deslauriers
6. Earl of March
7. Hilcrest
8. St. Matthew
9. Ashbury
10. St. Peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: On the contrary   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:59 pm

coach 101 wrote:
I would disagree with the above top 10.

1. St-Patrick’s won the St-Matthew tournament –Congrats!!!– (young tenacious defense and skilled offense) and has not lost 1 game in Ottawa this year. “Team 2 Beat”
2. Louis Riel beat Hilcrest by more then 12 – Hilcrest have 2 good caliber players but a weak supporting cast and the coaching will limit their ability to create and unfortunately make them predictable. Louis Riel played a physical and energetic defense, the combination of half court and full court will cause a lot of problems to any team they face. AS well, their front court is powerful. Hilcrest did not make it out of their pool and Louis Riel made it to the finals.
3. St-Matthews: They have a limited amount of talent but well coached. They lost to Deslauriers; Deslauriers was up the entire game.
4. Deslauriers: They won the referee tournament and lost in the semi-finals to Louis Riel in the St-Matthew’s Tournament (55-54). They have beaten the following teams:
1. St-Paul’s: by more then 20
2. St-Matthew: by 8
3. Earl of March: By more then 15
From what I know they only lost 1 game in Ottawa (11-1)
5. St- Peter’s: Too many gimmicks on defense (traps) they would benefit from playing a solid man to man with traps because they give up easy baskets. The PG is solid and deserves some recognition.

My list:
1. St. Patrick’s
2. Sacred Heart
3. Sir Robert Borden
4. Louis Riel
5. Deslauriers
6. Earl of March
7. Hilcrest
8. St. Matthew
9. Ashbury
10. St. Peter

On the contrary to what Coach 101 said...St Pats has lost a game this year in their pre season match up to All Saints. they Lost by 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winner1237



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 pm

my list:
1. St. Patrick’s
2. Sacred Heart
3. Louis Riel
4. Deslauriers
5. Sir Robert Borden
6. St. Matthew
7. Earl of March
8. St. Peter
9. Ashbury
10. Hilcrest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachhill



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:10 am

So far this new basketball season is starting off good. Its early in the season but we can tell from watching the past couple of tournament games which teams have been working harder then others. And I have no idea why All Saints are making themselves seem like their the team to beat just because they beat St.Paul and St.Patrick in a preseason games. Preseason doesn't matter. And I don't think they as in All Saints will make it to the playoffs, their just not a good team. Scared heart looks to have gotten better from last year adding some new grade 11 to the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OIS123



Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 am

I believe that OIS deserves to be in the top 10 this year with many our players retuning this season stronger and better then the last looking to make an impact in this years single A division. look out for Matrix, Guled Jay , abdullahi, Micheal Redd, Fox, Elias Ali, Warsame M, and the most valuable player on the ois ball team Awaleh.Y
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 am

Not sure that I would put OIS in the top ten, at least not yet anyway. They are 0-2 in league play and lost by 40 to the only other single A team. Though I believe that Sacred Heart is the team to beat, the did lose to St. Pats, so you cannot have St. Pats behind them. Deslauriers has also won a local tournament and lost in the semis in the other. Lets see how they do in the Ashbury tournament next weekend. Right now though, they have to be #2 behind St. Pats (is their loss in the Bill Wren their only one so far?). My new top 10, leaving SRB out of the discussion, is as follows:

1. St. Pats
2. Deslauriers
3. Sacred Heart
4. Earl of March
5. Louis Riel
6. St. Matts
7. St. Peter
8. Hillcrest
9. All Saints
10. Carine Wilson/St. Paul

The best part of this list is that on any given night, it would not be a shocker if any of the teams on the list beat someone ranked higher. There really is that much parity in the league this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption



Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 am

Just checked out fatdog and noticed Allsaints beat EOM by 2 last night. Did both Ryan and Owen play? Anyone know what happened in the game? Two big match ups in the east today, the historic rivalry between SWL and St. Petes and St. Matts plays host to St. Pats. Should be two great games today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inthehouse



Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 am

Love this forum – some great passion from players and fans of teams making arguments for their ranking. Always difficult because of the separation (A/AA, AAA/AAAA) and especially this year with no cross-over between East/West. There are some great teams competing in both leagues so it’s going to be tougher this year to keep a legitimate ranking. You try and base it on some head to head games but there won’t be many unless teams participate in some of the bigger local tournaments.

I know for us (SH), it will definitely be tough to gauge where we fit outside of regular season because we’re done competing locally until National-Capital Classic (Ridgemont in February). We’re going to Syracuse this week-end and playing Henninger and Jamesville DeWitt (Top 50 US School with Dajuan Coleman), Eastern Commerce Holiday Classic and BRIT (Saskatoon) in January.

The rankings will no doubt constantly change all year, in the end it always comes down to February/March – when the real season begins - sudden-death play-offs and of course upsets in the making. Good luck to all!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 am

redemption wrote:
Just checked out fatdog and noticed Allsaints beat EOM by 2 last night. Did both Ryan and Owen play? Anyone know what happened in the game? Two big match ups in the east today, the historic rivalry between SWL and St. Petes and St. Matts plays host to St. Pats. Should be two great games today.

Both Owen and Ryan Played.
The All Saints posts shut Ryan down in the second half and All Saints Guards did the same with Owen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach 101



Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: (is their loss in the Bill Wren their only one so far?).    Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 am

From what I understand,Deslauriers only lost to High School Teams is against Louis Riel (55-54).

Why are you removing SRB from the top 10 list coachc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachCarter



Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:08 am

AvsBasketball wrote:
redemption wrote:
Just checked out fatdog and noticed Allsaints beat EOM by 2 last night. Did both Ryan and Owen play? Anyone know what happened in the game? Two big match ups in the east today, the historic rivalry between SWL and St. Petes and St. Matts plays host to St. Pats. Should be two great games today.

Both Owen and Ryan Played.
The All Saints posts shut Ryan down in the second half and All Saints Guards did the same with Owen

what game were you watching, owen turned the ball over with 6 seconds left and ryan scored 24 points in the game. with 0.1 seconds left on the clock mike brooks "scored" a tip in basket to win the game. upon further review via video replay, you can clearly see the basket is no good.

everybody knows all saints got lucky, easy easy earl of march has a more reputable basketball program than all saints will ever have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc



Posts : 398
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 pm

coach 101 wrote:
From what I understand,Deslauriers only lost to High School Teams is against Louis Riel (55-54).

Why are you removing SRB from the top 10 list coachc?

I coach SRB and try not to include them in the rankings. Last year, I did a ranking with us included because everyone had us as #1 so I put us there as well. Without this concensus, including SRB would only come across as bias so I have left them off the list.

Also, I just saw that St. Matts beat St. Pats on Dec. 2 by 6 pts. Perhaps this changes the rankings a bit too? As many of us have agreed, these teams will be beating each other all season long which is making these rankings even more difficult.

Some interesting games next week include Hillcrest at St. Matts, SRB at Sacred Heart and St. Pats at St. Peter. We will also get a better idea where St. Joes and Glebe fit in as St. Joes plays SRB this week and Glebe plays St. Peter. Both Glebe and St. Joes are usually in the mix and are very well coached but they have not played many games yet so it is difficult to know much about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lebron123



Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:22 pm

The last two tournaments was a really good indication of who his for real as of now and who isnt. But then again there are teams that haven't even played in a tournament which are mysteries to us as of now. St Matts did beat St Pats but i still feel they are Number 1. On my post i did predict that they would be beat Sacred Heart but not the tournament so I was partly right. Sacred Heart must follow because they still are favourites and Hillcrest can't fall to far behind due to all that talent on that one team.
Here is my Rankings
1.St.Patricks
2.Sacred Heart
3.St.Matthew
4.Louis Riel
5. Hillcrest
6.Deslaurier
7. St. Peter
8. Sir Robert Borden
9. Earl Of MArch
10. St Paul

Honaorable Mention : St.Pius, Cairine Wilson, All Saints, St Joseph
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gmen#4



Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Whether Ryan Evans dropped 30 or even 45pts , at the end of the day All Saints came down with the W. In my opinion All Saints and Earl of March are pretty equally matched. I'm not sure why All saints is so underrated




CoachCarter wrote:
AvsBasketball wrote:
redemption wrote:
Just checked out fatdog and noticed Allsaints beat EOM by 2 last night. Did both Ryan and Owen play? Anyone know what happened in the game? Two big match ups in the east today, the historic rivalry between SWL and St. Petes and St. Matts plays host to St. Pats. Should be two great games today.

Both Owen and Ryan Played.
The All Saints posts shut Ryan down in the second half and All Saints Guards did the same with Owen

what game were you watching, owen turned the ball over with 6 seconds left and ryan scored 24 points in the game. with 0.1 seconds left on the clock mike brooks "scored" a tip in basket to win the game. upon further review via video replay, you can clearly see the basket is no good.

everybody knows all saints got lucky, easy easy earl of march has a more reputable basketball program than all saints will ever have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller29



Posts : 124
Join date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:55 pm

This is not the NBA what video replay?

[/quote]

what game were you watching, owen turned the ball over with 6 seconds left and ryan scored 24 points in the game. with 0.1 seconds left on the clock mike brooks "scored" a tip in basket to win the game. upon further review via video replay, you can clearly see the basket is no good.

everybody knows all saints got lucky, easy easy earl of march has a more reputable basketball program than all saints will ever have. [/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VincentLamarCarter



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Best team in Kanata anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AvsBasketball



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Couldnt Agree More   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Gmen#4 wrote:
Whether Ryan Evans dropped 30 or even 45pts , at the end of the day All Saints came down with the W. In my opinion All Saints and Earl of March are pretty equally matched. I'm not sure why All saints is so underrated




CoachCarter wrote:
AvsBasketball wrote:
redemption wrote:
Just checked out fatdog and noticed Allsaints beat EOM by 2 last night. Did both Ryan and Owen play? Anyone know what happened in the game? Two big match ups in the east today, the historic rivalry between SWL and St. Petes and St. Matts plays host to St. Pats. Should be two great games today.

Both Owen and Ryan Played.
The All Saints posts shut Ryan down in the second half and All Saints Guards did the same with Owen

what game were you watching, owen turned the ball over with 6 seconds left and ryan scored 24 points in the game. with 0.1 seconds left on the clock mike brooks "scored" a tip in basket to win the game. upon further review via video replay, you can clearly see the basket is no good.

everybody knows all saints got lucky, easy easy earl of march has a more reputable basketball program than all saints will ever have.

Couldnt Agree More...And if Coach Carter actually read the post Evans got shut down in the second half...i would hope being a Team Canada Member he would score more than 20..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011   Today at 7:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sr Boys BBall 2010-2011
» FUSIONFALL HALLOWEEN PICTURES 2008 2009 2010 2011!!!!
» Rankings AAA
» Corazon Classic Match 2010 ~
» Vanocuver Junior Boys City Championships

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: Ontario :: NCSSAA-
Jump to: