HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

[b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sideline5

PostSubject: [b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]   Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:42 am

Was wondering if there is any team out there that will compete with West Ferris, in the North as well as the province. It looks like all the top AA teams from the past couple years have all lost their core guys. St.Francis was a young team at Ofssa last year,so they may be back..What about ACMT..lets get some talk going![b]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: [b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]   Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 am

sideline5 wrote:
Was wondering if there is any team out there that will compete with West Ferris, in the North as well as the province. It looks like all the top AA teams from the past couple years have all lost their core guys. St.Francis was a young team at Ofssa last year,so they may be back..What about ACMT..lets get some talk going![b]

I do not think that West Ferris is the best "AA" team in North Bay let alone the North. I believe that Chippewa is better than West Ferris and if they do not have to play the finals at West Ferris Mad they will stand a very good chance of going to OFSAA. Also. we (St. Marys) have almost our whole team back (less one) and we gave West Ferris a good game last year in the NOSSA finals we might also challenge, unless we go "AAA". I am not sure about the rest of the North right now but know that St. Basils will have a very good team, if small, and Timmins will not be as good as they were last year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: [b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]   Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Since this thread is about AA in the north and province, I thought I would throw one team into the conversation that will likely compete for a spot at AA ofsaa. Smith Falls will be a tough team this year. My understanding is that their core guys from last year's ofsaa team are all back. You also have to consider some of the top southern ontario teams like parkside and acmt from Hamilton, Gl Roberts from Oshawa, and possibly George Harvey from T.O. How will Lasalle from Sudbury be this year? Don't under estimate Timmins. I have no clue what they have coming back, but they always seem to be in the mix. Should be a great season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: We have not played Smith Falls so can not make any statements   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I hope that we (St. Marys) get a chance to play GL Roberts at the Tomahawk tournament next month. I am not sure if Anderson is a "AAA" team or not but I believe that they won this tournament last year over Chippewa. I always wondering why no teams from North Bay come to the Vetrie and test themselves against the US prep schools. Of course no northern teams got within 35 points of them last year but every year we are cutting that margin.

I really think that the level of ball in the north is rising and I say that because we almost won JDP last year, losing by three in the finals which is the best finish for a North team since the inception of that system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]   Today at 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down

[b]AA in the North and the Province[/b]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1