HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Top 10 2010-11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Top 10 2010-11   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:07 pm

Here is my preseason AA top 10, I've been doing this weekly top 10 for 3 years and it has been pretty accurate with the exception of the preseason, cuz let's face it, noone knows what the future will bring. This is my own personal opinion and it's based on the info that I have recieved about the teams thus far so don't flip out if you disagree.

1-Sugarloaf-The defending champs return their prime time players and are going to be a huge force. There is no over rating these guys anymore. They are without a doubt, the team to beat.

2-Devon Park-Many players are returning, and they are one of the best coached teams in the league. Size will continue to be their downfall, however, heart will be what seperates them from the pack.

3-Harvey-Continueing with the trend, lots of talent returning. Gordon Robinson could be an MVP candidate and they are tough and well coached.

4-Dalhousie-Not sure what to think yet about these guys, this is a tentative spot, might be over or under rated but time will tell, they will be tough though, that's for sure.

5-Central NB-Let the hating begin, this s not a high ranking for them. The Nighthawks return all but 2,yes 2 very key players, but the young guns have stepped up and will continue to do so all year long.Depth could be the key here.

6-McAdam-Probably the top player...but wheres the support? They'll find a way to win some big games but how far can they go?

7-JMA-Returning lots of players and out to prove that taking Sugarloaf into OT at regionals wasn't a fluke! They lost a great coach and those shoes could be hard to fill.

8-Campobello-Great starting core, new coach, but they lack depth. Could be very dangerous

9-Petitcodiac-Always stick around,great coach and always seem to be there in February.

10-Grand Manan-I kinda just threw them on here because they are due for a good year.

Time will tell how accurate this is. Once the season starts I anticipate a lot of up and down movement from most of these teams. Next top 10 will be week 1 of the season, good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:48 pm



6-McAdam-Probably the top player...but wheres the support? They'll find a way to win some big games but how far can they go?

7-JMA-Returning lots of players and out to prove that taking Sugarloaf into OT at regionals wasn't a fluke! They lost a great coach and those shoes could be hard to fill.

8-Campobello-Great starting core, new coach, but they lack depth. Could be very dangerous

10-Grand Manan-I kinda just threw them on here because they are due for a good year.

Time will tell how accurate this is. Once the season starts I anticipate a lot of up and down movement from most of these teams. Next top 10 will be week 1 of the season, good luck everyone![/quote]

i have to disagree with these...
Mcadam won't be a offensive force with only Brandon Moffitt..
JMA lost to Grand Manan in Grand Manan's Centinnal Tournament.
Campobello only has Tyler Howlett, and a good JV player
Grand Manan I would have to put sixth with a lot of players returning and Jordan Green.
Everyone will see when my prediction comes true when November Rolls around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4



Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:02 pm

i have to disagree with petitcodiac even being on this list lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac



Posts : 250
Join date : 2009-11-24
Location : Moncton, NB

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:36 am

I would probably put Minto #7.

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Here is my preseason AA top 10, I've been doing this weekly top 10 for 3 years and it has been pretty accurate with the exception of the preseason, cuz let's face it, noone knows what the future will bring. This is my own personal opinion and it's based on the info that I have recieved about the teams thus far so don't flip out if you disagree.

1-Sugarloaf-The defending champs return their prime time players and are going to be a huge force. There is no over rating these guys anymore. They are without a doubt, the team to beat.

2-Devon Park-Many players are returning, and they are one of the best coached teams in the league. Size will continue to be their downfall, however, heart will be what seperates them from the pack.

3-Harvey-Continueing with the trend, lots of talent returning. Gordon Robinson could be an MVP candidate and they are tough and well coached.

4-Dalhousie-Not sure what to think yet about these guys, this is a tentative spot, might be over or under rated but time will tell, they will be tough though, that's for sure.

5-Central NB-Let the hating begin, this s not a high ranking for them. The Nighthawks return all but 2,yes 2 very key players, but the young guns have stepped up and will continue to do so all year long.Depth could be the key here.

6-McAdam-Probably the top player...but wheres the support? They'll find a way to win some big games but how far can they go?

7-JMA-Returning lots of players and out to prove that taking Sugarloaf into OT at regionals wasn't a fluke! They lost a great coach and those shoes could be hard to fill.

8-Campobello-Great starting core, new coach, but they lack depth. Could be very dangerous

9-Petitcodiac-Always stick around,great coach and always seem to be there in February.

10-Grand Manan-I kinda just threw them on here because they are due for a good year.

Time will tell how accurate this is. Once the season starts I anticipate a lot of up and down movement from most of these teams. Next top 10 will be week 1 of the season, good luck everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Webeballin



Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:40 pm

Rumor has it, Ryan Daye won't be coaching the V.boys this season.. with him I'd have them top 5, without...ah, they have the talent, whether they can get a good coach for this upcoming season?.. Maybe top 10..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Minto has to be on this list somewhere, same as Bellisle. Get Petty the hell outta there because they are not doing anything this year. I dont care who they have as a coach they have been lucky to do as well as they have last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm

1. Sugarloaf - Defending Champs. More kids playing more high level basketball in the offseason then any other team in AA. Someone beat them in a meaningful game then we'll put this spot up for negotiation.

2. Harvey - Probably the strongest team in the strongest top to bottom conference. Deep, strong, and they will defend. Generating offense may be an issue, but with everyone back a year older they will be a tough out.


3. Devon Park - They could easily be 2, but their lack of size and strength compared to Sugarloaf and Harvey specfically worries me. They will have offense to burn in jump shooters and slashers. Will they have any post game or be able to get big boards in big games when everyone is working hard. They'll outwork teams most nights, but when everyone is playing that hard I'm not sure they've got the size to make big plays on the boards.

4. DRHS - This is not going to be a popular pick and I'll admit they've lost some a lot of offensive punch. You can't tell me that playing AAA doesn't have the returning players at a higher speed/physicality then most AA schools. They will play a pretty soft AA schedule other than Sugarloaf to get them a 2nd spot and the rest of the year against sugarloaf and very tough AAA schools. I would not want to play them in Feb.

(5-7 I have a hard time picking this spot because I feel whoever finishes 2,3,4 in the south holds onto this spot. In fact I could make an argument for saying the 5th best team in the south might be better then other teams in the province. Though I don't think thats fair since only 4 of them will make the first round of the playoffs and other teams will go further. So these three could shake out anyway at all.)

5 McAdam - Returning role players, best scoring threat in AA, you have to play at Mcadam at some point. Can their key player(s?) spend an entire year healthy and playing big minutes as they are needed?

6. Fundy - Long and athletic. Coaching will be a question mark but they will be running 10+ athletes at teams all night. Discipline to beat to the big teams?

7. GM - Athletic and skilled. They will play hard for 40 minutes with colid coaching. Where the offense will consistently come from in the half court and bench depth after 7-8 will be an issue. May be better than this but based on Midget results and an excess of hype the last couple of years, they'll have to show me first.

8. JMA - Plenty returning from the team that gave Sugarloaf a scare last year, but lost a huge piece in their coach. Softer eastern schedule may cost them in the end.

9. Central NB - They won some games last year, they added more bodies to their program. I'm not sure they'll set the world on fire but they'll be right there.

10. Minto/Bellisle - I don't know enough about either of these teams but one of these two has to be the next best easern squad.

** I didn't mention Campobello or RNS but both could be as good as at least
6/7 through 10 on the list if they can win some big games. Still need to see the proof though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Well done Boas. I am very sure Harvey will do well this year and also as sure that McAdam will want to do well but will be challenged to compete deep into the season. GM will probably not want to spend the ferry toll seing as the conservatives promised to axe the fee if the locals elected their gal, but no they voted in a liberal. Good work on the predictions.
Back to top Go down
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:41 am

scorekeep wrote:
Well done Boas. I am very sure Harvey will do well this year and also as sure that McAdam will want to do well but will be challenged to compete deep into the season. GM will probably not want to spend the ferry toll seing as the conservatives promised to axe the fee if the locals elected their gal, but no they voted in a liberal. Good work on the predictions.

What does that have anything to do with the skill of basketball? We have paid for the boat for many years, it doesn't affect how we play basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Hey Baller just saying it would not hurt so bad if the boat were free. Kinda like getting an extra McNugget when you ordered the filet O fish.
Back to top Go down
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Great to see the forum generating some buzz! The season is fastly approaching!

Minto may be on this list, and may very well deserve to be on it now, but I don't think they will be much to worry about, but hey I've been wrong before!
Petitcodiac will be better than most think, they have a way of sliding under the radar. Belleisle had a good run last year but I don't see any noise from them this year, they are not physical enough. I love how every year noone really knows what to expect, thats why I love this game!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:28 pm

scorekeep wrote:
Hey Baller just saying it would not hurt so bad if the boat were free. Kinda like getting an extra McNugget when you ordered the filet O fish.

haha.. sorry.. im excited for the season!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4



Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Great to see the forum generating some buzz! The season is fastly approaching!

Minto may be on this list, and may very well deserve to be on it now, but I don't think they will be much to worry about, but hey I've been wrong before!
Petitcodiac will be better than most think, they have a way of sliding under the radar. Belleisle had a good run last year but I don't see any noise from them this year, they are not physical enough. I love how every year noone really knows what to expect, thats why I love this game!!!

belleisle only lost one player...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baller001



Posts : 94
Join date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Great to see the forum generating some buzz! The season is fastly approaching!


Belleisle had a good run last year but I don't see any noise from them this year, they are not physical enough. I love how every year noone really knows what to expect, thats why I love this game!!!

Bellisle is one of the most physical teams in AA. They have a couple big bodies, how do you think they ever won games? They faught for tough second chance points and rebounded the ball well defensively. They sure as hell didnt win from there execution, athleticism or skill. Being physical and hustling is all they have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skillz



Posts : 2
Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 pm

I think that Campobello is underrated in this forum. Looks like they have a lot to prove. I also think that it is funny that everyone thinks that Grand Manan is going to have a good team this year. They were nothing last year and they did not even gain anyone, why will they be anything special this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4



Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:50 pm

how does everyone predict each conference will finish?[list=1][*]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:33 am

Here are my conference predictions...

East
JMA
Minto
Petitcodiac
Belleisle

noone else really seems to be ready to take on these 4, Caledonia and Bonar Law always seem to put together a few wins, they may squeak in you never know.Not sure how Cambridge Narrows will be this year, anyone know?

North
Sugarloaf
Dalhousie
Central NB Academy
Stanley

Same as the East here I believe the representative from the NE will be one of the top 3 teams in this conference at Harbour Station.As far as the 4th team I'd say Stanley is it, but Blackville could surprise. ECB lost too much to be here again I think and noone else improved much.

South
Harvey
McAdam
Campobello
Grand Manan
Fundy
RNS

This conference seems to be generating the most buzz and I believe for good reason, seems like this is the most evenly skilled division this year and any of the 6 teams above could possibly get to regionals, though I believe the top 4 teams above will be there in the end.

West
Devon Park
Southern Vic
Hartland
Canterbury
John Caldwell
Nackawic

Devon Park should run away with this conference. After that, who knows I've always found this division to be the hardest to predict, and I honestly dont know much about anyone other than Devon Park.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4



Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Here are my conference predictions...

East
JMA
Minto
Petitcodiac
Belleisle

noone else really seems to be ready to take on these 4, Caledonia and Bonar Law always seem to put together a few wins, they may squeak in you never know.Not sure how Cambridge Narrows will be this year, anyone know?

North
Sugarloaf
Dalhousie
Central NB Academy
Stanley

Same as the East here I believe the representative from the NE will be one of the top 3 teams in this conference at Harbour Station.As far as the 4th team I'd say Stanley is it, but Blackville could surprise. ECB lost too much to be here again I think and noone else improved much.

South
Harvey
McAdam
Campobello
Grand Manan
Fundy
RNS

This conference seems to be generating the most buzz and I believe for good reason, seems like this is the most evenly skilled division this year and any of the 6 teams above could possibly get to regionals, though I believe the top 4 teams above will be there in the end.

West
Devon Park
Southern Vic
Hartland
Canterbury
John Caldwell
Nackawic

Devon Park should run away with this conference. After that, who knows I've always found this division to be the hardest to predict, and I honestly dont know much about anyone other than Devon Park.


most of these predictions are pretty spot on. cambridge wont do a whole lot this year without brad hovey but i'd almost put them ahead of petitcodiac. i dont think peti will make regionals this year. i think caladonia will put together a decent enough team to take 4th in the east. its hard to predict the top 3 teams in the east. jma minto and belleisle are all capable of being at the very top of the division.

sugarloaf will definately be first in the north. i dont know really where to place dalhousie or central nb acadamy they could both go either way. 4th in the north will definately be a toss up.

as much as i would like to say mcadam will be at the top of this conference they wont. isnt harvey returning all of their starters? they will definately be first followed by mcadam. 3rd and 4th will be a race between campo, fundy and GM. RNS is mostly hype in my opinion and wont do as much as people think.

i dont know much about the west but devon park will run away with it, no questions asked. this is the most unevenly matched conference in my opinion. southern vic and DP are really the only competition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas



Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am

Harvey has their whole team back from last year and have also picked up an excellent player. He is a Chinese exchange student and will be one of their top players. Excellent ball handler, etc. There is just one problem...the exchange students are only at their school for first semester so he won't be available for regionals, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

So the season is under way, one AA game anyway, and Sugarloaf blew out Dalhousie, there are a few games this weekend, Devon Park and Caledonia will both have games this weekend, Dewvon Park plays Tobique Valley and FHS EX while Caledonia plays Odysse and JMA, also there is a tournament in Hartland,McAdam S.Vic and Harvey will be the other AA teams present while there will also be the conclusion of the BHS tournament. What a great way to start the new season!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 pm

couple scores to post, Caledonia beat L'odysse 49-39 Devon Park beat Tobique Valley aswell, I will not post that score...Anyone have any results from Hartland?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

sugarloaf beats St Malachys by 30 plus, Dalhousie beats JMH by 13, BHS plays Sugarloaf tomorrow in the final
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 am

ECB beats Blackville 77-57 exhibition game.

Anyone know whats happening in Hartland???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas



Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:53 am

Woodstock and McAdam are in the 3pm final in Hartland. McAdam beat Harvey in their semi 68-34!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:58 pm

WOW!!!! looks like McAdam might b underrated!!! Any other results from that tournament?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Today at 6:40 am

Back to top Go down
 
Top 10 2010-11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB
» 2010 Junior Rimrocker Participants
» Corazon Classic Match 2010 ~
» YNWA's Latest Addition (20 March 2010)
» UFC 2010 - Fighter Stats Update

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: