HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Top 10 2010-11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 am

Central NB beat Blackville by 40, Jarred Peterson dunks again! Devon Park beat Nackawic by an ungodly amount, I will not post the score but I think this was a little crazy! Minto beat Bonar Law, Justin Corey drops 41...again! These are the scores from last night with 3 scores not posted yet from other games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 am

Petti beat Cambridge Narrows by 20 and Hartland beat Southern Vic by 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:39 am

Boas 98-02 wrote:
Central NB beat Blackville by 40, Jarred Peterson dunks again! Devon Park beat Nackawic by an ungodly amount, I will not post the score but I think this was a little crazy! Minto beat Bonar Law, Justin Corey drops 41...again! These are the scores from last night with 3 scores not posted yet from other games.

I just read the score from the Devon Park game as follows:

DPCS 156 Nackawic 26.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Games like this seem more common to me in the last few years, but I've got no evidence to support that.

The reall issue as I see it is that the game is not like it was. Shot clock reductions, time to cross half, elite development models, etc. have all created a game where the majority of the best teams have attack and create type players at a lot of positions. IF these teams "slow down and work the ball around" as some people would emplore in a game like this then their players aren't working on the proper reads. In most cases it is made worse by the lack of team defense so they are constantly passing up the right option for the wrong read if they do not take the 1 on 1 read they are given.

The pace these teams play at and the types of read and react/ motion offense the top teams employ require even their bench kids to play this way in order to practice the skills they want.

Now this may sound like a cop out but telling a kid or team they can't do what they are supposed to because they put in more time then someone else doesn't ring true to me either. I'm a proponent of sportsmanship and trying to manage these games but there is only so much anyone can do and still try to make it a useful outing for their kids.

My question is do the schools that wanted to travel less and avoid interlocked schedules feel better about these blowouts where you play a powerhouse neighbour but every gets home sooner afterwards?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24



Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm

These games are bad for everyone. Nobody likes beating teams by that much. But...you can not tell your team to stop playing, this is when injuries occur and bad habits are formed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking



Posts : 40
Join date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 pm

As long as players 7 to 12 are playing in this game, there is no need for the starting five to be playing in this game after a 20pt lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR



Posts : 736
Join date : 2010-01-22
Location : Southern NB

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Twisted Evil Unless a twenty point lead is what you are going to have in 1/2 of your schedule since you are 30 points better than everyone in your conference and have 12-14 conference games. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball



Posts : 93
Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:10 pm

harvey over carleton north last night
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4



Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:11 pm

JMA @ Belleisle tonight. should be a close and exciting game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf



Posts : 62
Join date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Witness23 wrote:
So Baller, you are saying you play for GM?

No I am not a player from Grand Manan.. I am actually an ex Breaker if you would like to know.
who are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7



Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Witness23 wrote:
So Baller, you are saying you play for GM?

No I am not a player from Grand Manan.. I am actually an ex Breaker if you would like to know.
who are you?


I know a kid from gm. goofy little kid named not telling


Last edited by dinkydoo7 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:44 pm

probably not a good idea trying to call out people by their real name on here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breaker-96-99



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Rudas wrote:
Fro my perspective baller 2010-11 the game was a little chippy bordering on dirty sometimes. The refs did a very good job. The Grand Manan boys feed off of their new coach John Guptill who can be quite animated at times. Not sure who the asst is but he gets even more agitated on the bench which gets the players the same. They have some outside shooters but nothing inside. Not 100% who Jordan Green is but if it's the kid who moved up from JV last year I'm not sure why someone insists he be in the top ten players in the province. Moffitt was mauled most of the game but still sunk 40. He better get used to it because every team knows the warriors offense goes through him and they'll be coming after him hard.

The ast coaches 'agitation' was with the players complaining about the officiating, instead of letting the head coach handle it. BTW this game wasn't even close to dirty. A few of the kids were excited and too aggressive but bordering on dirty? come on, it was a little rough, maybe. I agree though, that refs had a tough game to call, and did the best that they could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breaker-96-99



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:54 pm

HS11-13 wrote:
Ball Player 06/08-10 wrote:
Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Rudas wrote:
I was there baller 2010-2011, what do you want to know?

how was the game?

was a very good game. There was one or two calls by the refs that were questionable but that is expected. The team has always been a hot headed team so when a call goes the other way when it's debatable the team gets real hot. Usually when that happens you can expect a loss from GM. But the game was great, very fun to watch. Jordan got off to a hot start and Zach Pothier(who came off the bench but probably should have started) played a solid first game in sr. I would watch this team as they haven't really had a full team practice yet.
Haven't had a full team practice they have been on here saying they have been practicing since late October

it's true, the first half of November (prime time for practice) is usually a write-off with lobster fishing just starting, both coaches are fishing, many of the parents of the players require extra hands the first couple of weeks as well, and the players need extra cash to pay for the expenses that pile up over the course of the Bball season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Caledonia beat MFR this week by about 40.

This weekend we have the Valhalla, the teams participating are Devon Park, southern Vic, Harvey, Carleton North,Ft.Fairfield(maine) and St.Stephen, should be quite a tournament, I will post scores as they come in. I predict a Harvey vs Devon Park final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:23 pm

dinkydoo7 wrote:
Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Witness23 wrote:
So Baller, you are saying you play for GM?

No I am not a player from Grand Manan.. I am actually an ex Breaker if you would like to know.
who are you?


I know a kid from gm. goofy little kid named not telling

Now that's funny lol, not sarcastic this time lol, that's quite witty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7



Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
dinkydoo7 wrote:
Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Witness23 wrote:
So Baller, you are saying you play for GM?

No I am not a player from Grand Manan.. I am actually an ex Breaker if you would like to know.
who are you?


I know a kid from gm. goofy little kid named not telling

Now that's funny lol, not sarcastic this time lol, that's quite witty

thanks bud. im glad you keep giving me compliments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm at work and i actually laughed out loud haha Very Happy

whats ur prediction for CNB @ Dalhousie and Grand Manan and Campobello dinkydoo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24



Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 pm

Hey Boas 98-02, you forgot one team at the Valhalla. Tobique!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24



Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Sorry Boas 98-02, I am assuming you are talking the boys side. My appologies. I was thinking girls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02



Posts : 443
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm

yep i only follow the mens side baller24.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7



Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
I'm at work and i actually laughed out loud haha Very Happy

whats ur prediction for CNB @ Dalhousie and Grand Manan and Campobello dinkydoo?

It could be a tight game. from what i hear Grand Manan has some things to be worked out and campobello has a short bench with basically two key players from a scoring standpoint. with a loss to harvey you have to think campobello is a 20 point under team against grand manan because of how they kept up with mcadam. considering mcadam beat harvey by 30 but i dont know the whole story behind that. but at the same time with the things Grand manan has to work on it could be a good game to watch. I'd say its anywhere in the 10 point range. i wont give the papers anything to quote so i wont say a winner Razz

as for cnb and dal. i dont know much about the north teams but i hear they are getting stronger. if this were proline i would be taking the favored team in dal just to make me some money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Breaker-96-99



Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 pm

dinkydoo7 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:
I'm at work and i actually laughed out loud haha Very Happy

whats ur prediction for CNB @ Dalhousie and Grand Manan and Campobello dinkydoo?

It could be a tight game. from what i hear Grand Manan has some things to be worked out and campobello has a short bench with basically two key players from a scoring standpoint. with a loss to harvey you have to think campobello is a 20 point under team against grand manan because of how they kept up with mcadam. considering mcadam beat harvey by 30 but i dont know the whole story behind that. but at the same time with the things Grand manan has to work on it could be a good game to watch. I'd say its anywhere in the 10 point range. i wont give the papers anything to quote so i wont say a winner Razz

as for cnb and dal. i dont know much about the north teams but i hear they are getting stronger. if this were proline i would be taking the favored team in dal just to make me some money.

Hey Dinky

where are you getting your insider info? are you Martha Stewart? lol j/k
I ain't sleeping on Campo either, should be good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7



Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Breaker-96-99 wrote:
dinkydoo7 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:
I'm at work and i actually laughed out loud haha Very Happy

whats ur prediction for CNB @ Dalhousie and Grand Manan and Campobello dinkydoo?

It could be a tight game. from what i hear Grand Manan has some things to be worked out and campobello has a short bench with basically two key players from a scoring standpoint. with a loss to harvey you have to think campobello is a 20 point under team against grand manan because of how they kept up with mcadam. considering mcadam beat harvey by 30 but i dont know the whole story behind that. but at the same time with the things Grand manan has to work on it could be a good game to watch. I'd say its anywhere in the 10 point range. i wont give the papers anything to quote so i wont say a winner Razz

as for cnb and dal. i dont know much about the north teams but i hear they are getting stronger. if this were proline i would be taking the favored team in dal just to make me some money.

Hey Dinky

where are you getting your insider info? are you Martha Stewart? lol j/k
I ain't sleeping on Campo either, should be good


Im taking the same approach coach belichick takes. i have cameras at every practice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess



Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Sugarloaf beat Dalhousie lastnight 107 - 59, Dalhousie led the first quater 28-23 then sugarloaf had a 34 point second quater to Dalhousies 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 10 2010-11   Today at 4:45 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Top 10 2010-11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB
» 2010 Junior Rimrocker Participants
» Corazon Classic Match 2010 ~
» YNWA's Latest Addition (20 March 2010)
» UFC 2010 - Fighter Stats Update

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: New Brunswick-
Jump to: