HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

If Harvey had...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:14 pm

any coaching whatsoever, they might play Sugarloaf at Harbour Station....but that most likely won't happen.

I haven't been here for awhlie...did ya miss me?? I know - not bloody likely.

Here is the Tier system Alberta uses - just thought it was interesting...

Tier I - 1250+

Tier II - 750-1250

Tier III - 450-749

Tier IIII - 449 or less....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:10 pm

whats the sense of ripping on harvey's coach....?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pastprimetime

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:18 pm

jballer8 look at who wrote the message and take it for what it is worth, wait I WILL CHECK THE CUSHIONS ON MY COUCH AND LET YOU KNOW THE VALUE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 pm

lol that is true. he's just mad grand manan will lose to harvey Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:41 am

I don't really care for ripping on people on here either, not what this is for, also don't care to hear about the tierng system anymore either, this is what we have, deal with it. If anything changes then adapt with the changes. It's time to move on and start supporting our communities not trying to tear them down!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 am

Wow some real strong words from the islander. Seems to me that over the years Harvey has regularly competed at a very high level. Taking kids from a small rural community and putting teams on the floor that can play with anybody; I would suggest that these facts would contracdict the comments regarding poor coaching.

Having said that I have witnessed a certain group of fans that likes to travel with the team and they do not exemplify the values promoted by the program.
Back to top Go down
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 pm

I don't think anyone needs to "rip" on people. Answer on the court or don't answer at all. That being said if people want to evaluate particular teams or players or coaches, so long as it is about basketball and not personal they should be able to.

No one wants to hear about the tiering system, but that doesn't mean its going away. I really don't care what the divisions are, I would just like to know that they will be the same more than a year or two in a row so people can make decisions at a program level.

Harvey will be fine.

That is all for now . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Im a Grand Mananer myself, Harvey is a banner contender this year not grand manan. sorry to give it to the hometown its been a slight slide the past few years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Obviously, you haven't been around enough.... I just hope he has changed his ways.

Ya, it really upsets me that Harvey is better than GM.....like I said I call a spade a spade, and hope the best team wins. And Harvey will be good this year...
they should win the South.

Unlike you Boas - I don't 'promote' my team in every thread like you do. You are tired of hearing about the tier system, well I am tired of listening about the Boas, or NB Central Academy or whatever they are called...a team that has NEVER done anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:48 pm

CharlotteCountyBall wrote:
Im a Grand Mananer myself, Harvey is a banner contender this year not grand manan. sorry to give it to the hometown its been a slight slide the past few years.

how do you know Grand Manan isnt a championship contender?? maybe a under dog?? you don;t have very much faith in ur team??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 am

GM will want to get that extra McNugget we have been talking about to lessen the pain from the ferry toll.
Back to top Go down
celts4

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:46 am

now now guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.... no matter how retarded it may be lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:46 am

HAHA good one Breaker...now let me go polish my 3 Breaker tip off tournament championship trophies....NAH not worth the time...I do promote my team because they are a great group of kids that love playing ball if you don't want to read it then please do everyone a favour and take your negative attitude and leave like u promised you would last year, trust me NOONE would miss your snarky idiotic comments.BTW we won 4 boys banners at midget and juvenile levels, not the level of banners Grand Manan has won, but we are proud of what we have accomplished over the years, regardless of how many championships we have won. You should try a little positivity, I know its hard being from Grand Manan and all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
HAHA good one Breaker...now let me go polish my 3 Breaker tip off tournament championship trophies....NAH not worth the time...I do promote my team because they are a great group of kids that love playing ball if you don't want to read it then please do everyone a favour and take your negative attitude and leave like u promised you would last year, trust me NOONE would miss your snarky idiotic comments.BTW we won 4 boys banners at midget and juvenile levels, not the level of banners Grand Manan has won, but we are proud of what we have accomplished over the years, regardless of how many championships we have won. You should try a little positivity, I know its hard being from Grand Manan and all...

hey bud , how about you dont bash on grand manan? he doesnt even live on Grand Manan anymore , so dont say anything..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chevy

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:57 am

If i remember right Harvey won their last midgit title with players from Mcadam also, and without them i don't think they could have beaten Fundy in the final.Grandmanan was severly short benched 8 players maybe.This is going to be a real interesting senior year of ball.Fundy and Grandmanan didn't take players from any other schools.This senior year won't be a cakewalk for Harvey like some may think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:25 am

no disrespect to Grand manan just a certain moron from there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ForceHimLeft

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:

Obviously, you haven't been around enough.... I just hope he has changed his ways.

Ya, it really upsets me that Harvey is better than GM.....like I said I call a spade a spade, and hope the best team wins. And Harvey will be good this year...
they should win the South.

Unlike you Boas - I don't 'promote' my team in every thread like you do. You are tired of hearing about the tier system, well I am tired of listening about the Boas, or NB Central Academy or whatever they are called...a team that has NEVER done anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 am

love the pic lol, just to clarify, I have nothing against Grand Manan I vacation there a lot, I was just trying to get under Breaker's skin, but I'm done with that, not worth the time, nothing a simple block user can't fix. I'm excited for things to start, some games comin up in a week or so!!! There looks like there are some great tourney's comin up this year, I can't wait to watch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
defence.

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:59 pm

well.. lets use a little maturity (:
nobody should be bashing on other peoples coaches or teams.
it may or may not be true, but we have to face the facts.
harvey is a very strong contender this year.. be prepared.
and im deffinatly NOT saying that Grand Manan isnt either because they also gained some competitive juniors from last year and also still have the remianing grade twelves.
Grand Manan vs. Harvey should be a good game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:01 pm

lakers1012 wrote:
well.. lets use a little maturity (:
nobody should be bashing on other peoples coaches or teams.
it may or may not be true, but we have to face the facts.
harvey is a very strong contender this year.. be prepared.
and im deffinatly NOT saying that Grand Manan isnt either because they also gained some competitive juniors from last year and also still have the remianing grade twelves.
Grand Manan vs. Harvey should be a good game!

it shall be a good game.. i didn't bash harvey.. harvey will be one of the toughest battles this year for sure!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
defence.

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:04 pm

well said baller (: im glad we agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:06 pm

lakers1012 wrote:
well said baller (: im glad we agree.

Harvey is a very strong team with Gordon , Thomas, and Ryker..
Gm is very quick this year i believe.. I am looking forward to these games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
defence.

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

yes, Gordon, Thomas and Ryker are really good but you cant forget there little shooting guard Jacob Wood. he has improved immensly!
Grand Manan is very quick yes but who are there big guys to stand up against the giants on harvey? rebounding would probably be a challenge for GM.. but who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

This will be Harveys best chance for a while, that being said, I don't know if they can handle McAdam. Moffit is a beast with a great supporting cast. GM will play everybody hard this year, a close 11 pt loss to McAdam this past weekend as an example. Some good talent in the North, gonna be earned by whoever it is. I understand the Macmullin rant, I don't even disagree entirely, but I will leave it at that. I will leave the bashing for when it is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Campo02

PostSubject: BOX THEM OUT   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 pm

It should be noted that a players height can be completely negated by a good strong box out. So if Grand Manan learns to put a body on Harveys "giants" (not saying the aren't big, just haven't seen them) then there is no reason they can't out rebound them. Maybe a Charles Barkley rebounding tape at practice???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Harvey had...   Today at 4:36 am

Back to top Go down

If Harvey had...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1