HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cochrane Cobras

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lebron06

PostSubject: Cochrane Cobras   Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 pm

3A provincial champs?? Are stacked with perimeter players like Kellen Forrest Ben Lawrence and Cooper Hamaliuk!! not to mention big guys Josh Perrault and Marc Nzojibwami.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earlmanigalt

PostSubject: Re: Cochrane Cobras   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 am

They have a good chance. But their division is usually the toughest in the province. I know Bert Church is tough every year but they usually play 4A. Chestermere looked good last year and they have a great guard and some height. Springbank was huge (like 5-6 really tall guys) last year and most of those guys are back for their grade 12 year. Louis St. laurent in Edmonton is usually a tough team as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basketballfan101

PostSubject: Re: Cochrane Cobras   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:39 am

There will be alot of even teams this year in 3a boys basketball. After watching provincials last year I would like to point out one team that impressed me and that should be watched out for. The wetaskiwin boys team who placed silver at provincials have 8 returning players, 5 of them whom started last year. They are one of my bets to take the 3a championship. Cochrane should take a run at it because of very good guards in Cooper and kellyn, but other than that we will have to wait and see what other competition there is this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballspirit

PostSubject: Re: Cochrane Cobras   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:28 am

LSL is not even playing in the Premier Conf this year and will not be as strong as past years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cochrane Cobras   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Watch out for Cochrane this year and probably for the next few years. These guys played top level spring league and some U17 tournaments with guys in grade 9 and they not only competed but they won a lot of games against some good teams. I saw them play that UofL U17 spring league team at par at the sheep river shootout and then they beat our U17 guys by 30 the next night. Lots of size and I didn't see any of the guys mentioned here even playing for them.

I don't know who they are all but they all go to the same school, play together all year and probably run the same systems all year. They'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cochrane Cobras   Today at 9:02 pm

Back to top Go down

Cochrane Cobras
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1