HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bruce

PostSubject: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

Who are some players with potential to dominate in this upcoming season ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Elijah Hillis-Gold at South Kamloops
Chase Ruttenberg at Sentinel
Mark Yorath at SMU
Jordan Rich at Pitt Meadows
Montel Lindgren at Duchess Park

Just to name a few, and looking at the U15 prov teams is always a good place to start: http://edp.basketball.bc.ca/index.php/2010-provincial-teams/2010-u15-boys-red

http://edp.basketball.bc.ca/index.php/2010-provincial-teams/2010-u15-boys-blue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Id just take the Drive elite team and the BC blue roster lists and easily form a top 30 .

Last edited by coach b on Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:48 pm

coach b wrote:
Ive heard the drive program is equally strong and also a great source ?

Coach B, I m sincerely hoping that you aren't feigning ignorance here since you had taken the top players of drive(gr9) and posted elsewhere in this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Two other top Grade ten players... thats if they do not play up!

Sasha Kosmajac

Andrew McCaskill

Well the fact remains that Drive is producing top level players! Other clubs are too but not at the rate Drive is! I do not know why people are so against Drive? They offer the kids a place to play and get better. I thing it is starting show with the players in these post!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:31 pm

It would be a real shame if these posts had been created to promote Drive as opposed to just getting some kids recognition for their hard work and talent.

The provincial teams, from what I can see, are stronger; however, Drive is definitely second in the province and coming up fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 pm

BB fanatic wrote:

Sasha Kosmajac

Andrew McCaskill

Well the fact remains that Drive is producing top level players! Other clubs are too but not at the rate Drive is! I do not know why people are so against Drive? They offer the kids a place to play and get better. I thing it is starting show with the players in these post!

Sasha Kosmajac of Churchill is not one of the top players in the province. Almost all of the best players can be found on the Drive Elite team or Basketball BC Blue team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Top 10 :
Jamie Madewan
Luka Z
Chase Ruttenburg
Deklan Chung
Luka Petkovic
Montell Lindgren
Gogy Kumanan
Tylon Barker
Andrew Mccaskill
Glen Morgan

Other notables : Tom campbell , Rajiv Dhaliwal , Gurkirit Kular , Jesse Mushiana , Alban Shala , Sasha K

Last edited by 3Dbball on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 pm

3Dbball wrote:
Top 10 :
Jamie Madewan
Luka Z
Chase Ruttenburg
Deklan Chung
Luka Petkovic
Montell Lindgren
Gogy Kumanan
Tylon Barker
Andrew Mccaskill
Glen Morgan

Other notables : Tom campbell , Rajiv Dhaliwal , Gurkirit Kular , Jesse Mushiana , Alban Shala ,

How do Andrew, Rajiv and Alban get mention when Brad Hoffman, Gio Trasolini, David Majstorovic and Mat Hampton don't. I also think Tom is being underrated here he is better than Andrew (no offense to him is a fantastic player and athlete) and arguably others on this list. Give credit where it's due.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:31 am

My mistake with matt hampton yes hes good enough to be on the list for sure . Tom from what ive seen and heard is a selfish player and when hes not on the floor Kitsalano is at its best . Alban and Andrew are both the heart and soul of there respective teams wich is why they are included . Gio trasolini and David M have already maxed out and arent comparable with Luka and Tylon .

Last edited by 3Dbball on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:09 am

[quote="BBaller"]
3Dbball wrote:
Top 10 :

How do Andrew, Rajiv and Alban get mention when Brad Hoffman, Gio Trasolini, David Majstorovic and Mat Hampton don't. I also think Tom is being underrated here he is better than Andrew (no offense to him is a fantastic player and athlete) and arguably others on this list. Give credit where it's due.

BBaller,You are damn right. The guys you mentioned are studs and comparing them against Andrew, rajiv are totally short-sighted.. They dont play up for nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:44 pm

My Opinion, Top 10 Players:
Jamie Madewan
Luka Z
Luka P
Matthew Hampton
Chase R
Deklan Chung
Tylon Barker
Tom Campbell
Montell Lindgren
Trevor Casey

Honourable Mentions: Alban Shala, Paul Lim, Jordan Rich, Gogy Kumanan, Glen Morgan, Gurkirat Kular, Gio Trasolini, Mark Van Elk, Jesse Mushiana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:50 pm

BBaller wrote:
BB fanatic wrote:

Sasha Kosmajac

Andrew McCaskill

Sasha Kosmajac of Churchill is not one of the top players in the province. Almost all of the best players can be found on the Drive Elite team or Basketball BC Blue team.
Sasha's a solid player, definitely not a top 10 player, but one of the better players in BC to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:47 pm

jays wrote:
BBaller wrote:
BB fanatic wrote:

Sasha Kosmajac

Andrew McCaskill

Sasha's a solid player, definitely not a top 10 player, but one of the better players in BC to be honest.

I'm sure most of the players that know him would disagree. Tons of other players should get mentioned if Sasha is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancity baller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 am

[list][*][list=1][*]

Last edited by vancity baller on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Matt Waraich ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:01 pm

coach b wrote:
Matt Waraich ?
He's a solid point guard/shooting guard and is a great addition to Churchill, he's not a top player though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 pm

jays wrote:
coach b wrote:
Matt Waraich ?
He's a solid point guard/shooting guard and is a great addition to Churchill, he's not a top player though.

You can't say a player with no left hand, passing ability or court leadership is a solid point guard. He's a good sg or sf, nice 3 point range and can take it to the hoop well, but not a pg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 am

BBaller wrote:
jays wrote:
coach b wrote:
Matt Waraich ?

You can't say a player with no left hand, passing ability or court leadership is a solid point guard. He's a good sg or sf, nice 3 point range and can take it to the hoop well, but not a pg.
I've played with Matt a fair bit. He has a left hand and solid court vision, you obviously haven't seen him play recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 am

jays wrote:
BBaller wrote:
jays wrote:
coach b wrote:
Matt Waraich ?

I've played with Matt a fair bit. He has a left hand and solid court vision, you obviously haven't seen him play recently.

I'm curious as to who you are or where you have played with Matt, but I understand you probably want to keep this private so I'll leave that alone. Matt knows he has a weak left hand as do his coaches at drive, atleast weak in terms of a PG and maybe even SG. I really don't think it has gotten any better since I last saw him play a few months ago, but I could be wrong. Look you can't say Matt has good court vision, he can attack the hope and shoot well but he isn't a passer or a PG, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallerKing

PostSubject: Top Player.   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:19 pm

How about Amit Sandhu from Tamanawis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveNash13

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Who's willing to go out on limb and name THE BEST PLAYER IN THE PROVINCE??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:51 am

Jamie Madewan or Luka Z because they play two different positions so its hard to debate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 am

definitely jamie madewan. he is ranked 13th in Canada 2013 class, and also the only BC player that is ranked in this class. there was a site for all of this, but I forget.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:15 pm

He's 12th.
http://www.flagrantfouls.com/rankings/canadian/?y=2013
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Today at 4:36 am

Back to top Go down

Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next