HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Elijah from South Kamloops, who is playing senior, is one of the best, hardest working guards in the province. If he wasn't 5'9" he would have been on the Provincial Blue team this past summer instead of the Red team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 am

Notable players in Jr. this season are:

Tom Campbell & Justin Sze from Kits
Corey Hauck & Tristan Etienne from Mouat
Tyus Allen, Sam & Petter from WRCA
Jadon Cohee from Walnut Grove
Gogy Kumanan from VC
Matt Wuaraich & Mindy Minhas from Churchill
Jordan Rich and Sho Nashimoto from Pitt

Last edited by BBfun on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:18 am

BBfun wrote:

Gogy Kumanan from VC
Matt Wuaraich from Churchill

Where's Mindy? Vartan is better than Sam... You have Justin Sze on that last but no Mark or even Cole? You have to be joking, I could name 10 guards playing junior ball that would wipe the floor with Justin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 am

BBaller wrote:
BBfun wrote:

Gogy Kumanan from VC

Where's Mindy? Vartan is better than Sam... You have Justin Sze on that last but no Mark or even Cole? You have to be joking, I could name 10 guards playing junior ball that would wipe the floor with Justin.

relax bud, i suspect that is from corey's dad and his favorite players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:40 am

I don't think bbfun knows all the keys players for each of the teams. Mark and Cole defently deserve to be there and varton from WRCA is a key player for sure. But thankyou for naming other kids that deserve some recognition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:50 am

n

Last edited by BBfun on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 am

BBaller wrote:
BBfun wrote:

Gogy Kumanan from VC

True, but that is not what I saw in the Pitt Air Show, actually I haven't seen Justin getting ''wiped'' this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBfun

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:59 am

I'm just saying if you manage to stop any of these guys the team would probably lose that game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunkit29

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:08 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:
BBfun wrote:

Gogy Kumanan from VC

relax bud, i suspect that is from corey's dad and his favorite players.

JLivingston, you are wrong. that is not Corey's dad.
Tyus Allen is hands down the best guard out there and Mindy should definitely be on that list.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:26 pm

[JLivingston, you are wrong. that is not Corey's dad.
Tyus Allen is hands down the best guard out there and Mindy should definitely be on that list. [/quote]

You have to understand the agenda in his msg. Anyway, do not want to deflect the best player discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dunkit29

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 pm

JLivingston wrote:
[JLivingston, you are wrong. that is not Corey's dad.
Tyus Allen is hands down the best guard out there and Mindy should definitely be on that list.

It is him. You have to understand the agenda in his msg. Anyway, do not want to deflect the best player discussion.[/quote]

It is a good thing you aren't a betting man, you are wrong. I also don't see any hidden agenda in that message that you could come to that conclusion so quit the accusations. Most of the players listed are the best players/leaders on their teams and all the teams are top 10 teams so need to be mentioned. And NO, before you point fingers, I am not any of these kids dad. You are right, YOU should stick to the best player discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:37 pm

To be on this list is a good thing. But each of these players has there strengths and areas to there game that need work. Tom from Kits can take it to the hole, but is predictable and can be neutralized if you make him go left. Gogy is super quick, but needs to work on how he handles adversity during a game. Mindy is a stong player who needs to work with his teammates more to raise their game. Tyus is quick and looks to score but does not see the whole court and could use his teammates more to set them up for easy looks. Cory has potential, is a good shooter but will need to work on his quickness as he gets into sr. ball hopefully next year. Comparing Sam and Varton are difficult because they play different styles. Sam will take it to the basket, shares the ball well , rebounds strong and is a good defender. Varton is unselfish and shoots lights out, but he is not going to rebound, have a low post presence, and not quick on defence. Jordan is big and experienced, but needs to stay focused as he can get lazy at times throughout a game. I'm a big fan of Tristan who just needs to work on his strength as he can be pushed around with physical play that I don't think he really likes. Tons of potential with him as he is only Gr. 9. Needs to play Sr. with a strong Mouat team next year and hopefully he will try out for the U16 or u17 provincial team that will help his development more than another summer at Drive. Jadon is quick and plays without fear. All strong players with different areas of there game to develop. Its been a fun year of b-ball. I got to see some of these players at the Pitt Tourney and other games over the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 pm

Here are few more very good players who are in no way less skilled than discussed above:

Pavan lehal(gr10) - Tweed - Created havoc when he played whiterock and at Drive tourney
Andrew and Matt(gr10) - Mcmath - You got to see them to beleive their skills
Alban (gr9)- Burnet - Fantastic shooter and quick as lightening
Varun (gr9)- Walnut - slasher, pesky defender and works so hard on board
Luis and sebastin(gr10) - Pitt - More important to the team than those mentioned names
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: Quality Players   Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Some good posts here. Lots of excellent players to chose from. I do not know all of the players and am more familiar with the Drive players. Mindy certainly should be on the list and he seems to be the dominant individual player I have seen. Jadon is a lot more than just quick. He has high level skills and athletic ability and will be a top player through his high school career.

I hope many of the players end up playing for Basketball BC's provincial teams, since it is an honour to play for the province. I am not sure why there is a need to take petty shots at Drive or other quality programs. Drive provides an excellent program, they care about their players and they regularly produce many of the top players in the province and lower mainland. The best competition on the lower mainland is at Drive (and their travel program to the US is the most comprehensive). BBC is simply not able to sustain a regular, all-summer program at a high level because players come from all over the province. Rather than requiring players to choose, they should be encouraged to play with BBC and with their club teams.

I also think it would be helpful on this forum if people stopped using pseudonyms. If you have an opinion, you should stand behind it with your name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Some of these players are maybe hyped a bit too much. They’re good players in their own right but by no means do they carry their teams. If you look at a team like VC, it’s hard to imagine that one single player is responsible for its success. The same with Kits, as you can see they’re not doing too badly without Luka. How do you define a good player? The behind-the-back and the no-look pass? How about the guys that grind for their teams and play solid defense every game, don’t they deserve recognition? Ever heard of Best Defensive Player award? But you’d never see them as good players because you hardly notice them. How can you possibly criticize a player in grade nine who’s 6’7” tall and said he’s too soft? Well, he’s in grade nine! Give him couple of more years and he’ll be a stud. It’s good that you share your opinions on who are the good players because we don’t get to see all of them play. But let’s just leave it at that, no point arguing about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Scott

PostSubject: 1st Annual DRIVE "Future Stars Classic"   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 pm

I just saw this on the Drive Facebook page. It will be interesting to see who ends up playing....

"We are extremely excited to announce the 1st Annual DRIVE "Future Stars Classic" that will be held March 26th @ DRIVE in Richmond... The Event will feature (3) games, Top 20 Gr.8s, Gr.9s & Gr.10s... Full details including Sponsors, Nominee List, Coaches, Guest Speakers, Scholarships & Promo Poster Coming Soon... For nominations email info@drivebasketball.com..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach.carter

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:28 pm

jordan schmidt from MEI is a top ten player in the province. I believe he is playing senior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

who are some of the best role players? guys that aren't the flashiest but they get the job done, whether it be rebounding, diving on a loose ball, or stepping up in big games and filling the basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveNash13

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:13 am

Best dunker!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:30 pm

I beleive that this junior class is filled with tough hardworking players that play both ways of the floor and never quit and without them there teams would have a very difficult time , a few I have come across just to mention are as follows :
Liam - VC
Jalen-Tweeds
Nathan-Chruchill
Cole-Kits
Vartan-WRCA
Tyrell-Burnett
Josh-VC
Peter-Kelowna
Elijah-Kamloops(senior)
Andrew-Mcmath
Matt-Churchill
Alex-Carson Graham
Michael-Handsworth

Any names ive missed or suggestions on players also deserving some credit for there work ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:06 pm

I think that the rosters should be made after the provincials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 pm

coach b wrote:
I beleive that this junior class is filled with tough hardworking players that play both ways of the floor and never quit and without them there teams would have a very difficult time , a few I have come across just to mention are as follows :
Liam - VC
Jalen-Tweeds
Nathan-Chruchill
Cole-Kits
Vartan-WRCA
Tyrell-Burnett
Josh-VC
Peter-Kelowna
Elijah-Kamloops(senior)
Andrew-Mcmath
Matt-Churchill
Alex-Carson Graham
Michael-Handsworth

Any names ive missed or suggestions on players also deserving some credit for there work ?

From the Island:
Mark Yorath-SMUS
Matt Hampton-Oak Bay (playing senior)
Mason Lowen-Claremont

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:14 am

Are juniors who are playing senior allowed in this event? I think guys like Luka P, Luka Z, Jamie should be included. No? since it says top g10 players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 am

gotigers wrote:
Are juniors who are playing senior allowed in this event? I think guys like Luka P, Luka Z, Jamie should be included. No? since it says top g10 players

the whole idea of naming the top players is becoming a farce. Rather we should healthily confine the discussion to teams and its performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )   Today at 1:55 am

Back to top Go down

Top Grade 10 Players to keep an eye on this season ( Junior&Senior ball )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next