HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chongo

PostSubject: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:53 am

Just a shout out from the Soo, who are all the teams that are in the Senior tournament?

I want to see who are the teams to beat for the championship besides West Ferris and Chippewa in the North.

How many GTA teams are in the mix!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm

The teams entered in the Tomahawk are on chippewaraiders.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Schedule does not come up?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 am

Just went to see the schedule for the Tourney and the schedule tab does not work. If someone wants to post the schedule it would be most appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm

If the Anderson team is the one from the GTA, then I will pick them to win the tournament. GL Roberts will also be very tough to beat. I am not sure if the Northern team is the one from Toronto but if it is, they too will be in contention. St. Mary's, Cippewa, and Timmins are likely give these teams tough competition. Looks like a rather good tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:20 pm

You guys are over hyping chippewa. They will be ok but nothing great. They only have 8 players two of wich are grade 10 just to have bodies. Shawn Humphreys and Kris Faucon will be good but alot of holes for other teams to exploit.

They will do ok in North Bay 2nd or 3rd, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inside the lines

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:31 pm

the schedule pack is now working, the top end teams this weekend, will all have huge blowouts as usual on friday, by saturday the cream should rise to the top, Anderson will be the team to beat, GL Roberts is a strong AA team from Oshawa with Ofsaa on its mind, timmins will compete, but not to the extent they have in the past, unless they have new players from some place other than timmins, Twin Lakes from Orillia will be solid, they are fast, with depth, Collingwood always has a strong program, I would think St. Mary's, Huntsville and Chippewa will be competitive as well, but it would have been really nice to see West Ferris here, any idea why they are not?? Should be a good weekend to see where teams stand!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Timmins is always one of the best teams in the north and will compete. I can't see anyone but Anderson winning this on though and likely a GL Roberts vs Anderson final if the playoff format works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 am

coachc wrote:
Timmins is always one of the best teams in the north and will compete. I can't see anyone but Anderson winning this on though and likely a GL Roberts vs Anderson final if the playoff format works out.

I would have to agree. The best result at this tourney for a northern team should be a semi-final appearance and giving either Anderson or GL Roberts a good hard game. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline5

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:55 am

our team played Gl Roberts tough in the second game, but they won by 10 or so...GL then beat Timmins in a close game...they then lost to Collingwood by a couple..they seemed out of gas...I would like to know where they would be in AA now after beating Timmins...who beat West Ferris and St.Basils earlier this year..GL were also in the Midland tournament a week ago and had a 6'10 centre who seemed to have not made the trip this time.....I think our team Orillia may have a shot at getting to ofsaa as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: ESC Algonquin   Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:30 pm

You guys were right the best showing from a Northern team was a semi-final. Just nobody thought Algonquin from North Bay would be that team. I watch them play versus Huntsville and they dominated. read they gave Anderson a descent game in the semis. Better watch out for that team, there juniors were strong last couple of years. This might be their year to make some noise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline5

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 pm

wow I did not know algonquin played a great game...what were the results??? What was the finals score...also is Algonquin AA or AAA...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inside the lines

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 pm

algonquin is a single A school, they are alwasy competitive, well coached and work hard, they did play well against anderson, BUT when Anderson went up 20/25 pts, their stars came off and the young benched played lots of minutes. This happend every game that anderson played, get up big early and rest the starters, yes algonquin did work hard but like i said, it was mainly against the bench players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline5

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 pm

I found it funny a top gta team like anderson would even come to this tournament. If you look at all the top schools they seem to be heading to tournaments to play against each other or other top ofsaa calibre teams...any thoughts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inside the lines

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:41 pm

i think they head coach or junior coach once taught in north bay, this tournament also seemed to give their bench valuable in games minutes, not just running thru drills in practice. its seems like a break from the high intensity games they would be playing in the GTA were they only run with 7 maybe 8 guys, can't develop players sitting on the bench all year, they need their minutes too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Questioning your results   Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:20 am

sideline5 wrote:
our team played Gl Roberts tough in the second game, but they won by 10 or so...GL then beat Timmins in a close game...they then lost to Collingwood by a couple..they seemed out of gas...I would like to know where they would be in AA now after beating Timmins...who beat West Ferris and St.Basils earlier this year..GL were also in the Midland tournament a week ago and had a 6'10 centre who seemed to have not made the trip this time.....I think our team Orillia may have a shot at getting to ofsaa as well

At which tournament did Timmins beat both West Ferris and St. Basils? I know that Basils won the Laurentian Tourney where West Ferris and Timmins played!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sideline5

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 pm

I was talking to a couple timmins players during the tournament and they mentioned this...I havent seen these results, but I do know they beat St.Basils by 3...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: What tournament?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm

sideline5 wrote:
I was talking to a couple timmins players during the tournament and they mentioned this...I havent seen these results, but I do know they beat St.Basils by 3...

Which tournament are you talking about?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inside the lines

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Timmins beat West Ferris at the Kawartha Classic in Peterborough, not too sure about the St. Basil's game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theriaultballer12

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 am

if im not mistaken, one of my friends from THVS said they beat west ferris by 7 or so at the kawartha Classic in the finals, and at the Laurention tournament they had lost to St.basils by 4 in the quarters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month   Today at 4:37 am

Back to top Go down

Chippewa Tomahawk Tournament Next Month
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1