HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

lets hear some predictions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston



Posts : 214
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Coach G wrote:
lets hear some predictions!

There are so many posts under Junior Rankings. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 am

this is for vancouver district only
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35



Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Not much to predict.

Churchill, Kits, Lord Byng and Killarney are a very clear top 4. Last years final 4 will be the same this year. Probably with a Kits/Churchill final again. Churchill is a favourite this year with the loss of LuKa for Kits. Unlike alot of posters around here I don't see Churchill winning a provincial title. They're far too small. VC would beat them up....unless Nathan has grown...I read someone on this forum refer to him as a big man...he has the body of a small forward...

The rest of Vancouver is just at a lower level these are the only 4 teams that could beat top 20 teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Kits vs Churchill in the finals with Kits winning. Luka is playing grade 10, which makes me think Kits and VC will meet in the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston



Posts : 214
Join date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm

BBaller wrote:
Kits vs Churchill in the finals with Kits winning. Luka is playing grade 10, which makes me think Kits and VC will meet in the finals.
Isn't Luka playing up altho he is grade 10?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:30 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:
Kits vs Churchill in the finals with Kits winning. Luka is playing grade 10, which makes me think Kits and VC will meet in the finals.
Isn't Luka playing up altho he is grade 10?

The kid changes his mind too much but as of right now he is playing grade 10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35



Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:38 pm

More like his crazy junior coach and his greedy senior coach change his mind everyday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays



Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 pm

BBaller wrote:
JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:
Kits vs Churchill in the finals with Kits winning. Luka is playing grade 10, which makes me think Kits and VC will meet in the finals.
Isn't Luka playing up altho he is grade 10?

The kid changes his mind too much but as of right now he is playing grade 10.

Nope, he's playing senior. Churchill is the clear winner even with luka. Their starting line up's players are all 6 foot plus with the exception of Matt, size will not be a problem for Churchill. However, I do not see Churchill winning the provincial title either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:02 pm

jays wrote:
BBaller wrote:
JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:
Kits vs Churchill in the finals with Kits winning. Luka is playing grade 10, which makes me think Kits and VC will meet in the finals.
Isn't Luka playing up altho he is grade 10?

The kid changes his mind too much but as of right now he is playing grade 10.

Nope, he's playing senior. Churchill is the clear winner even with luka. Their starting line up's players are all 6 foot plus with the exception of Matt, size will not be a problem for Churchill. However, I do not see Churchill winning the provincial title either.

He's playing junior I talked to him about half an hour ago. Saying that Churchill is a clear winner is insane. If anything I would say Kits is the clear winner, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35



Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

I agree. Churchill is not a clear favourite. While they were finalists last year they only beat Killarney by a last min basket to win by 5. If I remember correctly they were 0-3 against Kits last year and not competitive the year before....they are all about Mindy and would not be in the top 4 without him.

That being said they've improved but not as much as has been hyped up on this forum.

Should be an interesting and competitive year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Have we forgotten about the east side teams? Teams like David Thompson , Tupper, and Windermere are all competitors. How can you forget those teams if you include Lord Byng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Coach G wrote:
Have we forgotten about the east side teams? Teams like David Thompson , Tupper, and Windermere are all competitors. How can you forget those teams if you include Lord Byng

None of them will make the finals for the city.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Well we know for sure that they wont WIN cities but they have a chance on going far in the playoffs. I know for a fact that atleast one of those teams can beat Lord Byng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Coach G wrote:
Well we know for sure that they wont WIN cities but they have a chance on going far in the playoffs. I know for a fact that atleast one of those teams can beat Lord Byng

I'm not argueing that, I just don't see any of these teams making top 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Well it has been proven that killarney is very beatable. Last season David Thompson lost to killarney by 6 points aswell as windermere and tupper. David Thompson looks great this season with two players who played on an outside team during the summer. There was Rahim playing on the East Van regional team and a long sf/pf with lots of range playing on Drive whos name I think is Canwar or Kanwar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 pm

Coach G wrote:
Well it has been proven that killarney is very beatable. Last season David Thompson lost to killarney by 6 points aswell as windermere and tupper. David Thompson looks great this season with two players who played on an outside team during the summer. There was Rahim playing on the East Van regional team and a long sf/pf with lots of range playing on Drive whos name I think is Canwar or Kanwar.

Yes, Kanwar and Rahim are good players and I can see them putting up a fight against Kilarney and even winning. I don't know enough about Windermere to voice an opinion but Tupper's junior squad is a weak one this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Really? Tupper usually has some great coaching staff but they dont have too many notable players. I didn't get a chance to see or hear about windermere but they finished pretty well on the standings. I think Kanwar can lead David Thompson to the semi's atleast or get David Thompson to first seed on the east side. Kitsilano and Churchill are most likely going to be in the finals in my opinion and David Thompson third and Killarney or Lord Byng 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller



Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Coach G wrote:
Really? Tupper usually has some great coaching staff but they dont have too many notable players. I didn't get a chance to see or hear about windermere but they finished pretty well on the standings. I think Kanwar can lead David Thompson to the semi's atleast or get David Thompson to first seed on the east side. Kitsilano and Churchill are most likely going to be in the finals in my opinion and David Thompson third and Killarney or Lord Byng 4th.

Tuppers best player is a shooter and a decent player. He's supposedly playing senior, but even if he isn't Tupper looks like a weak team this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 pm

How are the west side players other then the ones on kits and churchill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35



Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 pm

Coach G wrote:
Have we forgotten about the east side teams? Teams like David Thompson , Tupper, and Windermere are all competitors. How can you forget those teams if you include Lord Byng

Nice to hear that there will some competitive teams coming out of the east Coach G. For sure there will be some close games and maybe some upsets during the year and in the playoffs but Kits, Churchill, Killarney and Byng are likely the only teams from Vancouver that can compete with other top 20 teams with Kits and Churchill the only teams that have a chance to place in the top 5 provincially. I don't see the teams you listed beating teams like Oak Bay, SMU, VC, McMath,etc. But I'd bet that some of those east side teams will have some success against Point Grey and Magee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Always good to have a bit of arguement lol but I know that David Thompson can put a really close game against killarney and lord byng like it has been proven before. Windermere maybe not and Tupper i just realized that their best player is playing senior so definately not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35



Posts : 56
Join date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Then again hard to know with transfers etc....guess that's what the season is for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E



Posts : 68
Join date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh but I think that this year will be much much much more competitive because of Luka playing senior, Churchill getting some players, and East side teams getting better but i think that your overating lord byng wayyy too much cj lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays



Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm

I don't under stand what the purpose of arguing about who is going to be 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. in Vancouver. There's no competition and in the end its going to be the two obvious west side teams matching up in the finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down
 
vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Junior Boys Tournament - Feb 4 and 5, 2011 - Kemptville
» St. Pat's Junior Boys Basketball Kickoff Tournament
» Junior Boys Rankings Poll #1
» Junior Boys' Rankings
» St. Patrick's Irish Junior Boys Basketball Season Kickoff Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HoopLife Forums :: High School :: British Columbia :: BC Juniors-
Jump to: