HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 am

jays wrote:
I don't under stand what the purpose of arguing about who is going to be 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. in Vancouver. There's no competition and in the end its going to be the two obvious west side teams matching up in the finals.

You don't need to understand the purpose, it has nothing to do with you. If they want to hear each others opinions on the topic of the top 10 teams in Vancouver, why are you questioning them? Maybe it's not all about the best teams in the province, but just high school basketball in general.

In the end what's the purpose of argueing anything on this site, what does it matter? It matters because people want to discuss the topics and hear others opinions, regardless of how minor or major the topic at hand is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 am

Coach G wrote:
Oh but I think that this year will be much much much more competitive because of Luka playing senior, Churchill getting some players, and East side teams getting better but i think that your overating lord byng wayyy too much cj lol

Probably. I just saw them last year beat Oak Bay in Victoria by double digits. I don't think they have any great players or program though so I get what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jays

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 am

BBaller wrote:
jays wrote:
I don't under stand what the purpose of arguing about who is going to be 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. in Vancouver. There's no competition and in the end its going to be the two obvious west side teams matching up in the finals.

You don't need to understand the purpose, it has nothing to do with you. If they want to hear each others opinions on the topic of the top 10 teams in Vancouver, why are you questioning them? Maybe it's not all about the best teams in the province, but just high school basketball in general.

In the end what's the purpose of argueing anything on this site, what does it matter? It matters because people want to discuss the topics and hear others opinions, regardless of how minor or major the topic at hand is.

I have the right to question/input my opinion, so do others. I don't have a problem with it, it's just that a top 10 in Vancouver would be a weak 10 as most players transferred to a school with a better basketball program and that's my opinion. Thanks for respecting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:50 am

jays wrote:
BBaller wrote:
jays wrote:

I have the right to question/input my opinion, so do others. I don't have a problem with it, it's just that a top 10 in Vancouver would be a weak 10 as most players transferred to a school with a better basketball program and that's my opinion. Thanks for respecting it.

I only showed you no respect because I felt you were doing the same to we who were discussing the Vancouver teams. I appologize if I offended you but I really don't think your comment was needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 am

Kits/Churchill (Van #2) vs Saints (Ind #2) for provincial berth?

Any opinions out there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 am

I think its going to be Kits for sure in the finals and either Churchill , Killarney, Thompson, or Byng as other team in finals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 am

Didn't get to see much Juvenile Ball last year, besides the powerhouses Kits and Churchill. However I would like to know how Lord Byng is even considered a top 4 team in Vancouver when they lose to Hamber ? Did they get any new transfers ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:08 am

cj35 wrote:
Kits/Churchill (Van #2) vs Saints (Ind #2) for provincial berth?

Any opinions out there?

I believe it's Van #2 vs Ind #1 for the provincial berth. You think VC will beat Saints to be Ind #1?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
northshoreballer

PostSubject: last year i was watching a tournament at argyle and there was this player from britannia who was amazing there wasnt a thing he couldnt do i never found his name but i think he might be ibrahim brother so they might be a team to watch for in vancouver   Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Coach G wrote:
Have we forgotten about the east side teams? Teams like David Thompson , Tupper, and Windermere are all competitors. How can you forget those teams if you include Lord Byng
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:29 am

Brittania was not too great last year. They lack in size and they didn't have any notable players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancityhoops

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 pm

Coach G wrote:
Brittania was not too great last year. They lack in size and they didn't have any notable players.

even though brit had a bad grd 8 season they have two elite level guards to lead a team that is looking to turn some heads this coming season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vancityhoops

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm

[quote="Coach G"]Brittania was not too great last year. They lack in size and they didn't have any notable players.[/q

true, but they did have some good players
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm

the best team in vancouver is obvisously kits, even without Luka. Next to kits is churchill and nobody else has a chance.
Back to top Go down
Coach E

PostSubject: I didn't even see one good player on brit when i was watching them play a game against vancouver techinal   Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:34 pm

[quote="coachz"]
Coach G wrote:
Brittania was not too great last year. They lack in size and they didn't have any notable players.[/q

true, but they did have some good players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Brittannia came 5th last year in vancouver east alone.. i cant see them coming even close to even making the playoffs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:34 pm

[quote="Coach G"]Always good to have a bit of arguement lol but I know that David Thompson can put a really close game against killarney and lord byng like it has been proven before. Windermere maybe not and Tupper i just realized that their best player is playing senior so definately not.[/quote]

Tupper just beat DT by 24. Not sure DT will be a contender, cause Tupper isn't. Maybe that great player that DT has didn't play?

Do you know what happened Coach G?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:19 am

Yes I agree completely with you. That was a really bad game.. I was watching and was really surprised on how tupper performed. It was one of those games where one team plays terrible and the other plays amazing. That was the case. DT couldnt pass , shoot, dribble, or anything mainly because of all the pressure having to play their first game in front of the school. But i think that they will beat tupper next game but not by a lot because tupper really surprised me on being a great team. Tupper didn't have any notable players but had great teamwork.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Point grey beat david thompson yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:05 am

No they never I hear that DT won but isn't point grey a pretty decent team in the west? Kits is looking surprising many people by beating power house churchill in a nail biter this week without luka. Proves kits can do it without their best player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 am

Churchill beat Byng by 14. An ugly game. Both teams looked bad.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:07 am

kits beat point grey in another ugly game but Kits was missing two starters and only 8 players dressed. Point grey was suprisingly good they are very quick but have no outside shooting whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Do you know what the score was for kits and pg?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I can't remember the exact score but I think that it was something like 72-52. Kits struggled in thr first half but then un the third they got it going and widend there lead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznballer

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 am

any words on the teams that are going to make a run in the cities? now that its closer to playoffs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:28 pm

From the east I think Tupper and David thompson will suprise people, Killarny has lost a couple but they are always good

From the west, kits and Chruchill are the power houses, but look for lord byng and point grey to to make runs aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Today at 3:17 am

Back to top Go down

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next