HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

does anyone know what happend in the Lord byng vs churchill game on monday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Killarney, David Thompson, and Tupper are basically the only teams left on the East side after some transfers from Killarney. David Thompson beat Killarney a few days ago by around 10 and Tupper is yet to play them again. Killarney will most likely finish first in the East because of all the wins they had before the transfers. Tupper is also a great team but they most likely will not beat Killarney because of the size difference.

Kits and Churchill are nearly unmatched on the west. Teams like Byng and Point Grey will not be able to put a fight with them but will have some success on a few East side teams.

My predictions are in the East it will end up

Killarney
David Thompson
Tupper
?

In the West

Kits
Churchill
Lord Byng
Point Grey

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Hasn't brittania beat Killarny 60-58 aswell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:23 am

Churchill beat byng by 11, byng will do some damage come playoff time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:58 am

Yes brit did beat killarney by a basket or two. I just don't see Brit going far after they lost to windermere two times. Do they have any notable players or playing style?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Which players did Killarney lose?

They seem to have lost about 5 games since x mas????

Seems to have made the east wide open.

I noticed there have also been a couple of defaults this month as well....what's going in east van????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 am

killarney lost prov blue player jesse mushiana for the season as he and his family have moved to a different school
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:21 am

Wow. So much for Killarney. That's too bad for them.

Any clue which school he transferred to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Jesse Mushiana   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:50 am

This is based on the one game that I’ve watched. From an offensive stand point, the way Killarney had played it didn’t really matter if Jesse was there. Their guards hardly looked inside and gave Jesse the ball. Aside from getting the rebounds for them, he was running up and down the floor barely touching the ball. With a big man like him, you’d think Killarney would have more plays for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 pm

That is true Killarneys guards hardly passed him the ball so it wouldn't make too much of a difference if hes there or not. Now Killarney, DT, and Tupper all have a chance on getting first seed. From what I know all three of these teams had close games when they last played eachother. Tupper seemed the most hardworking, Killarney seemed the biggest, and David Thompson seemed the most skilled. Does anybody know about Britannia or any west side teams other then Kits and Churchill?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 pm

On the site it says Britannia has beat tupper once 61-53. They play again this coming wedsneday at tupper should be a great game. Are there only 4 births on each side that make it to the vancouver citys? The East looks pretty tight with Tupper 7-2, Brit 6-3, Kilarney 7-2 i believe. Brit is lead by a grade 9, i believe he is Osaro Obasekis brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Yes Windermere and DT are also included in this but they just dont have as many games played. Windermere beat Brit twice so I dont know about Brit being too successful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 am

I guess we will find out who will finish first in the east at the end but right now its anybody's except for Van Tech and Gladstone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Jesse leaving sure makes a big difference in the East.

I think there is a possibility of an all west semi final. For those players and coaches in the east note I am saying POSSIBLE. Not for sure, not dismissing anyone or any team. But.....

I give Point Grey a good chance of beating Tupper who I think has a chance to finish east 1. PG is well coached and disciplined and has a solid defensive game plan. They would have a better record if not for competing in what has to be one of the strongest divisions for juniors in BC with Chruchill, Kits and Byng. But that competition may give them the edge over Tupper

Byng should take Killarney

Chruchill and Kits will have starters off the floor by the 3rd quarter in thier first round games.

Sounds like Kits is playing like the #1 team in the province after teh Pitt Tourney.

My prediction a couple of weeks away from the City Championship is

1. Kits by double digits over Chruchill
2. Churchill who will lose to VC for the provinical berth
3. Byng
4. Point Grey

Best of luck to all teams!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:01 pm

I would not overlook byng as I watched their vs Kits today and although they lost by 17 they were in the game the whole way, they have some knock down shooters and have an above average zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Today Tupper and Killarney are playing at Killarney and on Friday DT is playing Brit at DT and are both very big games which will have a huge impact on the east. Last night Byng lost to Kits by 17, and DT beat Windermere by about 20. In the west its going to be Kits as first seed and Churchill as second seed in the west, both teams will win the first round game by double digits, Byng in 3rd who will have a close game against 2nd in east team, and Point Grey in 4th who in my opinion will lose by double digits in the first round. Killarney in first in East with an easy win over PG, DT 2nd in east with tough game with Byng, Tupper in 3rd and Brit in fourth who both lose by double digits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

I think the top four will be

1. Kits
2. Churchill
3. Byng
4. tupper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justdoit

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Coach E wrote:
Today Tupper and Killarney are playing at Killarney and on Friday DT is playing Brit at DT and are both very big games which will have a huge impact on the east. Last night Byng lost to Kits by 17, and DT beat Windermere by about 20. In the west its going to be Kits as first seed and Churchill as second seed in the west, both teams will win the first round game by double digits, Byng in 3rd who will have a close game against 2nd in east team, and Point Grey in 4th who in my opinion will lose by double digits in the first round. Killarney in first in East with an easy win over PG, DT 2nd in east with tough game with Byng, Tupper in 3rd and Brit in fourth who both lose by double digits.
PG is a decent team, however, their stats don't show it due to Kits, Churchill and byng being in their division. Especially now with Jesse out, I wouldn't be surprised if PG beat Killarney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Point Grey is well coached, have good defence, and they are a tough physical team. They were leading by 15 plus going into the 4th quater vs byng but ended losing by 1, they have always kept games with byng, churchill and kits very competitive. Look for them to make a splash in the cities!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Some good games this week. Today there is Brit playing Tupper and Byng playing Kits. On friday DT is going to play Brit. My predictions are Brit over Tupper by a close game, Kits over Byng by double digits, and DT over Brit by double digits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 pm

Kits over Byng 65-40
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketball77

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 am

On Tuesday, Tupper beat Killarney 61-60 and Wednesday beat Brit by around 8. Therefore, Tupper is secured at East #1 (9-2) with their last remaining league game at Van Tech. Killarney should be #2, Brit and DT at 3/4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:43 am

The East this year is very close, I believe Tupper beat Brit today by 5-6 in a very close game. Does anyone know the city championships work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:55 am

Tupper beat Brit by 6 and DT beat Tech but im not sure how much they won by. Tupper is basically going to be ranked #2 in the east and DT and Brit play twice and Gladstone, and Killarney plays Windermere and Tech. Killarney is 7-3, DT is 6-3, and Brit is 6-4. If there is a tiebreaker then how does this work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznballer

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:30 am

How come tupper is going to be 2nd in east ? if they have a better record than the rest of the east ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Today at 7:27 pm

Back to top Go down

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next