HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 am

this is how I see it

Tupper is #1 they are 9-2
killarny is #2 they are 7-3
brittania and dt are both 6-3

the cities work that van west #1, east #2, west #3, and east #4 would be on one side of the draw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: brittania and dt are both 6-3   Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Brit has an overtime loss against windermere. They just dont show it if its in overtime.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Any opinions on top 3 east and top 3 west players?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 am

on the west I would say:

1. Tom Campbell
2. Mindy Minhas
3. There are lots of players deserving I can't choose one such as (in no particular order) : Abu K(byng), Justin S( Kits), Noah D (kits), Sasha k (churchill), Nathan H (churchill), Mark V(kits), Matt W(Chruchill), from point grey there is this asian post (can't remember name) #13 I think, and Jack F( Point Grey) all these players have played well this season and deserve to be reconized.

east

1. Jesse mushina
2. Kanwar
3. don't know enough east players to decide on a third
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:07 am

Agreed.. To many players on the west to name for the 3rd spot. I don't think there would be any players from Point Grey though. On the East Jesse does not go to Killarney anymore so I guess the only notable player is Kanwar who basically scored more then half his teams points by himself when I saw his team DT play, he doesnt look like he weighs a lot but can score really well and a great shotblocker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketball77

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:59 am

Anyone know the result of the Lord Byng vs. Point Grey game yesterday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:20 pm

byng beat point grey by 10, I heard pg was missing a couple starters but byng probably would've came out on top anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Does anybody know what the score in the britannia vs dt game last friday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm not sure but the first game between them was really close until the end. The game probably got rescheduled. Btw there are going to be a lot of vancouver teams in the DT tournament this week. DT, Brit, Tupper, Killarney and Churchill are all going to be in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm

The games against East teams are almost always close games so i guess i don't know who the best east team is. This tournament might give me a better view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Any results from the DT tournament?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justdoit

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:00 pm

cj35 wrote:
Any results from the DT tournament?
Nope; games start tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:43 am

Notre Dame Beats DT "B" team or Grade 9's im not sure by one
DT beats Britannia by 10
Tupper beat Saint Patricks by 6
Churchill beat Killarney by not too much can't remember the score but it was less than 10.

3:30 DT "B"/Grade 9 team vs Britannia
5:00 Saint Patricks vs Killarney
6:30 DT vs Notre Dame (semis)
8:00 Churchill vs Tupper (semis)

Finals on friday at 8:00, most likely going to be Churchill and the host DT...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aznballer

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:39 am

any results on the dt tourney?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller87

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 am

DT beat Notre Dame by an overwhelming margin

Tupper lost to Churchill by 8 or 9. Close game, tupper made it within 2 points in the 4th quarter.

Next games:

Tupper vs. Notre Dame (5:00pm)

DT. vs. Churchill (7:00pm)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 am

who won the churchill vs dt game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:42 am

Churchill won by quite a lot I think 20. DT only had 6 players but even with a full roster they probly would not have won but still a really sloppy game with only #7 scoring on DT. Not much of a final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 am

[quote="cj35"]Jesse leaving sure makes a big difference in the East.

I think there is a possibility of an all west semi final. For those players and coaches in the east note I am saying POSSIBLE. Not for sure, not dismissing anyone or any team. But.....

I give Point Grey a good chance of beating Tupper who I think has a chance to finish east 1. PG is well coached and disciplined and has a solid defensive game plan. They would have a better record if not for competing in what has to be one of the strongest divisions for juniors in BC with Chruchill, Kits and Byng. But that competition may give them the edge over Tupper

Byng should take Killarney

Chruchill and Kits will have starters off the floor by the 3rd quarter in thier first round games.

Sounds like Kits is playing like the #1 team in the province after teh Pitt Tourney.

My prediction a couple of weeks away from the City Championship is

1. Kits by double digits over Chruchill
2. Churchill who will lose to VC for the provinical berth
3. Byng
4. Point Grey

Best of luck to all teams!
[/quote]

Well after the first round of the Vancouver City Championships looks I got lucky and got it right.

An all West Final Four.

Congrats to Point Grey for the "upset" over Tupper.

Kits, Churchill and Lord Byng all win in dominating fashion by 20+

Tomorrow Semis

Point Grey vs Churchill

and

Kits vs Byng

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)   Today at 6:40 am

Back to top Go down

vancouver junior boys predictions (teams,players,etc)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4