HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

THSS Thunder AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ballorfall69

PostSubject: THSS Thunder AA    Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:19 pm

I am sick of not seeing the Thomas Haney Thunder being mentioned at all when it comes to AA Fraser Valley basketball.
Thomas Haney has a team full of potential this year and have crushed Mission and Archbishop Carney, which are two teams that are mentioned quite frequently in this forum. This squad consists of some of the most dedicated, emotional players in highschool basketball to date. They consist of a very talented point guard who is great on both sides of the floor and has vision of that of a hawk when it comes to seeing the floor. This guard is very underrated and never mentioned, his name is Brennan Cody. His underrated-ness is even comparable to the likes of Kirk Hinrich (who?) the combo guard from Kansas.
They also have probably one of the most talented shooters in this team, Levi Jacobson. These two key players are a great duo on the floor, and their added mass that they gained in the off season will most definitely surprise other guards this season.
The only thing thing this team needs in my opinion is another guard/forward, that would help fluctuate this team and to spread the floor, so teams would have to shift their attention off of those two guards i mentioned before.

I am confident to say, as a practitioner of basketball, that Thomas Haney Thunder will clean up their division and will give Holy Cross a run for their money in the Frasers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlapshotBoi

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 pm

You know I was just thinking this, and I totaly agree, this team always is in the mix for AA but they never get any recognition, should be a competitive year for them in valleys, watch out for these guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HayMorningWood

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:17 pm

yo. I go to a school in the same division and have freinds that play bball at haney. Im a senior so i've seen their teams over the years. They get worse every year. They made provincials like 2 years ago but the caliber of players on those teams were superior to the one's on last year's and this years team. Last year they had this one big center and he usually did everything. I didn't see anyone else who really stood out. And by what you wrote it seems like that kid isnt on the team anymore. If the players you are talking about are who I think they are then i'm going to have to completely disagree with you. The point guard seemed all right actually but he's no provincial player or anything. And that shooter is really small. I think that the PG is actually the biggest player on the team, and that's not good.

THSS is a team filled with tiny kids who have no size. They'll get destroyed on the inside. A team that finished 4th in the Frasers last year and lost their best player will not do well imo. Thomas Haney won't do well. No

GO MISSION GO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 am

im going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one, Mr. Morningwood.

Have you ever heard of player development?!? Or human growth?!Or offseason bulk? It seems to me like you don't and youre coming off stupid.

Who are you to say that the PG and the shooter are not provincial level players? have you seen them play this year yet?
hmmm..HMMMMM? Think of Pete Maravich and Stockton on the floor together again.

Ya and its called working out and eating lots, so obviously these players have gotten bigger then before.

But go ahead and take this team lightly this year FlacidWood. You'll see.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:51 pm

ballorfall69 wrote:
im going to have to strongly disagree with you on that one, Mr. Morningwood.

Have you ever heard of player development?!? Or human growth?!Or offseason bulk? It seems to me like you don't and youre coming off stupid.

Who are you to say that the PG and the shooter are not provincial level players? have you seen them play this year yet?
hmmm..HMMMMM? Think of Pete Maravich and Stockton on the floor together again.

Ya and its called working out and eating lots, so obviously these players have gotten bigger then before.

But go ahead and take this team lightly this year FlacidWood. You'll see.

Comparing two guys who have never been recognized for basketball in the province to Maravich and Stockton is very bold. I am intrigued to see Haney play this year now, merely to see if these two will live up to the hype you are heaping on them. Personally, I don't think they will. Haney has always been on the bubble of AA ball, making provincials every once in awhile. Sometimes it's no fault of their own, they've lost some good players to Pitt, but they've never been an AA power house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elite

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:31 pm

thomas hany

Last edited by elite on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

I wouldn't be hyping these two players, and their entire team if i didn't know they could deliver. Maybe you should check out a few of their games this year. even with some players being recruited to pitt, do you think a good team will let that phase them? no. It just opens up another spot for a player to step up for this team. These two players who'm i talk about are honestly the most underrated players in BC. If theyre being overlooked by scouts, players, coaches, etc... theyre truly in for a shock this basketball season.

Elite; its funny that you mention Gw Graham and Southridge, because i can 100% guarantee that Thomas Haney will beat both these teams this year decisively . Holy Cross will be a tough match up for Thomas Haney and it will be a tight game, but I can see Thomas Haney taking them too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TSchlickner

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:52 pm

@ballorfall. You obviously play for thomas haney who are you? It is sad how much you are hyping up your sub par team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheComeUp

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 pm

As a proud Thomas Haney student and basketball fan, it is surprising to see the lack of recognition this team gets. Although some good players have left for greener pastures, this team still has a dangerous core group that have played most of their ball together and are continuing to develop as a unit. It is a stretch to dub them a powerhouse, but they are in the mix and tired of being overlooked and underrated. This is a team with a chip on it's shoulder and something to prove.

Last edited by TheComeUp on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TSchlickner

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:08 pm

@thecomeup

Thomas Haney is an average team. They have lucky days but most of the time they show they suck. This powerhouse team you speak of, who are the players who make it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheComeUp

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 pm

TSchlickner wrote:
@thecomeup

Thomas Haney is an average team. They have lucky days but most of the time they show they suck. This powerhouse team you speak of, who are the players who make it?

I said it's a stretch to call them a powerhouse.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 pm

i hope youre prepared to deal with the admins with that use of language.
thsi website does not tolerate that and i hope you enjoy being banned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BALDIballa

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:26 pm

I would have to agree that Thomas Haney is being overhyped ITT and I would just like to throw it out there, that Garibaldi secondary has a sure shot at a title this season. With team leader John Xue they will be an unstoppable force in frader valley basketball.

afro deal with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

There's no need for any posts such as the ones that were recently deleted. Discussing basketball in this province is the point of this board. The topic will be locked and people will be banned if it continues.

http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/british-columbia-f11/rules-for-posting-in-the-british-columbia-forum-t477.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Schomoblow

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:54 am

Yo I think ballerfall69 is inway too over his head. Step back and look at this squad and you will eat your words. I am a junior ball player and know the players ballerfall69 is talking about, nothin special at all. They have no size whatsoever, even if they have played together as one post tells us it doesnt take away the fact they are a mediocre team that will get crushed on the inside by teams with more size. Ballerfall69 they are extremly overhyped team, thomas haney who? that are greatly undersized and from what i hear poorly "instructed" as well. I will have to agree with Flacidwood they will not do well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pg5

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Honestly Thomas Haney is a very poor team...we played them in spring and beat them by an easy 20..and our team only consists of grade 10s and 11s..I dont know why you'd pump yourself up so much and complain about being underated...if you feel so hard done by then just prove it in the year...but sorry your guard is nothing like Kirk Hinrich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 pm

how mad are you guys, HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm

ballorfall69 wrote:
how mad are you guys, HAHAHA
So here i am sitting here today, laughing at all of you doubters.
Remember 3 months ago when i said Thomas Haney was a great team!? http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/t448-thss-thunder-aa '--you haters REMEMBER THAT!?
I want all the haters in that read to read this and realize thomas haney is superior, and that your team is dilapidated in comparison.

Thomas Haney has proven themselves worthy to be ranked in BC, which i did say was going to happen. and as i previously stated the two starting guards on the team, Brennan Cody and Levi Jacobson have upped their games this year dropping absolutely absurd totals on their opponents. Their roster this year is deep with and will go far is the Fraser Valleys, and in my opinion will win the whole thing.
Seriously just think of how big BC is, respect this team and the school itself.

Also Dukes going to win the NCAA tournament, come at me.

They're ranked 15th, I respect them and they work hard. They are not a top 5-10 team, though. I assume you are a player on Thomas Haney or a recent alum. Look, they honestly bust their butts on the court, but they are not nearly as deep as you claim, and they'll be hard pressed to get a berth out of the FV, just like every other team in the FV as the FV is pretty strong this year.

Good luck at FV's and good luck at provincials if you make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:31 am

unfortunately i am not alumni or a member of the squad, but i am honoured that you think i would be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballorfall69

PostSubject: Prophecy THSS   Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

Tonight, the Thomas Haney Thunder will be facing off with Holy Cross, like i said they would be. The prophecy will be fulfilled by the Thunder. Please take a quick gander at my old threads and see that i had foretold this matchup and called it in the beggining of the season. Now watch, as Thomas Haney drops its might into the scared hearts and souls of the Holy Cross basketball team. Thomas haney with the W, you heard it here first people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:44 pm

mikeyb wrote:
All of this bragging, yet... they play AA.. If they were so good, why not play AAA ?

Classic comment. I agree AAA is generally better, but some of the top 5 AA teams can usually compete with top 10-15 AAA teams any given year. If you want to hate on lower classifications that's your choice, but please keep these comments off hooplife. It adds nothing to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HayMorningWood

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:23 am

so looks like someone got waaaay ahead of themselves. I told you guys that Haney wasn't a team to brag about. Sure they had their moments this year but in the end look what happened. Haney has been on the decline for about 4-5 years now and they've finished worse than last year.

I won't lie I expected them to compete for the final 4th spot but they lost their first 2 games in the fraser valleys. I was shocked to hear that. That's horrible.

Decent season though I guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:47 pm

HayMorningWood wrote:
so looks like someone got waaaay ahead of themselves. I told you guys that Haney wasn't a team to brag about. Sure they had their moments this year but in the end look what happened. Haney has been on the decline for about 4-5 years now and they've finished worse than last year.

I won't lie I expected them to compete for the final 4th spot but they lost their first 2 games in the fraser valleys. I was shocked to hear that. That's horrible.

Decent season though I guess

Considering their best junior player from the 08-09 season is now in grade 11 at Pitt Meadows and starting for Pitt, we can't just blame the program slipping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THSS Thunder AA    Today at 4:41 am

Back to top Go down

THSS Thunder AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1