HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top 5 teams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Top 5 teams   Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:29 pm

With the season here and games starting up soon, out of the top 5 teams that were ranked in Howie's Hamper who do you think has the best shot of winning it all?

1. Burnaby South Rebels
2. R.C. Palmer Griffins
3. Vancouver College Fighting Irish
4. Kitsilano Blue Demons
5. Terry Fox Ravens
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:38 am

i agree with everything but palmer? last year they were in AA and didn't even win the championship i believe mike zayas is a very overrated player and cheng makes him look good however i don't believe they have the debt and players to make it in AAA week in and week out
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 pm

genius your post is dumb they have 4 provincial level players and everyone can play defence , surrounding cast is good especially off the bench
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm

I don't see how his post is dumb, he put some thought into it. You may not agree with it, yes. I agree with the Zayas being overrated part. I've always been a little surprised seeing him play knowing he is a regular prov team guy. I think he is very flashy (which is not a good thing in this case), has talent, and is athletic, but I don't think he actually utilizes that talent. I don't think he really plays fundamental basketball ever, he plays a flashy style that isn't very consistent and doesn't accomplish much.

However, I think Palmer is top 5 material for sure. They were all grade 11s last year, and Brit pounded them, but Britannia had a provincially tested team. Even for a talented team, if you are all grade 11s and untested "even winning AA's" is hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Isn't Jamie Madewan playing senior, and if he is he will istant offence talent to palmer squad.
Back to top Go down
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 am

With a grade 12 squad that are talented, I doubt that Madewan will be a major contributor this year. I like RC Palmer's chances.

Is Jamie Madewan the brother of Matt Madewan? I still remember the game between WRCA & Palmer couple of years back when there was a collision between Matt Madiwan and Aaron Hare. That was an exciting game, classic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 am

Burnaby South is definetly the team to beat because of their talent and tenacity. They offer so many top players like Ater, Nick, Jok, Lazar, Manroop and more. Once this team gels together they'll be nice. The only thing Palmer lacks is size. In my eyes they have the best point guard in Billy Cheng with a very good perimeter supporting cast. Palmer did beat a lot of ranked AAA teams last year while they were all in grade 11 as did Brit. They should be ranked second. I've also been hearing a lot about this Mcdonald kid from Fox. A lot of people tell me he is inconsistent and forces thing but I have yet to see for myself. I guess I'll be catching a Fox game soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 teams   Today at 9:03 am

Back to top Go down
Top 5 teams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1