HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cullen Draw Realeased!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachc

PostSubject: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:08 am

The draw for 2010 Cullen has been released. Couple of interesting things to note. One is that the top four of BJH's top ten preseason rankings are not competing in the tournament (http://hooplife.canadian-forum.com/ncssaa-f19/sr-boys-bball-2010-2011-t388-45.htm). Also, the the only four teams from his top ten list are in the same bracket meaning only two of these teams will advance past the quarter finals. Lastly, the host sites are St. Paul's, Longfields Davidson Heights, and Rideau.

Here is the first round draw Thursday Nov 18.

Game 1 Ridgemont vs Brookfield - LDH #1 (6:00)
Game 2 Rideau vs Perth - LDH #2 (6:00)

Game 3 Deslauriers vs Glebe - LDH #1 (7:30)
Game 4Carine Wilson vs Mother Theresa - LDH #2 (7:30)

Game 5 St. Paul vs SRB - St. Paul (4:00)
Game 6 Ashbury vs Woodroffe - St. Paul (5:30)

Game 7 Earl vs Franco Ouest - St. Paul (7:00)
Game 8 St. Peter vs Vankleek Hill - St. Paul (8:30)

The second round games will be played on Friday with the winner of game one playing the loser of game two, and the winner of game two playing the loser of game one. the same format applies with games 3 and 4, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 pm

If I understand the format correctly, I think the final 8 will be:

Ridgemont over Glebe
Borden over Earl of March
Perth over Deslauriers
St. Peter over Ashbury

Borden over Ridgemont
Perth over St. Peter

Borden over Perth

This tournament is definitely not the calibre of previous years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 pm

Borden won a nail bighter over St. Paul today. After being up as much as 11 pts in the second half, SRB relinquished and actually trailed by one with less than a minute left before getting a steal at half for a layup. St. Paul's tied it up and then Jamal hit a free throw to give SRB a one point lead with under 20 seconds. St. Paul's missed a shot at the end of the game giving SRB a one point win. Pretty exciting way to start the season. Can someone post the results from the other games as they happen

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CBBasketball

PostSubject: Two results   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Earl of March blew out Franco Ouest and St. Peter's blew out Colonel By. So tomorrow's match-ups are EOM vs. CB and St. Pete's vs. Franco

Sorry, I don't know the score from the Woodroffe/Vankleek Hill game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BJH

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 am

A couple of standouts at St. Paul's tonight.

http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/11/ottawa-referees-invitational-day-1/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hoopstarscanada.com
winner1237

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:17 am

ridgemont won against brookfield(close game)
perth blew out rideau
deslauriers won against glebe by about 10 points
cairine wilson won against mother teressa
srb won against st paul by only one point
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:57 pm

quarter finals at St. Pauls was Earl over SRB by about 15 and St. Peter over St. Paul (I can't remember by how much sorry). The semifinal at St. Paul was Deslauriers beating Earl by 21. Earl led at the half but ran out of gas in the second as their shots all seemed to be coming up short. I have no clue who won at Rideau today, but I know the semifinal game was St. Peter vs someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winner1237

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm

the fact that cairine wilson and deslauriers got to the finals was very surprising. cairine wilson which was a tier two team last year that moved up to tier one this year,and deslauriers that had a poor team last year, but it looks like they really improved this year.during the first quarter of the game cairine wilson was dominating they are great shooters and they have a very tall big man who looked very tough to guard , at the second quarter delauriers started catching up ,their was a few seconds left on the clock for the courter to end ,cairine wilson was up by three until sherif bah tied the game with a three point shot.at the second half deslauriers went hard and slowly started to get the lead, deslauriers started attacking the basket which resulted in deslauriers winning this tournament.the score was 59-48
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOS

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:36 am

Did Carnie Wilson beat St. Petes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:38 am

After seeing Deslauriers play Earl, I am not surprised that they won the tournament. To suggest that they were not any good last season is completely inaccurate. I saw them play at the St. Joes tourny last year against St. Matts (who went to AAAA ofsaa last year!) and they were up late in the fourth quarter with Gavin having fouled out. They got a little silly with the ball, which is why they lost, but they were definitely not a bad team. They always seem to have talent but this year, they seem to be buying in to what their coaches are teaching and that, to me, is the big difference. Deslauriers is the early season favourite to win single A (I am not even sure if someone is competing against them) but the big challenge for them will be to stay motivated and improve as the season goes on. Winning single A in Ottawa should not be their goal. Competing for a medal at ofsaa should be!

Carine Wilson beating St. Petes is a bit of a surprise. Not to take away from Carine Wilson, as I have not seen them play yet, but St. Petes just seemed a little ahead of the teams I saw in the tournament. They were mixing a variety of defences using some solid pressure to create easy baskets. For this time of year, they caught a few teams off guard who might not have even worked on a press break yet. With Coach Arden, however, I am sure that his team was well prepared and good for them for the strong showing. They have definitely demonstrated that they belong in tier one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cullen Draw Realeased!!!   Today at 6:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Cullen Draw Realeased!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1