HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Players and Teams in AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:15 pm

nice "classy" post dinkydoo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
nice "classy" post dinkydoo

thanks bro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 pm

that was sarcastic, dont bash players on here please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
that was sarcastic, dont bash players on here please

oh i didn't catch the sarcasm and shrug it off or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

someone you rarely hear about but I see their nameas a leading scorer all the time is Joel Bishop fron Devon Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cnba07

PostSubject: i agree Joel Bishop isnt very big but he def uses his knowlege of the game well. He def does good in the post!   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
someone you rarely hear about but I see their nameas a leading scorer all the time is Joel Bishop fron Devon Park
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:58 pm

dinky doo, who are you calling a classless punk? moffit is one of the nicest guys to play against in the privince, trust i've watched him play a lot more than you have. if the incedent you are referring to is the one i think, he only did that cause point differential matters in league games. really though, just cause your sour about losing doesn't mean you should automatically come on a public forum and bash his character and level of class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:08 pm

nobody should be bashing high school KIDS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dinkydoo7

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:17 pm

nbball wrote:
dinky doo, who are you calling a classless punk? moffit is one of the nicest guys to play against in the privince, trust i've watched him play a lot more than you have. if the incedent you are referring to is the one i think, he only did that cause point differential matters in league games. really though, just cause your sour about losing doesn't mean you should automatically come on a public forum and bash his character and level of class.

i think it will be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

My top ten is:

1- Pat McNaughton-Sugarloaf-Probably the best player in AA and you guys will argue that he isn't because he doesn't score 30 points like Moffit or Corey but he plays with players that can play and he still averages almost 20 points per game. Also with Doug Adair coaching he won't put Pat on the court in the fourth quarter if his team is winning by 20 which is every game. He also has a pass first mentality and is always getting rebounds.

2-J.D. Wysote- Sugarloaf- Great post player even though he isn't the biggest in the league. Good average of points even though his minutes are low due to his lack of control on not fouling people. Good rebounder even against those big boys in the paint with him.

3-Eric Johnson- Sugaroaf- Very tall and athletic player with a mind of the game. Can shoot the three, pass, rebound and do about anything any other players can do in the league except for dunking. His leap is his worst quality.

4- Duan Fournier- Sugarloaf- Player for team nb under 16 this summer so the talent is there. Great point guard with amazing passing abilities and has some nice moves around the basket. Also he knows the game of basketball very well.

5- Brandon Moffit- McAdam- Really good player and probably the only one on his team that can do anything. He constantly scores around 30 points and is his team's only chance of winning a title.

6- Justin Corey- Minto-Probably the second best big man in AA. He lacks strength or he just doesn't want to show it. But when you score above thirty a game maybe you don't need strength to be a post player. It would be scary to see if he had some muscle though.

7- Fraser Barnaby- Sugarloaf- One of the twins on the Sugarloaf team. Really good post player who can shoot the three with the best of them. He is not the tallest post player but boxes out and gets his fair share of rebounds

8- Spencer Barnaby- Sugarloaf- The other twin on the Sugarloaf team. Great guard who can shoot the ball from anywhere and can take it to the basket against some big opponents. Very good defensive player as well.

9- Osama Haque- Sugarloaf- Another Sugarloaf big man who lacks size but uses the good ol' pump fake and pivot to score most of his points. Really good defensively and isn't scared to take a charge even though he does get called for a foul a lot he will still do it over and over again.

10-Braxton Maxwell- Sugarloaf- With the talent that Sugarloaf has in their starting line up and the guys on the bench its no wonder this guy who sat out a year of basketball doesn't get any praise. This guy can shoot the lights out of any building and his defensive play isn't too shabby etheir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 pm

aahhahahahahahah, not hard to tell where you are from. Come on man this is for serious posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

This was a serious post. I have my opinion. You have yours. Don't be hatin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 pm

And yes it is not hard to tell where I am from but that could be because my name has north in it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm

lol your name doesnt even need north in it to figure it out... having 8/10 players being from sugarloaf is a bigger givaway than the word north ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:14 pm

I feel that these players deserve a spot in the top 10 as I ranked them. What if i was from the south and ranked them this way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm

Maybe I just give credit where it is due and not to my hometown team like most people on here do. I am not gonna trash your guys comments but I posted this seriously so I expect the same
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:21 pm

thanks for the scouting report north!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

no problem dude. cnab or whatever they are called will still lose...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilJaxsun

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:14 pm

According to Boas, SSHS won't beat CNDA by over 16. I think they can easily beat them by 30.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:45 am

Why didn't you go AAA if you have all those great players? Show some nads like Dalhousie has done for the past few years. You're not banner hunting again this year and beat up on all those little A schools are you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NorthernHoops2201

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:06 am

I don't play for Sugarloaf so I am not banner hunting. I will agree with PhilJaxsun. I don't see how CNDA is that good if all they can beat is Stanley and Blackville. They should try to play some AAA competition like Sugarloaf does and see how much they lose by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:59 am

Hey Rudas, nothing wrong with Sugarloaf hanging another banner. These groups of kids only come together so often in the small schools, it runs in cycles. Might as well win while you can. It seems every team a AA school dominates for a bit everyone is crying for them to jump to AAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:34 am

Small schools?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:14 am

We play Stanley and Blackville because they are in our conference, just like Sugarloaf does, so I don't see where you are coming from? If Sugarloaf beats us by 30 then we will get over it, practice harder and hopefully make it closer next time. Is there a problem with me believing in my kids? We try booking games with AAA schools but most of the time schedules are full by the time we get to them. We would looooove to play AAA schools but we just can never seem to get them booked. We have an open space for our Christmas tournament if any AAA team is interested. As for Sugarloaf playing AAA teams, it's a bit easier when you are the defending AA champs to get a AAA team to play you. Either way, I'm proud of my boys and I hope we play a great game against Sugarloaf this weekend. Good luck to both teams, we have nothing but respect for Sugarloaf!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:16 am

As should be obvious from my posts, I am also from the north. And though I do believe that some of the players mentioned from Sugarloaf due deserve consideratioin for top 10 lists and that they get mainly overlooked because they are up north. People put Pat on as a token and forget the rest. There is a kid on DRHS who probably should get a mention in top ten lists but doesn't because no one has seen them play yet cause they were in AAA the last 2 years.
But come on, Osama ? Braxton ? They usually only play in the fourth quarter when the game is out of reach against the other teams bench. I don't care how good your team is, if you are not in the top 5 on your team you are definitely not top 10 in the province. There is just too much talent out there.
I don't see anything wrong with playing in the division you are supposed to be in. I think teams like Dalhousie, Grand Manan and others who have jumped up when they realized staying down would be a joke should be commended but I don't think that teams that don't jump should be condemned. There were lots of people in Dalhousie who thought they should have stayed AA and hung their two banners. Just depends on your outlook and the goals of your program.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Today at 1:56 am

Back to top Go down

Top Players and Teams in AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next