HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Top Players and Teams in AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:57 am

Fair enough statement I suppose. Its to my understanding that the drhs condors will be at the Devon Park tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:11 am

I also heard that CNBA beat Mcadam. Is it true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:53 am

bballguru wrote:
Fair enough statement I suppose. Its to my understanding that the drhs condors will be at the Devon Park tournament.
DRHS will play Devon Park twice, Campobello, Belleisle, Harvey and CNBA over the next 2 weeks. This will give a better idea of where they rank provincially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:19 am

Yeah CNBA beat McAdam by 24, they just continually pulled away the entire game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:19 am

I just dont understand how viewers list Dalhousie under Mcadam is all. I remember hearing Dalhousie pounded CNBA by 30 some points and didnt let that dunker who throws down all the time, dunk! I know the record stinks but look who they have played 2/3 league games vs. sshs (champs). Guess rank and location go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:51 am

CNBA has gotten a lot better!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 pm

bballguru wrote:
I just dont understand how viewers list Dalhousie under Mcadam is all. I remember hearing Dalhousie pounded CNBA by 30 some points and didnt let that dunker who throws down all the time, dunk! I know the record stinks but look who they have played 2/3 league games vs. sshs (champs). Guess rank and location go hand in hand.
You have to take people's rankings with a grain of salt. You don't get to see all the teams so have to rely on scores and records to rank teams. Up until last week, McAdam had beaten every AA team they had played except Sugarloaf so they were an obvious # 2. Dalousie is extremely hard to rank for most people. Because they spent the last 2 years in AAA most AA people have not seen them play so names like Hunter, Maxwell and Bernard are unfamiliar to them. Since they have been playing all AAA teams and Sugarloaf so far their poor record doesn't really mean anything.
Take team like CNBA, they went to the Nort Shore and were unimpressive in losses to Sugarloaf and Dalhousie. So people dismissed them as contenders, then a couple weeks later they beat Campobello and McAdam and now they are back on people's radar again
At the end of the day, Sugarloaf is the front runner. There are 5 or so other teams with a legitimate chance to knock them off and a couple of other long shots. Once you get into the "win or go home" games anything can happen.

Having said all that, here is my ranking

1. Sugarloaf - about the only thing we all can agree on
2/3/4 - McAdam (1 loss doesn't put them down ...yet)/Harvey / Devon Park - put em in any order you like
5/6 - Dalhousie / CNBA - both had good weeks but still have to prove they can play with the top 4 long term
7-10 - Bunch of teams could go in here (Campo, Belleisle, JMA, etc). a lot of inconsistency and the fact that I haven't seen them makes it hard to rank
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 pm

I am just impressed with Dalhousies grit and hard defense. Id put my money on Dalhousie over your top 2,3 and 4. That being said, I will only know after they have played in Devon Park this coming week. I think Devon Park and Dalhousie will be the game to see. Teams like Mcadam, Campo, those teams have one or two good players with no support. I think they would collapse easily under Dalhousies defense, only time will tell. When yous find out the scores of Dp and Dal, post it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:17 pm

New computer for Christmas guru??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Not the discussion here, but to answer your question Rudas, no. I just found myself wanting to voice my opinion so decided to create an account.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:08 pm

look at guru getting his "backbone" going on, anyways fact of that matter and i'll sum this up is that i think everyone knows that Sugarloaf right now is still the team to beat. All the other teams still need to play each other and see for yourselves who's better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnb

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Not hard to tell where your from guru, all you've done on this thread is brag up dalhousie and trash the south
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:56 am

Indeed I'm from the North. But I dont trash what I havent seen. I've been involved with BNB too and seen players from all over and their skills. Im not saying these kids are not good, they are. I'm saying put them up against the teams to beat and see how well they play is all. Their true talent isnt really exposed against teams they blow out and know they can pound on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:16 am

i would say the south is actually the strongest conference... top to bottom of course... sugarloaf isnt in their conference and they are the team to beat... but the south has 5 teams that could do some damage in playoffs (mcadam, harvey, campo, gm, fundy) north would be second strongest but only have 3 legitimate teams, then the east, then the west.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Players and Teams in AA   Today at 3:24 pm

Back to top Go down

Top Players and Teams in AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4