HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Best Senior Players in the North

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chongo

PostSubject: Best Senior Players in the North   Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm

I do not want to start a pissing match but here I go ( I do not know all the names so forgive me) and they are in no particular order:

1. Chris from Chippewa;
2. The fifth year player from Chippewa that played on the JDP team (and who was the best player);
3. The transfer from Sturgeon Falls that played for West Ferris;
4. Aidan Chard from St. Marys;
5. Mario Bruni from St. Basils;
6. David Glibota from St. Mary's.

Please feel free to add and subtract as you feel is necessary Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: My Bad, I forgot   Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:03 am

Matt Bertolisi of St. Basils
and Mike from Widdifield
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theriaultballer12

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:56 pm

I notice you dont have any players from Timmins in this
what about Chance Goulet-Theriault
Braydon Ritchie-O`Gorman
Brandon Blais-THVS
Josh Arlauskis-THVS
Dwayne Gillies-THVS
Corry Wabano-THVS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

theriaultballer12 wrote:
Braydon Ritchie-O`Gorman
Brandon Blais-THVS
Josh Arlauskis-THVS
Dwayne Gillies-THVS
Corry Wabano-THVS

I did not include them as I did not see them play over the Summer. Also, from what I remember, the Blues had no stand-outs other than the two players are now playing University ball in the C.I.S.. The beat us by 15 but without those two I think we would have beaten them at the Vetrie! I guess we will see all those teams at the Tomahawk early next month!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
longbombs04

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Didn't one of the top timmins player get injured against u guys in the early minutes? if so then they pretty much sounds like they beat u with one player...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:49 pm

longbombs04 wrote:
Didn't one of the top timmins player get injured against u guys in the early minutes? if so then they pretty much sounds like they beat u with one player...

Yeah, the kid that is now at Laurentian hurt himself on a charge in the second quarter. At that point it was around a 15 point lead and stayed there for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm

longbombs04 wrote:

How many of the Blues starting five were 4th or 5th year players? That game our starting five were all 3rd year players so we held our own pretty well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neoaamonster

PostSubject: Timmins still has top talent    Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Timmins still has its fair share of good players. Timmins high just went to pinky lewis this weekend past and posted a 2-1 record loosing to JC richardson by 20. They are ranked in the top 10 of ontario. They also beat two AAA teams from the south who are decent, so i dont see how theres none of their players in the top 5 just saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:28 pm

neoaamonster wrote:
Timmins still has its fair share of good players. Timmins high just went to pinky lewis this weekend past and posted a 2-1 record loosing to JC richardson by 20. They are ranked in the top 10 of ontario. They also beat two AAA teams from the south who are decent, so i dont see how theres none of their players in the top 5 just saying.

The top five could be all from Timmins, what I said was that since none were out for JDP I have not seen those guys yet. They and we will be in North Bay for the Tomahawk so I hope that we get play them early and see what happens. Maybe we will be in the same division at the Vetrie and have a nice rough tussle in our gym again!

Also, being ranked that high this early means you have a target on your forehead, which is not always a good thing!.

I am all for the North getting better overall, so more good teams the better. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neoaamonster

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:54 pm

how come marys doesnt go to the tourney in sudz this weekend that would be a one for them i bet. but i still think that timmins has a couple players who should be in the top 5 from the ones u said thats all i got to say you shouldnt make a list if you dunno the players that could be possibly be in it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chongo

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:37 am

neoaamonster wrote:
how come marys doesnt go to the tourney in sudz this weekend that would be a one for them i bet. but i still think that timmins has a couple players who should be in the top 5 from the ones u said thats all i got to say you shouldnt make a list if you dunno the players that could be possibly be in it

All I wanted to do is start a discussion and look forward to the season starting.

I take it then that you you know all the players that I or that anyone else posted and can judge then rationally.

Lighten up and enjoy the conversation. Do you actually play for Timmins? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:32 am

neoaamonster wrote:

How did Timmin's do at the Laurentian tourney! I hear that St. Basils beat a Toronto team in the finals! I believe that St. Mary's and St. Basils play in the Soo league this week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neoaamonster

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

i dont know all the players youve named because i dont play for timmins. but i was just saying some of timmins players should be ranked up there. and timmins went 1-2 this weekend in sudbury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach32

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:42 am

Does anyone have the results from the Laurentian tournament. I did hear St Basil's of Sault Ste Marie won the tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 am

Coach32 wrote:
Does anyone have the results from the Laurentian tournament. I did hear St Basil's of Sault Ste Marie won the tournament.

I heard that Basil's beat Father Redmond from Etobicoke by 4 in the final. Also, I think that Basil's beat West Ferris in their semi, not sure who Redmond beat to get to the final?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach32

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 am

Does anyone have the scores of all the games and could they post them please. I also heard Timmins went 1 and 2. Not 100% sure tho.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Best Players revisited at the half-way point   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:11 am

theriaultballer12 wrote:
Braydon Ritchie-O`Gorman
Brandon Blais-THVS
Josh Arlauskis-THVS
Dwayne Gillies-THVS
Corry Wabano-THVS

After seeing O'Gorman and Theriault at the Tomahawk I am not sure how you can include them in any best of list? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Revised list at the Half-way   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 am

Chongo wrote:
I do not want to start a pissing match but here I go ( I do not know all the names so forgive me) and they are in no particular order:

1. Chris from Chippewa;
2. The fifth year player from Chippewa that played on the JDP team (and who was the best player);
3. The transfer from Sturgeon Falls that played for West Ferris;
4. Aidan Chard from St. Marys;
5. Mario Bruni from St. Basils;
6. David Glibota from St. Mary's.

Please feel free to add and subtract as you feel is necessary Twisted Evil

Here is my revised list after half a season:

1). Shawn Humphrey from Chippewa (sorry);
2). Matt Bertolisi from Basil's;
3). Antony Iacco from Korah (Grade 10 playing senior, maybe best Grade 10 in the North);
4). Sam Levac from West Ferris;
5). Aidan Chard from St, Mary's;
6). Alex Morrison from St. Mary's;
7). Charles from LaSalle in Sudbury:
Cool. Chris from Chippewa &
9). David Glibota. cheers

Last edited by Norman Dale on Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theriaultballer12

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:07 pm

I(theriault) wasnt at the Tomahawk in northbay so i dont know how you can even say that? and were not talking team wise here were talking individuals, Braydon Ritchie of O`Gorman apparantly did work against St.Marys, and if he did so, how can you possibly say that? it`s funny how no one puts any timmins kids in the mix. but those were some players that i know of from timmins, and i did not see anyone very impressive from Lasalle when they came to play Timmins and O`Gorman for exhibitions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachp

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:00 pm

The kid from chippewa is Shawn Humphrey. Who ever mentionned McEachern is out to lunch they have no players by that name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Name Wrong, Right Player   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 pm

coachp wrote:
The kid from chippewa is Shawn Humphrey. Who ever mentionned McEachern is out to lunch they have no players by that name.

You are right I had the last name wrong, now that is straightened out, do you disagree with the players that are listed. I admit I need more info on Timmins High players. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:14 am

theriaultballer12 wrote:
I(theriault) wasnt at the Tomahawk in northbay so i dont know how you can even say that? and were not talking team wise here were talking individuals, Braydon Ritchie of O`Gorman apparantly did work against St.Marys, and if he did so, how can you possibly say that? it`s funny how no one puts any timmins kids in the mix. but those were some players that i know of from timmins, and i did not see anyone very impressive from Lasalle when they came to play Timmins and O`Gorman for exhibitions

Didn't O'Gorman get handled easily by St. Mary's?

Ritchie threw up a lot of shots but was not overly impressive and did not cause St. Mary's to change their defense to contain him? Isn't that a fairly good definition of an impact player?

That is why he was not on my list!

And unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of seeing Timmins High play so I can not comment on them intelligently. I hope that they come to the Vetrie so I can see them. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theriaultballer12

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:13 am

yes marys handled them easily, but that doesnt make snese saying they didnt have to change there D for him, marys is a way better team, braydon is just stuck playing for a lower end team, which isnt his fault, of course they didnt have to change anything for him but fair enough, not going to argue that he deserves to be there,
as for the timmins high players, josh arlauskis, corry Wabano, and Brandon Blais seem to be doing some damage
Josh arlauskis is grade 12, staying an extra year he will be someone to watch for next season, and this current ofsaa
corry wabano is graduating, but is very long and can shoot the ball well for a 6'6 kid
brandon blais is getting offers from cambrian, flemming, and algonquin, and has a good shot, must be doing something right to get an offer from algonquin?
as for me chance goulet, i have cambrian and sault college, this is without exposure
just saying, maybe you should know about all areas before you make a list like this, because its favourited towards sault and northbay, without any timmins players, which is usually the power house city for ball in the north because of THVS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Overall Knowledge!   Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Is not the point of these forums to discuss basketball in the north? If so, then whether someone has full and complete knowledge of all talent in the north is hardly the point.

If one reads all the posts and if people from the different areas post who they think are the say ten best players in the north then we can all get a good idea of who actually are the best on a game to game basis. No one has a chance to see all of the players so it might be a tad idealistic to expect anyone to have knowledge of all areas!

So Theriaultballer post you top 10 and lets have at it! Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theriaultballer12

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Matt Bertolisi from Basil's
Sam Levac from West Ferris
Aidan Chard from St, Mary's
Alex Morrison from St. Mary's
josh arlauskis from thvs
correy wabano from thvs
brandon blais from thvs
charlie from west ferris
braydon ritchie from OG of timmins
and theres another kid from basils who ive heard was pretty good, good outside shooter dont know his name

this in no particular order at all, but theres kids from each area, except sudbury, becaus ei didnt see anything special from lasalle nor lockerby when they were in timmins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Senior Players in the North   Today at 3:03 pm

Back to top Go down

Best Senior Players in the North
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next