HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

http://www.drivebasketball.com/pages/footer/insidebc.php

Hey Everyone

Coach Karn again now that the preseason is upon how about some Preseason Rankings. I am now a member of the Drive coaching staff and am helping out in the high school section for DRIVE. If you see me at your games or tourney give me a shout on how you guys are doing ill be blogging on the drive website while im at all of my own junior boys tournaments and select senior boys tournaments keep me posted on how your squads are doing and be sure to check on the drive website frequently for updates. Player Rankings and Senior boys rankings will be posted shortly.
Good luck to everyone this season on the chase for the title

Coach Karn sharda
Drive Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
senthil

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:

Hey Everyone

Coach Karn again now that the preseason is upon how about some Preseason Rankings. I am now a member of the Drive coaching staff and am helping out in the high school section for DRIVE. If you see me at your games or tourney give me a shout on how you guys are doing ill be blogging on the drive website while im at all of my own junior boys tournaments and select senior boys tournaments keep me posted on how your squads are doing and be sure to check on the drive website frequently for updates. Player Rankings and Senior boys rankings will be posted shortly.

Coach Karn sharda
Drive Basketball

Appreciate your efforts, Karn. Never in the past the Junior rankings are discussed so much and it means a lot to the kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 am

Care to explain the honourable mention schools? I can't see why some of them are up there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:46 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach E

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 am

Killarney is a little overated. There aren't really any transfers but the big man is good. I think that they difinately have a chance on winning but I doubt theres any notable transfers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:41 am

Hey everyone

This year we are hosting our 1st annual Drive Christmas Classic Dec 27-28 For Junior boys trying to make it a 16 team tournament going to be a lot of fun right now got some spots available so far commited we got mouat, walnut, churchill, vc, saint georges, mcmath, argyle, pacific academy, burnaby south with White rock waiting to confirm if you guys wanna get your squad in this tournament let me know this is the tournament to be at during christmas break!

Karn

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Cant wait to see karn's pre-season go wrong. The first knock is Kits although it is a just one pre-season game. Next in line are Mouat, Churchil and his own team, McMath. Good luck to you, karn but still you deserve a pat on your back since nobody has done the pre-season ranking other than you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Predictions!   Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am

Easy to knock predictions! No one ever gets it right, but it is always interesting to read and be analytic about them. I to appreciate coach Karns attemps to list potential Provincial qualifiers. But with so many Grade nines intering into Junior ball it is really hard to say how they are going to handle the pressure, some will succeed and some will need a season of seasoning! There are a lot of good grade niners ballers going to play junior ball this year and this should really be a season of surprises. Lets see someone else step up and put their predictions forward!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:47 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
Jliv my man its Pre- season rankings there supposed to go wrong thats the beauty of rankings who knows whos going to finish where. The best part is you said my first knock on predictions is kits people have been killing me on putting Kits so low to start off everyones got their opinions and i hope more people express what they believe then knock wat is already out

I was at that kits white rock game hard fought game between both teams was impressed by both squads and everyone should remember it was both of their first games of their season kits is trying to turn into more of a run and gun type squad which is smart for them as they have a lot of good talented guards on their team. White rock was successful thanks to their work on the glass there a very hard working group of guys and are great on their leakouts.

Remember boys its not all about the destination its the road to the destination which is the most fun. Gonna be a very fun and exciting season 2 weeks away

Coach karn, I wasn't complaining your ranking but just got amused by kit's loss. For Kits, it is just one pre-season game like war is lost but not battle in typical anecdote style. My observation of your ranking is like this. It was influenced by your close scouting of players who shown up at Drive but not other players who played elsewhere, as evidenced by surprise sprung by your low ranked Whiterock team. And also to some extent your subjectivity is lost in transtition due to your proximity to players, coaches since everybody in the circuit knows you are very affable and friendly to all.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:28 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:

I was at that kits white rock game hard fought game between both teams was impressed by both squads and everyone should remember it was both of their first games of their season kits is trying to turn into more of a run and gun type squad which is smart for them as they have a lot of good talented guards on their team. White rock was successful thanks to their work on the glass there a very hard working group of guys and are great on their leakouts.

Karn,

Who were the starting five for Kits at the game? Who played the point and the post for Kits?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:42 pm

McMath's first tournament is Dec 2-4 at the Kwantlen Pat Dooley Memorial head coach Bernie Love friend of mine and hes a big supporter of high school ball and runs a great tournament

the draw for it is

Pool A
Princess Margaret
North Delta
Hugh McRoberts

Pool B
McMath
Guildford Park
Pacific Academy

Pool C
AR MacNeill
St Thomas Aquinas
LA Matheson

Pool D
Sutherland
Earl Marriott
Maaqtusiis

Thursday Dec 2nd
8:30am A Princess Margaret vs North Delta
10:00am B McMath vs Pacific Academy
11:30am C AR MacNeill vs St Thomas Aquinas
1:00pm D Earl Marriott vs Sutherland
2:30pm A Hugh McRoberts vs Princess Margaret
4:00pm B Guildford Park vs Pacific Academy
5:30pm C LA Matheson vs St Thomas Aquinas
7:00pm D Maaqtusiis vs Earl Marriott

Friday Dec 3rd
8:30am B McMath vs Guildford Park
10:00am A Hugh McRoberts vs North Delta
11:30am C AR MacNeill vs LA Matheson
1:00pm D Maaqtusiis vs Sutherland
2:30pm Game 1 3rd Pool A vs 3rd Pool B
4:00pm Game 2 3rd Pool C vs 3rd Pool D
5:30pm Game 3 1st Pool A vs 1st Pool B Semi-Final
7:00pm Game 4 1st Pool C vs 1st Pool D Semi-Final

Saturday Dec 4th
8:30am Game 5 2nd Pool C vs 2nd Pool D
10:00am Game 6 2nd Pool A vs 2nd Pool B
11:30am Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2 11th/12th
1:00pm Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2 9th/10th
2:30pm Loser Game 5 vs Loser Game 6 7th/8th
4:00pm Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 6 5th/6th
5:30pm Loser Game 3 vs Loser Game 4 3rd/4th
7:00pm Winner Game 3 vs Winner Game 4 FINAL 1st/2nd

Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:36 am

karnsharda12 wrote:

Hey Everyone

Coach Karn sharda
Drive Basketball

It is always good to have another perspective. Maybe it's just me, but given that this is a high school forum I wonder if it is really necessary that in order to share your opinions, we need to be taken to the Drive website. Drive is after all, a commercial enterprise and seeing that most of the featured players are Drive players in Drive uniforms, it feels a lot like advertising. Your opinions could easily be posted in the forum, just like everyone else. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 pm

baller1000 wrote:
It is always good to have another perspective. Maybe it's just me, but given that this is a high school forum I wonder if it is really necessary that in order to share your opinions, we need to be taken to the Drive website. Drive is after all, a commercial enterprise and seeing that most of the featured players are Drive players in Drive uniforms, it feels a lot like advertising. Your opinions could easily be posted in the forum, just like everyone else. Just sayin.

I felt the same too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:13 pm

d

Back to top Go down
View user profile
senthil

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 pm

My son plays jr ball on the Langley side. Although not to the level of Karn, I also did watch some of the players and teams. The Macmath is definitely a team to beat and I don’t know why Karn put his own team low. He has has got super pg, strong post and guards, pretty much all strong players in all positions. Everybody should watch out and it will be in the limelight pretty soon once the season starts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Mcmath is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overated. the top three teams in the province in my opinion are Kits, Wj, and vc in no particular order.
Back to top Go down
facts

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:01 pm

this year is different in richmond.. mcmath might not even get into v&ds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
3Dbball

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:45 am

quietly mcmath and burnett are going to legitamite contenders come provincials . I see the final four this year churchill ,VC, , Mcmath , Burnett . call me crazy but just wait

Last edited by 3Dbball on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruce

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 am

I can see that most of the people posting in this forum are kids and proably dislike mcmaths in your face border line dirty style of play as it can cause intense battles on the floor, but as a parent/coach and seeing first hand what they are capable of there spot in the top 3 is much deserved and I see the top 3 being VC , churchill , mcmath , and Kits not far behind . Any word on byrne creek this year are there stars playing up ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:07 am

coach b wrote:
I can see that most of the people posting in this forum are kids and proably dislike mcmaths in your face border line dirty style of play as it can cause intense battles on the floor, but as a parent/coach and seeing first hand what they are capable of there spot in the top 3 is much deserved and I see the top 3 being VC , churchill , mcmath , and Kits not far behind . Any word on byrne creek this year are there stars playing up ?

Glen is playing up and last I heard David is now probably going to play junior, but that can change very quickly. Assuming both players play up they won't be a provincial contender. One of their better players got injured this year and won't be playing. On the other hand I can see them making it far with David and Glen, but we'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 am

Glen and david will both be playing senior this year at byrne
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 am

karnsharda12 wrote:
Glen and david will both be playing senior this year at byrne

Karn, have you seen any valley teams other than wrca upto now? how are they?
Thank you,
James
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 am

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballerrr

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 am

I see McMath winning that tournament. All of those teams are not even ranked and they are all teams no one talks about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Today at 5:31 am

Back to top Go down

Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next