HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
coachD

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Mcmath is a legit contender to win this years provincials. What separates them from other great teams is their defence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 pm

coachD wrote:
Mcmath is a legit contender to win this years provincials. What separates them from other great teams is their defence.

Agreed, I think along with VC they will be the best defensive team in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Mcmath defense is good? WIth the way all you guys are talking mcmath must have improved by 110 percent because last year highley ranked teams had no problem with there defense.
Back to top Go down
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:25 pm

offensive rebounder wrote:
Mcmath defense is good? WIth the way all you guys are talking mcmath must have improved by 110 percent because last year highley ranked teams had no problem with there defense.

McMath's defense has always been good, they have a great coach in Karn and agressive players. You should never have started posting on these forums, from day 1 you've been pissing people off with your rude and ignorant comments. You're clearly close to Kits (probably one of there players) as I've previously pointed out. All you do is come here defending your team, while putting down others. Without Luka you guys aren't going to win and you won't beat Churchill, stop acting like you're better than everyone else. You don't see members of McMath here braggin about their team, all talk no show like you. Other players and coaches recognize that they're a well coached group of players who have what it takes to go far, something your team won't do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

McMath plays tough D. Karn is smart. Since he knows that other teams have better skilled players than his kids, he chose to focus more on stifling DEFENCE. Each player in his team harrass you and chase you out of the gym even if you have top offensive skills. His connections with Drive also helped him to draw more plays and defensive set ups. (although im not sure abt this). After all, aren't we all know that Defence wins championship. In addition to that he scouts all teams and understand their plays and devise his game accordingly. He has been working like this for the past one year and other teams lack the luxury of such a long preparations. Nothing short of championship is his goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:59 pm

JLivingston wrote:
McMath plays tough D. Karn is smart. Since he knows that other teams have better skilled players than his kids, he chose to focus more on stifling DEFENCE. Each player in his team harrass you and chase you out of the gym even if you have top offensive skills. His connections with Drive also helped him to draw more plays and defensive set ups. (although im not sure abt this). After all, aren't we all know that Defence wins championship. In addition to that he scouts all teams and understand their plays and devise his game accordingly. He has been working like this for the past one year and other teams lack the luxury of such a long preparations. Nothing short of championship is his goal.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:04 pm

BBaller wrote:
JLivingston wrote:

Well said.

As if all the scouting that he does isn't enough, as part of Drive staff, he gets to see all the top teams playing against each other at the tournament run by Drive. All teams beware of Karn.(joking)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachD

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:43 pm

At least I'm not the only one who will just accept the fact that mcmaths defense is solid. Mcmath is one of the most frustrating teams I've ever had to coach against. As someone mentioned before, they are not the most naturally skilled group of kids but they work hard and get the job done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fan

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 pm

I have seen lots of teams play last season and this past club season and i must say McMath (wildcats) really has improved drastically seeing them last year mid season and then this summer it was like different kids were playing that has to be a direct result of Karn and the way he runs his team i know hes the most passionate dedicated guy in high school basketball right now and i know everytime my son needs advice he messages karn directly and he always has something good to say back and i appreciate it Drive is lucky to have gotten Karn and i hope they utalize his talents as i can really see there teams do well in the states thanks to some hard work something they lacked last season. However i do still think VC is the team to beat they are very deep at all positions if they are playing the best in March they will be the champions. Also i have heard burnanby mountain has gotten some new players if that helps anyone they could be a threat in the junior division. good luck to all this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:09 am

Dec 16-18 We are playing in the 3rd annual Gary taylor classic out at OakBay i need a little help from whoever can help the draw for this tourney is
McMath vs Mt Doug
Oak bay vs Belmot

other side
SMUS vs Lord Byng
VC vs Lambrick Park

If anyone can help me out with Mt doug be much appreciated its going to be a great semi final friday in my opinion and the finals will be electric

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 am

Fan, you sound like Karn and you write like him.

McMath has improved in their offensive game from last year but they’re far from a defensive oriented team. They have good guards but they don’t really have a true center. They’re weak on the help side. Without big man to help blocking shots and rebounding they’re open to penetration and lose defensive rebound. To some degree, they suffer the Kits syndrome. Good guard and good center both have to be in place to be a provincial success. We shall soon see once the season begins who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:50 am

lefon jang- hahah that'd be mad loser giving self props bro not my style and i got a private message from fan and he is actually a drive parent just being a nice guy thought my boys were gettin bashed too much on here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valleyball

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:20 pm

dear Karn

First of all I commend you for your initiative in posting the junior rankings and for your enthusiasm for high school basketball. However, since the first posting of the rankings and your initial dialogue with the forums, I and probably others am becoming concerned with this.
Please understand I have no problems in the promotion of high school ball, but I really believe karn is treading some delicate and sensitive territory. Would rich goulet, rich chambers, randy coutts, bill disbrow or john dykstra be permitted to act in this manner? I do not think so, because they would understand they need to act as role models for other coaches and build their programs properly without engaging in this type of activity. Their personal focus is the respective school they coach at and they also undertstand as adults we need to channel our energy for the sport properly.Now, I am not accusing karn of anything unethical, but lets look objectivley of where this enthusiasm is heading. Now we have grade 10 players, NOT ADULTS, engaging in personal pissing matches on the forum all due to this overhyping of results and rivalries. Also, we have a coach who is using a public forum to promote his own school,( read his first post) via the rankings. Shouldn't this about the development of basketball rather than trash talking and innuendo about 15 year old players? Further, all coaches scout and are out there watching games etc, but does karn really have to be so extreme in this enthusiasm, or is there an agenda to recruit innocently.
If karn wants to post rankings, I have no problems with this, so long as his enthusiasm has some limits. Otherwise I think he may be the master of his own self destruction, as I already have heard of kids thinking of transferring to McMath due to this blog and karn's overhyped PR campaign. Please just build your program the right way. The accolades and recognition will come on its own without having to be so aggressive about it. In closing, I was hoping to refrain from writing, as I myself am very passionate about high school ball, but if one objectively reads all of karn's posts you begin to see a pattern. Watch when the next transfer after the point guard, (family reasons, ya right) goes to McMath. This ranking stuff and drive is just opening a door for karn and he should understand he is in somewhat of a conflict of interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 pm

d

Last edited by karnsharda12 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
Dear Valleyball- This forum has been around for years and KIDS have been on here talking about basketball for a long time time. If you had ever read the old stuff on hooplife.ca then you would really know just how popular this forum was a one time and it wasnt directed towards parents but more for the kids to talk about ball. I dont want to comment on other coaches like disbrow etc. because they are great people and i look up to them very much but to say i am using this as PR and to recruit just would like to let everyone know i will not be taking my Junior boys up with me to the senior levels i am actually unsure where i will be coaching next year so if you guys were considering trying to transfer to McMath to play for me thank you guys for the compliment but i wont be there next year at least on the senior level maybe i will take the grade 8's. I hope you understand valleyball i dont do this for accolades i do what i do because i love the game. Its a forum and valleyball i respect your opinion but dont mistake my enthusiasim for anything else it is what it is because ive decided to interact more with the kids and give kids more recognition its a bad thing? whos playing the game the kids not me not any other coaches the kids are the ones who go out there work their tail off to win i am just merely showing em some love no matter what the talent level. This game is fun people dont have to make this into recruiting battles and what coaches are doing what im a fan of this game i go out to senior games and junior games grade 8/9 games boys and girls i interact with the players as what i am big brother.

Well said. We should all remember it's about the kids, nothing else. Not refs, parents, coaches, admins, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I do not know the percentage of kids verses adults that are posting on these forums, but kids will be kids and adults should be adults! As for Karn, I personlly think you are doing a great job in creating interest and dialog... keep up the good work (adult and Mouat fan).

PS: Conflict of interest... I do not think so!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:07 pm

It’s not about the kids or the adults; it’s about basketball. Tell it like it is regardless of who you are. There’s no right or wrong, just your observations and opinions but be free of association.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:51 pm

karnsharda12 wrote:
Baller1000 and JLiv- I feel you but i just want to point out i started up writing rankings by doing it on this forum you like at Junior rankings forum i posted it as it was just my opinion. Now that i am with Drive i did these rankings with the help of my co-workers at Drive if im wrong in ur mind state it

Well you asked me to.

Yes you started rankings on the Junior rankings thread. On that thread you were telling people to go to the wildcats website for updates, "it will be posted on my website wildcatbasketball.ca under Junior rankings".

That website includes on its front page "Coach Sharda spends countless hours in the gym with his players and preaches work ethic and strong will. Coach Sharda led the McMath program turn around from their first season as 7th place finish in Richmond to 5th in the province in one year under coach Sharda" It also includes your own playing history in Grade 9??? and then a Testimonial page with parents singing your praises. [b]

At some point you joined Drive and felt the need to start yet another thread on the same subject, this time taking people to the Drive site.

Sorry, but I am having a hard time believing this is just about the kids.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klas.7

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 am

McMath may be a bit overrated in these rankings. They were blown out in games last year against quality teams. Although Dhaliwal will be a great addition, he's not a top 10 player, and thus cannot contribute in the same way (though his shooting touch is impressive).

St.George's has had a pretty heavy roster makeover, as they have lost 7 players from last year (Deklan Chung, The 2 Twins, 3 post players, and a key point guard). Tylon Barker will be looked at to lead the team, and many of their role players are able to step up and play a very team-oriented game. Their coach is undeniably worse this year, and that may lead to certain doubts.

Vancouver college is undoubtedly the best team of the class, as they don't have a single key player playing up at the varsity level this year. Gogy is one of the best shooters in the class, and their frontline is not only big/intimidating, but also quite skilled as far as playing their specific positions. Look for Mair to be more aggressive this year as well.

White Rock Christian has many doubts surrounding them, as they have lost Nathan, as well as having Tyus Allen play varsity ball once again. Vartan and Peter are great players, with Vartan being a lights out mid-range shooter (A hand in his face won't make any difference), and Peter has great athleticism, footwork, and an improved jumpshot.

Kitsilano will look for Mark and Tom to be aggressive scorers this year, and they will be taking many more shots than either of them did last year.

Churchill isn't the strongest team in the field, as they lack athleticism, proficient shooting, and perimeter defense.

Charles Best was a strange team in the 2010 Provincials for Grade 9. They came in ranked 5th, however didn't finish in the top half. Undoubtedly, their district is much weaker, but when the provincial tournament swings around, they'll have trouble competing with anyone.

Enver Creek will miss Aaron Nand and Gurkirat.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

I had taken this post to Junior rankings.

Last edited by JLivingston on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:18 pm

For all of the bashing that Kits has taken on this forum, the reality is they will be a good team. Even without Luka, they will have enough to be competitive and could be a sleeper team. May win it, or may not , but they will be very competitive against any team in the province.

From what I saw, the best player on white rock was the blonde hair guy - not sure of name. Big, fast and could shoot as he was the one who was lights out against Kits. They too will be a good team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller25

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

A

Last edited by BBaller25 on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Klas.7

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:51 pm

BBaller25 wrote:
How is palmer not ranked in this ?!?!
Only one person left their team, which will make an impact for sure, but it wouldn't make them be not ranked at all. With their deeply improved guards, such as Jimmy Park, who i seem to think is one of the fastest players out there. And their defence, led by hard worker Jimmie Collins, has highly improved. This team hustles hard, and deserves more credit as they were ranked #3 in B.C. last year.

The one person who left their team happened to be one of the best players in B.C., and scored the majority of their points last year. Jimmy Park is a great player, but guards like Kingston Chung and Alban Shala outclass him. As for Jimmie Collins, his value is probably most seen in the locker room and as an emotional leader for the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richcity

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Palmer cannot be ranked I repeat CANNOT . Ill be as polite as possible when I say this but Jamie Madewan was there team . Jimmy park is not a threat and too follow the forum rules of respect ill keep it at that . Its cute that Jimmy Collins is mentioned but really lets get serious here . I predict big time losses to there richmond competition in Burnett and McMath . Best of luck in grade 12 with Jamie averaging 90% of every offensive statistic .
Back to top Go down
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Richcity, its obvious your from Richmond and a player on probably Mcmath or Burnett.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings   Today at 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Drivebasketball.com JR Boys rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next