HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:56 pm

Here is the draw for Senior Boys at REB.

Thursday Dec 9
2 p.m. Jasper Place vs Bev Facey
4 p.m. White Rock Christian vs Medicine Hat

6 p.m. Scona vs Kelowna Secondary
8 p.m. Cochrane vs Woodrow Wilson (Texas)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j_rank1

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 am

Watched JP tonight. They can't shoot so tip for everyone "PLAY ZONE" against JP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
disturbed

PostSubject: Wow   Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks so much for your intricate analysis of JP and their offensive ability. You watched a whole game and came to the conclusion from that single effort they can't shoot. You also assume that a team that may be inconsistent from the perimeter won't be effective vs. a zone. Your ability to understand the finer aspects of the game is astounding. Any other thoughts for us?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j_rank1

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:55 am

Ok I will get simpler for you. In basketball if you can't shoot the ball it will be difficult to win. Teams are not going to consistently let you penetrate the lane and score. A well coached team like Shep will take away your strength and force you to beat them with something you don't do well in this case JP has no real outside threat who can consistently hit a jumper.

Also they show a shocking lack of ability to even hit a pull jumper in the lane. You remember the pull up jumper don't you, most players today can't hit one! and its going the way of the medium range jumper. You can't master something you don't practice! and when kids spent most of there time shooting 3's and going to rack the art of hitting (shooting) a pull up jumper or medium range jumper is forgotten.

I suspect JP will get a healthy dose of zone all year unless the opposing coach is stupid and plays them man which is entirely possible with the level of high school coaching in Edmonton these days! Is there one Edmonton player playing CIS that was in high school last year. I can't think of any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High Flyer

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:23 am

Well j_rank, it looks like you are a genius. Did you hear the results from the games last night? J. Percy Page beats Ross Sheppard......so any words of advice now? I guess Page must be the favorite to win it all this year, since they beat the team that beat the defending city champion in Jasper Place.

Give it a little time before you start throwing out comments about how terrible everyone is or else you are going to end up like another JP basher on the forum last year that couldn't say anything positive about JP, all the while going on about how great Shep and Ainlay were. So what happened last year, JP beats Shep in the city final by 30 in an undefeated league seaon. My point......don't jump on a team because you watched them once in early December after they have had about 6 practices because that has a way of coming back to haunt you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j_rank1

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 pm

They are my opinions and I stand by them. We are all allowed opinions right? unless of course your opinion is the one that we should all hold!! Page beat Shep excellent maybe competition finally and you think maybe Shep played down the competition and under estimated Page? Also Page has new coach who did good things at Wagner when he was there and they (Wagner) have done nothing since he left there! I seem to remember he beat Shep when he was at Wagner also.

As for JP and Ainly well Ainly played m2m and lost and yes I was there. I seem to remember saying that your best chance of beating JP is to play zone!! and I will stand by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
disturbed

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 pm

From my experience most good coaches play m2m early in the year, and bring in a zone after Christmas or exam breaks. Within a zone, you still must have m2m concepts and abilities, so it does not surprise me HA played m2m. Will be interesting to see how it plays out over the year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: Woodrow Wilson (Dallas, TX)    Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 am

Woodrow Wilson (Dallas, TX) plays tonight(Thursday) at 8 p.m. in the Centre Gym. Here is where some of the players are being recruited by.

Curtis “Trey” Davis - Bradley, UNT, Hampton, Colorado, SMU, Univ South Florida, Western Carolina, SIU, Portland State
Chuka Eneh - The Citadel, Columbia, Darthmouth, Colgate, Western Carolina
Mark Brown - University Illinois Chicago (Committed)
Justin Daniels - Stephen F Austin, SMU, Western Illinois, Colgate,
Adrian "AJ" Crump - Okla State, Univ. South Florida, Portland State,
Devon Williams - Okla. State, LSU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: REB Results   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Reb Results are available at http://www.jasperplace.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162&Itemid=318
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: Friday REB Matchups   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:07 am

Friday REB Matchups

Championship Side
6:00 p.m. Jasper Place vs White Rock Christian
8:00 p.m. Kelowna vs Woodrow Wilson (TX)
Consolation Side
2:00 p.m. Bev Facey vs Medicine Hat
4:00 p.m. Scona vs Cochrane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j_rank1

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 am

Well another stunning example of all that is wrong with high school ball in Edmonton and what is right with HS ball in BC. JP beats Ainly earlier in the week and then plays a White Rock Christian team that is good but no where as good as they have been the last couple of years and with a line up of mainly grade 11 embarrasses JP by almost 30 on JP's main court!

White Rock was disciplined, defended great in the m2m, didn't turn the ball over and cruised to easy victory. Considering this is a probably a better Warrior team next year the loss was was very telling as to all that is wrong in Edmonton. If this is our best team its going to be a long year of ugly basketball.

Let's see JP turned the ball over, played selfish, couldn't defend a street sign, can't rebound (I'm sure White Rock had 20 "O" boards), can't shoot and basically have no energy, passion or urgency. With White Rock having a third of the population of JP its even more telling. Just show's what good coaching can do! Right now JP playing like a team that does not enjoy the game and that sorry falls on the coaching.

Bring back Stanley please! At least they had some fire!

Kelowna vs Dallas Wilson was special. Number 11 and 23 on Kelwona would be the best two players in Edmonton by far and they are both grade 11's.

Sorry but the pickings are very slim Edmonton!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: REB Sr Boys   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:10 am

Saturday's Games

Third Place Game 4:00 p.m.
Jasper Place vs Kelowna

Championship Game 8:00 p.m.
White Rock Christian vs Woodrow Wilson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
give-it-a-rest

PostSubject: New Name But Same Negativity   Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:40 am

j-rank1 or should I say dpark1. You can change your username but we can see your negativity hasn't changed. Go coach your own team and quit being so negative about JP and Edmonton high school basketball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j_rank1

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:44 pm

If only I had a team to coach! I guess the truth hurts!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebel Hoops

PostSubject: REB Tournament Final Results   Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:04 am

REB Saturday Results

Championship Game
Woodrow Wilson (TX) 117 White Rock Christian (BC) 65

Third Place Game
Kelowna Secondary (BC) 104 Jasper Place 94
Back to top Go down
View user profile
runninred

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:07 am

j_rank1 wrote:
Well another stunning example of all that is wrong with high school ball in Edmonton and what is right with HS ball in BC. JP beats Ainly earlier in the week and then plays a White Rock Christian team that is good but no where as good as they have been the last couple of years and with a line up of mainly grade 11 embarrasses JP by almost 30 on JP's main court!

White Rock was disciplined, defended great in the m2m, didn't turn the ball over and cruised to easy victory. Considering this is a probably a better Warrior team next year the loss was was very telling as to all that is wrong in Edmonton. If this is our best team its going to be a long year of ugly basketball.

Let's see JP turned the ball over, played selfish, couldn't defend a street sign, can't rebound (I'm sure White Rock had 20 "O" boards), can't shoot and basically have no energy, passion or urgency. With White Rock having a third of the population of JP its even more telling. Just show's what good coaching can do! Right now JP playing like a team that does not enjoy the game and that sorry falls on the coaching.

Kelowna vs Dallas Wilson was special. Number 11 and 23 on Kelwona would be the best two players in Edmonton by far and they are both grade 11's.

yes jp's play this year hasn't been up to par with past years but you have to remember that there was a lot of roster turn over and a complete coaching turn over. if you look at any professional sports league when there is a lot of player turn over and a coaching turn over it takes a while before things start clicking. you have to remember that even though jp hasn't been matching the identity it had under Stanley that's because it's a new coaching staff and a new identity that this team has to find. don't ask me what it will take for them to figure out what there new identity is but when they do they will able to compete for city title again and at provincials.
when you talk about how jp played at mike dea you have to remember they lost in the finals at mike dea and won cities and #1 ranking out of edmonton so as long as they don't let how they've played so far shape their season. if they're still playing like this during provincials than complain because they have had all year to find they're identity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ominous

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 am

runninred wrote:
j_rank1 wrote:

yes jp's play this year hasn't been up to par with past years but you have to remember that there was a lot of roster turn over and a complete coaching turn over. if you look at any professional sports league when there is a lot of player turn over and a coaching turn over it takes a while before things start clicking. you have to remember that even though jp hasn't been matching the identity it had under Stanley that's because it's a new coaching staff and a new identity that this team has to find. don't ask me what it will take for them to figure out what there new identity is but when they do they will able to compete for city title again and at provincials.
when you talk about how jp played at mike dea you have to remember they lost in the finals at mike dea and won cities and #1 ranking out of edmonton so as long as they don't let how they've played so far shape their season. if they're still playing like this during provincials than complain because they have had all year to find they're identity

J_rank..... have you checked their calender? It is December! The finals are in March! Stop pissing about how JP sucks or the coaching staff. I am sure the new coaching staff has enough trouble have to live in the 'Stanley Shadow' but really- it's December. Let them find themselves as a team before writing them off.

Another thing, it's easy to sit in the stands and examine what is wrong with a team. Get behind the bench! See how many hours of VOLUNTEER time the coaches put in. Get some headaches because parents are complaining about playing time. Stay away from your family for upwards of 500 to 600 hours while coaching. Its easy to say that JP can't play m2m....then step up, show up to a practice and ask if you can run the show for a while. I am certain the coach would love to have a guest coach such as yourself to run some drills. I am sure the the coach would love to hear the sub rotations you have in store for the team. I am certain that your philosophy fits right in to what the players would love to do. Apparently, you are the right thing for coaching in Edmonton.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:09 pm

j_rank1 wrote:
Kelowna vs Dallas Wilson was special. Number 11 and 23 on Kelwona would be the best two players in Edmonton by far and they are both grade 11's.!

#11 and #23 are two of the best in BC regardless of grade, they'd be two of the better players anywhere. It is nothing against Edmonton ball that they would be two of the best in Edmonton as they are both extremely talented players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11   Today at 10:04 pm

Back to top Go down

REB Senior Boys Draw Dec 9 to 11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1