HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

L.C.I. tourney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NuthinButNet

PostSubject: L.C.I. tourney   Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:06 am

Does anyone have the draw for this? and if so what are your preditions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: not sure   Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:58 pm

I've heard that LCI will be there (lol) as well as Harry Ainley, Raymond, Magrath, Western Canada and Cardston, not sure of the other 2 teams.

Raymond will have to transition from their recent repeat pig skin championship, so look for some crossbody tackles at mid-court! They lost several key players, but seem to always have talent waiting in the wings, not to mention last year's leading scorer in the south.

Cardston, as usual, will live and die by the three. Teams that learn to guard the perimeter can keep them at bay.

Both of these teams love to run and gun putting set offence/defence teams on their heels. Too bad FIBA slowed them down.

Ainley - they lost a key player but always have the 'no boundry' advantage of bringing talent year after year. I'm not sure they'll have the strength of last season.

LCI - it's strange that one of the largest schools in Lethbridge with a rich athletic history has gone so many years without a competative team (I realize they lost one incredible athlete before last season).

Magrath is there too, not sure what they have left from their senior turnover and coaching change.

Western may very well take this tournament, they have imported one of the point guards from the Alberta provincial team and have a strong returning crew. Look for them to tear up Calgary this year.

Barring injury, Raymond may still have enough to take out Western and take home the Green and Gold Trophy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

I take it Canuck you are talking about James J. that left LCI for greener pastures in the US. Yes he was a talent; too bad arrogance and his attitude sucked so bad.. oh well he is gone now and still everyone is saying only if.... How about this with LCI; support your team.. They should be top 10 year in and year out but the the WHOLE athletic program there has gone in the toilet due to lack of administration support. CCH runs 100x better program and its sad to see the Rams slowly flushing down the toilet. Raymond and Cardston are the only true basketball programs left in the south with CCH coming a distant 3rd(not from a lack of trying.
The LCI tourney used to be a highlight of many peoples bball season as people got a glimpse of the upcoming season. I would love to see that again BTW I was pleasantly surprised to see RHS and their DESTROYING of Paul Kane. They dismantled them in the first QTR.
RHS vs Cardston will be interesting with Skylar wearing the blue and white after wearing the red for so long. This will be an interesting matchup all year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
el tigre

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Heard Skylar's injured. Wrecked his knee first game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
canuck

PostSubject: scores or updates?   Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Can someone summarize day one for us?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
treyfactor

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Yea he is injured but out how long?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NuthinButNet

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 pm

Who won the Thurs games and Todays games? both Bys and GRLs games anything even if its one game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NuthinButNet

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:42 pm

well i heard that Raymond Boys and Girls teams lost to who ever they played but im not sure any other games?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rickjames93

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 am

on thursday western raymond cardston and lci wont their games and then on friday cardston defeated lci in a blowout and raymond was beaten by western with a 10 point spread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NuthinButNet

PostSubject: Re: L.C.I. tourney   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 pm

GIRLS

7th Place
Western over Mt. Baker 64-45

Consolation
Paul Kane beat Magrath 68-61

3rd place game
Raymond crunches L.C.I 81-37

Championship game