HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 am

Certainly not going to argue who has the better rivalry but it looked like the scene from the movie "Hoosiers" when Harvey fans headed home tonight with all the headlights bumper to bumper heading out on the highway. What great support they showed their team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 am

Rudas wrote:
Certainly not going to argue who has the better rivalry but it looked like the scene from the movie "Hoosiers" when Harvey fans headed home tonight with all the headlights bumper to bumper heading out on the highway. What great support they showed their team.

Reminds me of the year the GM boys went AA. Played in the afternoon. Race to the last boat after that game. Boy do I miss that. Congrats to McAdam and damn that game sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:49 am

Everyone will have there rivalry teams and not everybody sees games all around the province but Dalhousie and Campbellton has to be up there with the best of them yeah some games and years are not always great but there is usually a battle between these two teams that has been going on for sometime now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
casualobserver

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 pm

I have to say that in the rivalry game between McAdam and Harvey, the rivalry stayed on the court--no obnoxious fans, just two communities rooting positively for their teams. It showed a lot about the two communities' fan-base, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Although there is a very good rivalry between the two teams from McAdam and Harvey the players are the best of friends. Harvey players come to McAdam on the weekends and stay over at the McAdam players and visa versa. Before the game Saturday some of the Harvey players were at Ben Coburn's place having pizza! The two communities are very competitive but also very good friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Great Rivalries exist all over the province:

GM vs Campo
McAdam vs Harvey
Woodstock vs CNHS
Sugarloaf vs. Dalhousie
Fredericton vs Leo Hayes
Saint John Schools
Moncton Schools
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 pm

I would love to know what are the alltime records between these schools, Which coach has the most wins in NB?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm

salmonking wrote:
I would love to know what are the alltime records between these schools, Which coach has the most wins in NB?

I'd have to think Ron Hooper????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Defensewinsgames

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 am

Boas 98-02 wrote:
salmonking wrote:

I'd have to think Ron Hooper????

Having coached for close to 55 years with many winning teams in there and numerous provincial champions... I have to agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 am

Maybe Cotter at FHS. He was won a pile of provincial titles (34 maybe???) and for many years FHS did not lose a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:18 am

Interesting AAA result.... KV beats LHHS in final of Riverboat ...KV coach was in paper boasting that his team is getting ready for stretch run , and that LHHS is the team to beat in NB AAA boys hoops..( probably right on that one) ...the AAA boys is looking to be anybodys to win...a lot of parity at the top...RHS , KV , LHHS , FHS, BMHS and maybe BHS all in the running with 2 weeks left...gonna be a wild finish...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:06 pm

Not many coaches spend time on their own bandwagon, kinda puts the KV team in everones cross hairs. He better get ready because most teams love to knock off the favorites. Good for the other former high flyers to spend some time out of the bright intense light.

Wait a second here; who is trying to direct that light in another direction. Where is fatman from anyway?
Back to top Go down
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Very Happy GO LIONS!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

obcnamtaf wrote:

Who are you trying to kid BHS is the best team in the league come on now stop playing your little games lahhhahaah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GM Breaker '84-'88

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Rudas wrote:
Although there is a very good rivalry between the two teams from McAdam and Harvey the players are the best of friends. Harvey players come to McAdam on the weekends and stay over at the McAdam players and visa versa. Before the game Saturday some of the Harvey players were at Ben Coburn's place having pizza! The two communities are very competitive but also very good friends.

No doubt that McAdams rise to the top has helped this rivalry. The story would have been better if the pizza was laced with ex-lax...

The Campobello - GM rivalry - boats have been sunk. Ok, maybe not - but it sounded good. I think this is a different rivalry because it is not land locked like the McAdam - Harvey rivalry. I'm not saying its a better rivalry, just different. You can't drive 20 minutes to Campobello. My father who coached many years and witnessed many GM games, always told me - he saw people at GM/Campo games that he never saw at any other games. Anotherwords, they weren't even fans. That was the one game they would attend for the year.

Its good to see McAdam maintain their program, its not easy to keep producing quality players and teams from a small population...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:49 pm

GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Rudas wrote:

No doubt that McAdams rise to the top has helped this rivalry. The story would have been better if the pizza was laced with ex-lax...

The Campobello - GM rivalry - boats have been sunk. Ok, maybe not - but it sounded good. I think this is a different rivalry because it is not land locked like the McAdam - Harvey rivalry. I'm not saying its a better rivalry, just different. You can't drive 20 minutes to Campobello. My father who coached many years and witnessed many GM games, always told me - he saw people at GM/Campo games that he never saw at any other games. Anotherwords, they weren't even fans. That was the one game they would attend for the year.

Its good to see McAdam maintain their program, its not easy to keep producing quality players and teams from a small population...
It's good to see you back GM.
The Campo GM and Harvey McAdam rivalry are the best in New Brunswick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:22 pm

JMA/Belleisle have a good rivalry going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:28 pm

highlightreel wrote:
obcnamtaf wrote:

Who are you trying to kid BHS is the best team in the league come on now stop playing your little games lahhhahaah

Damn , your no fun at all..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 am

lol hardly seems like a rivalry to me when the Belleisle boys drive an hour in a snowstorm to watch the JMA girls play, celts4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm

haha what?

I'd say that JMA and Petty is a long lasting rival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

HS11-13 wrote:
GM Breaker '84-'88 wrote:
Rudas wrote:

It's good to see you back GM.
The Campo GM and Harvey McAdam rivalry are the best in New Brunswick

Can agree with that. These four schools are awesome to play at on Friday nights, I have done it in all 4. The GM crowd and fans are dying down now though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Another big game is being played this week in Fredericton on Firday night. FHS and LHHS are playing in the Mike Fitzgerald Memorial game. I've been to each of these games and this rivalry and this game would match any in the province.

Last year's game had over 1,200 people in the FHS gym...you couldn't move and couldn't hear.

This year it's being held @ the PIT at UNB...hopefully, they'll have another great crowd. It should be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lebronrocks

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

I have been to these games...wild and crazy baby !!! Come on down folks !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Sugarloaf plays Dalhousie friday u know what happened last time these 2 teams met...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 am

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
Sugarloaf plays Dalhousie friday u know what happened last time these 2 teams met...
I predict a blow out win for Sugarloaf. Dal is coming off several games with weak opponents and exam week. Won't have the same edge as last time. Sugarloaf will want revenge for close call. SSHS by 30+
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Today at 1:04 am

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next