HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

haha I wouldn't call half a bleacher full a packed house Driver..Regardless should be a good game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samsquanch27

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:30 pm

driver59 wrote:
Belleisle at JMA Monday night, the girls play first then the boys , should be a wild one with a packed house
Was looking at the East standings on NBIAA site. Seems that this game will pretty much decide second place (and therefore third) in the East. Is this correct? or am I missing something?
For the boys that is.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:46 pm

samsquanch27 wrote:
driver59 wrote:
Belleisle at JMA Monday night, the girls play first then the boys , should be a wild one with a packed house
Was looking at the East standings on NBIAA site. Seems that this game will pretty much decide second place (and therefore third) in the East. Is this correct? or am I missing something?

I believe you are correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:57 pm

No. The standings are not updated. JMA is missing 2 wins. (Sussex and Cambridge home games). Record is actually 11-3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:14 pm

samsquanch27 wrote:
driver59 wrote:

The standings aren't up to date, but if Belleisle has only lost two games they would have a pretty good shot at finishing second, if they beat JMA tomorrow night. Especially since they beat JMA the last time they played.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

the stands are full when both teams play the same night , most times anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 pm

in order for jma to finish second they will have to beat belleisle by more than 4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

The JMA vs. Bellisle game is big in terms of qualifying for sectionals this is really about whether they think they can beat Dalhousie/CNBA and who you would rather face to move on to the next weekend.

Harvey vs. McAdam part 2 is this Wed.

THough with the way Harvey defends I can't imagine McAdam beating them by 22+ to secure the #1 spot. THis means a tough semi at the SW regional between DPCS and McAdam then the winner vs. Harvey. I still think DPCS has enough to win the SW regional but Harvey's win on Sunday makes their road and chances that much better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:19 pm

then more than likely see the DPCS Harvey final with the loser headed to probably sugarloaf where no team really wants to be come the second weekend!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:50 pm

belleisle over jma by 16 final 81-65. this means belleisle is practically garaunteed 2nd in the east followed by jma.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:04 am

Sugarloaf at CNBA today. If CNBA can pull off the upset they would move to 2nd in the North. Sugarloaf win and CNBA is third with Dal 2nd and ECB 4th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cobras23

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

hey, i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me when and where the regionals are held this year?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Cobras23 wrote:
hey, i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me when and where the regionals are held this year?

Could still be a couple of changes, but as it stands now
AA Girls @ Tobique(Hosting at Hartland High) and @ Caledonia
AA Boys @ Harvey and @ Sugarloaf

Not sure of which zones are hosting in AAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Sugarloaf at CNBA today. If CNBA can pull off the upset they would move to 2nd in the North. Sugarloaf win and CNBA is third with Dal 2nd and ECB 4th.
Sugarloaf over CNBA so the North is settled.
#1 - Sugarloaf
#2- Dalhousie
#3 - Central NB
#4 - ECB (has the tie break over stanley)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Maripac30 wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:
Sugarloaf over CNBA so the North is settled.
#1 - Sugarloaf
#2- Dalhousie
#3 - Central NB
#4 - ECB (has the tie break over stanley)
Barring a disiaster, the south is settled as well
Harvey
McAdam
Campobello
Grand Manan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 am

harvey over grand manan yesterday, harvey vs mcadam being reschedueled again! tuesday this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:30 am

nbball wrote:
harvey over grand manan yesterday, harvey vs mcadam being reschedueled again! tuesday this time.

Was a very good game. GM were up by 11 at half time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Harvey over McAdam again today by 23 or so, Harvey is now showing everyone the team they really can be!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
casualobserver

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Another well balanced attack from the Lakers, as they played well most of the game, winning comfortably 82-62. Harvey led 20-11 after one quarter with good team play. McAdam brought it to within four early in the second, but Harvey played well toward the end of the quarter, leading 34-21 at the half.

Harvey came out very strong early in the second half, leading by as much as 27. Some struggles from the Harvey bench saw the lead cut to 12 in the fourth quarter, but Harvey's starters helped pull away again on the way to the twenty point win.

Harvey completes league play tomorrow evening at home against the Breakers. With wins yesterday and today, Harvey clinches 1st in the South, and the right to host one of the two regional 'AA' boys tournaments.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:58 pm

So, GM loses to Harvey by 10 yesterday. McAdam lost by 22 last week and 23 today. Does this mean that GM could be better than McAdam?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Ball Player 06/08-10 wrote:
So, GM loses to Harvey by 10 yesterday. McAdam lost by 22 last week and 23 today. Does this mean that GM could be better than McAdam?

All that matters this weekend is if GM can be better than Devon Park, the bigger floor will help, but they have their work cut out for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm not sure this is necessarily true. My guess is it is a combination of factors. Firstly Camp, GM and even Fundy have played everyone else in the south incredibly tough since Jan. Secondly Harvey is most likely not getting up for GM the way that they are getting up for game vs. Mcadam. GM is also a scrappy defensive team that tries to keep games close to win them. McAadam plays 2-3 zone that is intended to keep teams from scoring enough so that their best players can score enough to win. They will play in 50-60 pt games or 70-80-90 point games just as happily. GM can't afford the possesions and points to play in those sorts of games. GM vs. Harvey is two teams that want to d up and play a low scoring game. Harvey has enough size and physicality to cause more serious problems for moffit then most team in the south.

That being said. McAdam has won enough to basically lock themselves a place two weekends from now in sectionals and only need to peak then, provided they can win a pretty easy regional game.

GM on the other hand has to prove they can play tough vs. DP who shredded them earlier in the year. GM is tough and dangerous, I just don't think they can score enough to keep up with DP.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 pm

CoachDJR wrote:

I'm not sure this is necessarily true. My guess is it is a combination of factors. Firstly Camp, GM and even Fundy have played everyone else in the south incredibly tough since Jan. Secondly Harvey is most likely not getting up for GM the way that they are getting up for game vs. Mcadam. GM is also a scrappy defensive team that tries to keep games close to win them. McAadam plays 2-3 zone that is intended to keep teams from scoring enough so that their best players can score enough to win. They will play in 50-60 pt games or 70-80-90 point games just as happily. GM can't afford the possesions and points to play in those sorts of games. GM vs. Harvey is two teams that want to d up and play a low scoring game. Harvey has enough size and physicality to cause more serious problems for moffit then most team in the south.

That being said. McAdam has won enough to basically lock themselves a place two weekends from now in sectionals and only need to peak then, provided they can win a pretty easy regional game.

GM on the other hand has to prove they can play tough vs. DP who shredded them earlier in the year. GM is tough and dangerous, I just don't think they can score enough to keep up with DP.

I agree with you. i was just pointing out that it's surprising just how shocking things can end up being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Mcadam over Fundy tonight by 31, any other scores tonight???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

harvey over grandmanan by 3 .. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Today at 8:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top