HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 pm

As far as the Campo boys go, their starting 5 is strong, but they have a very limited bench. They were actually up on Harvey near mid point only to lose by 20 or so. I would guess it could be a similar story vs GM. As far as the girls game, shouldn't be really close, I am guessing a 25+pt win for GM, depending on how Veysey plays the 4th quarter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:12 am

lakerhater wrote:
As far as the Campo boys go, their starting 5 is strong, but they have a very limited bench. They were actually up on Harvey near mid point only to lose by 20 or so. I would guess it could be a similar story vs GM. As far as the girls game, shouldn't be really close, I am guessing a 25+pt win for GM, depending on how Veysey plays the 4th quarter.

Mcadam plays Fundy this weekend i do believe , and who are their starting 5? Tyler Howlett is the only one who has something good. Its going to be a good game for both. I think Grand Manan will win with their deep bench. My prediction is 80 - 70. For GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:41 am

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
lakerhater wrote:

Mcadam plays Fundy this weekend i do believe , and who are their starting 5? Tyler Howlett is the only one who has something good. Its going to be a good game for both. I think Grand Manan will win with their deep bench. My prediction is 80 - 70. For GM.

For them to stay with Harvey through the first half, they must have a solid starting line, one guy isn't going to do that by himself. GM shouldn't take them too lightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Campo only has seven players; they are able to start off very strong, but they look exhausted by the second half. Howlett is great and they have some solid players but their lack of depth prevents them from being an elite team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Tyler Howlett is a great player but he isn't all they have. They do have a supporting cast in Jeremy Mills, Gavin Parker, Stefan Mitchell and William Carroll. After that it does drop off quite a bit. They do have 8 players now as they have brought up junior player Tyler Netznik. He is big and strong, but lacks experience and needs some work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Not meaning to jump ahead because there are still lots of interesting games this weekend but the game of the week next week will be Sugarloaf vs Devon Park. They are playing next Friday as part of the Condors Christmas Classic tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Just got word Campo beat GM by 7 or so. I guess Tyler had a great game again. Not the start to the season GM had hoped for I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 pm

lakerhater wrote:
Just got word Campo beat GM by 7 or so. I guess Tyler had a great game again. Not the start to the season GM had hoped for I'm sure.

Tyler was great. Was a good game and not a game I think the GM team expected.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 pm

FYI for those following AAA scores...Bathurst High over Harrison Trimble 100-73 tonight. No surprise by that except that the guard (Daley # 22) didn't play due to an injury and the stat line of the night was held by States (# 21).
30 pts , 19 boards , 8 assists , 8 steals , 10 blocks....impressive vs any opponent...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 am

This weeks game of the week comes from the Condor Classic.
(1)Sugarloaf(9-1) vs (4)Devon Park(6-1).

Rematch from the AC last year, the teams haven't changed much, can Devon Park surprise and upset Sugarloaf, not impossible but it could happen. Going to be very interesting indeed!

My prediction, Sugarloaf 89 Devon Park 73. Not a terribly close prediction, but this will still be the game of the week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Agreed, believe it or not I'm hoping that DPark pulls it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm

How much did DP lose by at the AC this spring?
Back to top Go down
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:01 pm

I think by 7 or 8 right around that area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:07 pm

64-60
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:08 pm

I just checked it was 4, lead by 2 hit 2 Ft's with few seconds left according to box score.

Do you think they are still sort of even or Sugarloaf has an edge?
Back to top Go down
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Is anyone else surprised that Campo beat Grand Manan on the weekend??? I thought the Breakers had plenty of depth maybe they are not game ready yet...Kudos to Campo for getting it done on the big island with 8 players or is it 9?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:29 pm

I would say Campo over GM is a little surprising but not tremendously so.

Campo plays together and does simple effective things. They clearly know their roles and abilities and have played together (8th game of the season) clearly defined scorers and role players.

GM has better depth of talent but were split up last year with various coaches over the last few years. Lots of playing time but not as much practice or game time leading up (2nd game of the year).

Its too bad that meaningful games happen in Nov. but thats life. I would think a 6 point win in Campo in Feb. would say more about GM then a 7 loss in Nov. but that's losing the split. GM will have to make sure they win all the ones they are supposed to from here on out and hope to get a big win at Campo later in the season.

I do think that Greg Walker is making a huge impact in Campo if nothing else but going and playing whoever whenever wherever. Other years Campo would struggle to have played 20 games, this year I think they are playing closer to max.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm not surprised, Campobello is underrated in my opinion. I don't quite believe the Grand Manan hype just yet, 0-2, though the 2 losses were to good teams, just isn't doing it for me yet, they might emerge as a contender but it seems they have some work to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:36 pm

Boas 98-02 wrote:
I'm not surprised, Campobello is underrated in my opinion. I don't quite believe the Grand Manan hype just yet, 0-2, though the 2 losses were to good teams, just isn't doing it for me yet, they might emerge as a contender but it seems they have some work to do.

Grand Manan will be good, I find that when I came back to Grand Manan to watch them play, they thought that Campobello would be an easy team. The boys were leading the whole game until the fourth quarter. Tyler Howlett played the hell out of the Breakers and scored 35+.. The Breakers go away this weekend to play in the Subway Classic, while the Vikings go away and play in the CNBA. It will be a great match up in January to watch the Breakers and Vikings. My prediction is Grand Manan with a 10 point advantage win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 pm

The CNBA tournament is after christmas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlotteCountyBall

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
Boas 98-02 wrote:

Grand Manan will be good, I find that when I came back to Grand Manan to watch them play, they thought that Campobello would be an easy team. The boys were leading the whole game until the fourth quarter. Tyler Howlett played the hell out of the Breakers and scored 35+.. The Breakers go away this weekend to play in the Subway Classic, while the Vikings go away and play in the CNBA. It will be a great match up in January to watch the Breakers and Vikings. My prediction is Grand Manan with a 10 point advantage win.

I had faith in the Breakers i really thought they were going to win the game. i see no IMPROVEMENT in the Breakers from last year, they gained some talent but also lost some last year. The problem Grand Manan has is to work the ball around, passing, and holding their ground in clutch situations. I now predict they will be third but most likely fouth at best, going into McAdam and Campobello soil (only games left againt these teams which are away) will not be any advantage. It was their time to shine at home in the season play off running spots against Campo and McAdam now there in a sticky situation. But this is my prediction, who knows they could turn something around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 am

Both Campo and Grand Manan will be dangerous come playoff time in Feb. In a one and your done scenario they are capable of being giant killers....the longer they hang around the more they become a threat. Gotta put them away early ... if you can. Basketball is alive and well here in the Dirty South!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 pm

This weeks game of the week is (1)Suagrloaf vs (2)McAdam. Look out in Harvey, this ones gonna be insane!!! Really you can pick any game in Harvey this weekend as the game of the week, but I think this will be it!

My prediction SSHS 75 McAdam 68
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Last weeks Game of the week will be tough to match, This weeks game is:

(2)McAdam @ (5) CNBA

A chance for the Nighthawks to silence the critics, a big loss will make them louder though. McAdam is just out to do what they do...win.

Prediction

McAdam 78 CNBA 68
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I think this weeks game of the week will be Sugarloaf versus Dalhousie, always ahuge rival between these 2 teams especially when they only live like a 20 minute drive from eachother. This game will basically be a do or die for both of these teams because whoever wins this game will more than likely get to host their aa regional at their school cause the regionals will be hosted in the north this year i believe. Should be an exciting game even though Sugarloaf is the favorite Dalhousie always has something up their sleeve...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Today at 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next