HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:19 pm

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
I think this weeks game of the week will be Sugarloaf versus Dalhousie, always ahuge rival between these 2 teams especially when they only live like a 20 minute drive from eachother. This game will basically be a do or die for both of these teams because whoever wins this game will more than likely get to host their aa regional at their school cause the regionals will be hosted in the north this year i believe. Should be an exciting game even though Sugarloaf is the favorite Dalhousie always has something up their sleeve...

Sugarloaf has beaten Dalhousie at least 3 times this year by 40 plus...i hope Dalhousie has a Christmas miracle up their sleeve.

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:51 am

Big game played in Fredericton last night .The leo Hayes boys beat the Black Kats by 20 , in conference play. Winner of that conference gets to host regional tournament this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thehump

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 pm

obcnamtaf wrote:
Big game played in Fredericton last night .The leo Hayes boys beat the Black Kats by 20 , in conference play. Winner of that conference gets to host regional tournament this year.

Leo Hayes hosted the South-West AAA boys Regional last year. I believe this Regional will be in the Southern Conference (ie Saint John area) this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Sugarloaf is pretty much a lock to host the North East AA Regional. Dal would have to beat them by over 40 or CNBA would have to beat them by more than 18 or so (Might be wrong on the score of their game but I think it was 18). Don't see either happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Well the McAdam / CNBA matchup is going to have to be one heck of a game to outdo the match I watched in DAlhousie tonight.
Sugarloaf 64 - Dalhousie 61. Condors didn't quite pull off their Christmas miracle but they were damn close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 am

Maripac30 wrote:
Well the McAdam / CNBA matchup is going to have to be one heck of a game to outdo the match I watched in DAlhousie tonight.
Sugarloaf 64 - Dalhousie 61. Condors didn't quite pull off their Christmas miracle but they were damn close.

I agree, that was the best AA game I've seen so far this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roddogg04

PostSubject: I have to say it was one hell of a game and some teams better be prepared to play dalhousie it will be a battle!!!   Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:00 am

salmonking wrote:
Maripac30 wrote:

I agree, that was the best AA game I've seen so far this season.
[b][b

Last edited by roddogg04 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : teams need to be good in Jan Feb right!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:34 am

I was also at the dalhousie game last night and it was one hell of a close one, Doug did bench 4 players for the first 15 mintues of game time due to missing classes tho. That might have helped dal get on a role and they kept the momentum the whole game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Maybe but Dalhousie turned the ball over a lot in the first half really unforced turn overs so if they would have taken care of that earlier they prob would have beaten Campbellton by ten or 15 points. Dal played really good D so Campellton didn't get a chance to shoot there 40 threes they normally shoot a game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 pm

"Campellton didn't get a chance to shoot there 40 threes they normally shoot a game"

SSHS hit the shots when it counted, they turned that game from a 10pt lead to a 4pt game in seconds hitting back to back 3s. These guys play each other in a couple of weeks again then we will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 pm

I didnt see them playing any special d, sugarloaf was just really cold, probably the worst shooting performance of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Any score from the McAdam / CNBA game tonight???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnb

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 pm

C.N.B.A over Mcadam by 24
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnb

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 pm

ballnb wrote:

the score was 77-53
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43 pm

guest321 wrote:
I didnt see them playing any special d, sugarloaf was just really cold, probably the worst shooting performance of the season.

My coach always says that there is a high correlation between level and intensity of defence and shooting percentages...the better the defence , the lower the shooting percentage...hmmmmm.....any truth to that ya think ? Could your poor shooting performance have anything to do with the other teams defence ??....naaaaw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 pm

obcnamtaf wrote:
guest321 wrote:

My coach always says that there is a high correlation between level and intensity of defence and shooting percentages...the better the defence , the lower the shooting percentage...hmmmmm.....any truth to that ya think ? Could your poor shooting performance have anything to do with the other teams defence ??....naaaaw!

Don't talk so foolish, man. There is never good defence, just off shooting nights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:45 am

ballnb wrote:

This week is full of surprises. I guess it shows that AA boys is more wide open than people think. Sugarloaf is still the heavy favorite and if they play well should probably win but there are 5 or 6 other teams who have shown that, if they get on a roll at the right time, could take this thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:39 am

dalhousie is showing improvement and could be tough to handle come playoffs. i dont know what to say about the cnba/mcadam game... was mcadam playing their bench or did cnba beat them playing at full force legitimately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballnb

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:12 am

It was a legit win, The score was 12-12 at the end of the first quarter. C.N.B.A lead by 9 at half
Back to top Go down
View user profile
straightshooter

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Your right there was no SPECIAL D it was just good D that didn't let a team, who normaly shoots a ton of threes get minimal good looks and forced them to play inside the arc. If they want to think they were just cold and still prepare the same way for games well that will be good for Dalhousie and the rest of the teams towards the end of the season. Status Quo is good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:18 pm

in case anyone is following ( this thread is called "game of the week" ) BHS vs LHHS , game 4 ( Bhs up 2 games to one ) at the Thunder Valley on Monday at 2:00pm...should be another good one....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:43 am

As you can tell no one cares about AAA ahhaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:05 am

BHS beat LHHS in round robin play. LHHS beats BHS in the final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:31 am

I believe the CNBA McAdam rematch is toinght
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:41 am

I am going to predict McAdam by 20+ over C(NBA) tonight. Now I know this will be considered a cut and slice of the C(NBA) program and many kids from the river will get their feelings hurt but you know I gotta think when the tire is flat on one side it still goes thump thump down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next