HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game of the Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:50 am

A couple other game to look at this week is CNBA vs Cal, and JMA vs CNBA, JMA vs Cal. Only team who will be in regional, and we could see possibly all three team advance to provincials..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
driver59

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:09 pm

HS11-13 wrote:
I believe the CNBA McAdam rematch is toinght
please post the score as soon as you can very interested in that game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:48 pm

McAdam over CNBA by 15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:05 pm

74-59 McAdam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:07 pm

McAdam didn't have Cleghorn either. He was seen on the bench in a green cast. Apparently broke his wrist snowboarding over Christmas. Alex Johnson played a great game..18 points. Speaking of seen...did anyone see Boas there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm

P&R814 wrote:
McAdam over CNBA by 15
This was a great one to watch, both teams made tough shots all game long. I was impressed by CNBA,they will be a dangerous team to play come playoff time..... they played a box and one the entire game... #7 and #4 from CNBA guarded Brandon Moffitt all game. Moffitt did a great job of distributing the ball to his teammates who are starting to show signs of steppin' up their game.
#5 from McAdam (grade 9) 6'3" Jason Anderson is getting more playing time now that the Warriors are without one of their bigs 6'3" (grade 12) Dustin Cleghorn for a month due a broken wrist he suffered as the result of a snow boarding accident over Christmas break. Dustin will be back in time for zones. This is Anderson's time to shine he hit key shots in the 4th quarter of tonights game that put CNBA away....he is starting to show signs that he is takeing his game to the next level. Great game "BIG COUNTRY"!!

One question for you Boas....Does the coach always sit most of his bench? His group of 7 he used looked tired at the end?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Boas won't answer becuase he would consider that a slanderous statement.
Back to top Go down
Underdog

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Who coaches CNBA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Congrats McAdam on a well deserved win! I didn't get there to see the game unfortunately, but I bet our boys were tired at the end, they haven't been abe to practice in 2 weeks due to the floor at the school being redone! That's not an excuse either, even with 2 full weeks of practice u can't win a game only playing 3 quarters! From what I've heard McAdam just simply ate us up in the 4th! Not sure where the hunger has gone but it'll be a quick exit in Feb if we keep this up, def not a top 3 team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Underdog wrote:
Who coaches CNBA?

Brett Black
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:55 pm

You're a trooper Boas. I was there and make no bones about it, your boys are a quality team. Yes you have the two big guys but I was also impressed with your #4. He shot well from outside, drove to the basket with success, and played very good defence on Moffitt. As well, as one of the few adults on here I must say they carried themselves well both during and after the game. Considering the ribbing you take on here you should be proud of your boys. Represented CNBA very well tonight. I wouldn't want to play them in February in a one and go home game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm

the teams from the east have no chance there big measuring stick is cnba which has improved but are looking in from the outside. Dalhousie played campebello and belielle not sure of the spelling on that one lolol stanley all those teams with there bench playing most of the games they didn't show up to play from what i can see in there second game against Cnba they should have beaten them again by 20 or more. All this talk about these east teams is unrealistic. Dal and mcadam took Cnba lightly that is what happens now they have a false sense of hope and the teams that came close to them have that same false hope. your top teams are campbellton, devon park, harvey Dalhousie, Mcadam, and cnba the rest doesn't matter they will play for the rest of the spots. Dal needs to show up if they don't they are easy to beat but when they do show up your in for a battle. Most likely going to be a Campbellton Devon park harbour station game unless harvey or dalhousie can get hot in the playoffs and this is as real as it's going to be fellas like it or not lolololol maybe mcadam might surprise as well as dal or harvey but that is the extent of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Mr. highlightreel speaks english in way that understandable to all. Give me a few of those loaded potato skins to go, heavy on the sour cream.
Back to top Go down
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

This week's big game is Harvey vs McAdam in McAdam's tournament (Hampton and SJHS also there). Should be a good game, and it will be interesting to see if Harvey can finally get a big win against the upper tier of AA (from what I can tell they are 0-6 against Sugarloaf, MHS, and DP).

Last edited by pg7 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach12

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Does anybody know who's in the Riverboat this weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

also interesting in Mcadams tournament is Saint John and McAdam with Andrew Mcgillicudy playing against his former school. Interesting to see him and moffit go at it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

league games to determine #1 are the best big games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
highlightreel

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Big game tonight Backville vs Dalhousie who will win what will it do to the standings the excitement is unreal lololol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P&R814

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Update on the tournament in McAadam, Harvey beats Hampton by 19 and McAdam beats Saint John high by 11 with Brandon Moffit scoring 54 points!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Campobello beats GM by 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:46 pm

swballa wrote:
Campobello beats GM by 2.

Wish I was there to see that one. The streak is still alive for Campo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Harvey and McAdam in the John Smith final...gym is absolutely packed and the atmosphere is insane between these two rivals. For those geographically challenged Harvey and McAdam are located 20 minutes apart. 62 to 41 warriors after three quarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Rudas wrote:
Harvey and McAdam in the John Smith final...gym is absolutely packed and the atmosphere is insane between these two rivals. For those geographically challenged Harvey and McAdam are located 20 minutes apart. 62 to 41 warriors after three quarters.

Would be insane I am sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Excellent game by both teams and the crowd was great for both teams. Nice comeback by Harvey in the fourth to cut a 24 point deficit to 5 in the final minute, but ultimately they came up short. Some may say there was bad officiating (Harvey had 3 players foul out), but McAdam deserved to win this game and held things together for 40 minutes. It will be interesting to see the rematch next Friday (League game) in Harvey; this may be the best rivalry in AA (although Campo and GM might argue that).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:05 pm

pg7 wrote:
Excellent game by both teams and the crowd was great for both teams. Nice comeback by Harvey in the fourth to cut a 24 point deficit to 5 in the final minute, but ultimately they came up short. Some may say there was bad officiating (Harvey had 3 players foul out), but McAdam deserved to win this game and held things together for 40 minutes. It will be interesting to see the rematch next Friday (League game) in Harvey; this may be the best rivalry in AA (although Campo and GM might argue that).

GM and Campo would be, but the travel I think ruins it. Back in the old days when the teams just came across the channel in fishing boats, it probably was better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Week   Today at 6:41 am

Back to top Go down

Game of the Week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next