HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:21 pm

WELL, THE SEASON HAS STARTED AND EVERYBODY IS KINDA GETTING A FEEL OF WHO IS STRONG AND WHO IS NOT. LOOKS LIKE THE WEST SIDE OF THINGS ARE AS EXPECTED, TV AT LEAST + 40 OVER EVERYONE ELSE. tHE SOUTH LOOKS LIKE GM AND RNS AND THE NE LOOKS LIKE STANLEY IS THE TOP DOG. ARE THERE ANY ARGUMENTS?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:10 pm

JMA almost beat GM last weekend in the Petty tournament. Was like a 5 point game or something. My only observation so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

EastSide wrote:
JMA almost beat GM last weekend in the Petty tournament. Was like a 5 point game or something. My only observation so far.

I believe it was 9 or 11 pts. Not knocking JMA but if anybody knows GM girls teams coached by Veysey, they always get better and better as the year progresses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 pm

not to knock GM, but if JMA would have hit more then 25 % of their shots they would have won that game. It was an 8 point game, but the game only got separated within the last 5 minutes of the game. JMA was up at some points, I don't think you have any reason to try and indirectly say that JMA isn't as good as GM is going to be...Who's to say that the JMA girls aren't going to get better over the season? Last year, in the playoffs, the boys took sugarloaf to overtime in the playoffs under the same coach. I think next time GM and JMA meet up, JMA comes out on top. So if GM is getting some mention, you better believe that JMA should get some too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Not to dis anyone . But did the brown girl play for GM ??? I heard she rolled her angle and never played . Did you watch the game eastside and did she play?? I know last year JMA had a good team but I thought Culpis ( hope I spelled that right) graduated and she was by far there top scorer .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I watched the game. I don't know players by name sorry. But none the less, It was still a close game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm

EastSide wrote:
I watched the game. I don't know players by name sorry. But none the less, It was still a close game.

Jesseca Brown did not play in this tournament.. The GM girls weren't hitting very many shots by what Veysey told me. Brown played for only 5 minutes in this tournament.. watch out for GM. they play Mcadam this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm

TVHS and RNS are both in Bathurst this weekend . Hopefully they will meet somewhere so we can get an early season look at how they match up . RNS picked up a couple JV players that will help them and so did TV .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 pm

AA Fan wrote:
Not to dis anyone . But did the brown girl play for GM ??? I heard she rolled her angle and never played . Did you watch the game eastside and did she play?? I know last year JMA had a good team but I thought Culpis ( hope I spelled that right) graduated and she was by far there top scorer .

Jessica did not play in our game. She played about 5 minutes in the first game, only. Brittney Colpitts graduated, last year. Score was 39-31.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
celtic

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:53 am

Coachmac wrote:
AA Fan wrote:

Jessica did not play in our game. She played about 5 minutes in the first game, only. Brittney Colpitts graduated, last year. Score was 39-31.

If you know AA girls ball, Jess is a top 3 player in the province....GM will be around come playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:13 am

celtic wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
AA Fan wrote:

If you know AA girls ball, Jess is a top 3 player in the province....GM will be around come playoffs.

I never said that GM wasn't going to be around. I was saying that JMA had a close game against GM, then you went all fanboy on me and called JMA out while defending your beloved island. You GM'ers, from what I read, are a lot like Winston Churchill...You should defend your island, whatever the price may be. Maybe you guys should stop being so one dimensioned and biased and look at things through a different point of view. Of course GM is going to be good, but maybe you should give some teams some credit to and stop being a pessimistic hater of other teams in the province.

I swear, i've looked through this board and at least 50 % of you guys are from GM and at least 40% of you guys are negative. We know GM is going to be around in the playoffs, we don't need fanboys jumping on every post when we try to give credit where credit is due.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SouthConf

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:47 am

EastSide wrote:
celtic wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
AA Fan wrote:

I never said that GM wasn't going to be around. I was saying that JMA had a close game against GM, then you went all fanboy on me and called JMA out while defending your beloved island. You GM'ers, from what I read, are a lot like Winston Churchill...You should defend your island, whatever the price may be. Maybe you guys should stop being so one dimensioned and biased and look at things through a different point of view. Of course GM is going to be good, but maybe you should give some teams some credit to and stop being a pessimistic hater of other teams in the province.

I swear, i've looked through this board and at least 50 % of you guys are from GM and at least 40% of you guys are negative. We know GM is going to be around in the playoffs, we don't need fanboys jumping on every post when we try to give credit where credit is due.

you are retarded..
all i said that was Jess didnt play.. im sure you will be okay , stop getting your panties all up in a bunch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:04 am

EastSide wrote:
celtic wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
AA Fan wrote:

I am not from GM...if anyone has seen my posts, it is quite evident i am from Carleton County. you may want to try taking some Prozak to settle your nerves. I'm glad to see things have heated up on the girl's side though!!

I'll be interested to see the score if TV happens to play RNS at that tourney AA has mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 am

Baller 2010-11 wrote:
EastSide wrote:
celtic wrote:
Coachmac wrote:
AA Fan wrote:

you are retarded..
all i said that was Jess didnt play.. im sure you will be okay , stop getting your panties all up in a bunch

Was I even directing my post towards you? I think not. Perhaps you should think before your post.

BTW retarded is really not an accepted term in the modern english language as an insult in this day and age. Before you start taking personal shots maybe you should read...Or even a better one, indulge in attempting to not make pathetic insults towards people. I mean I could go on, but frankly you were out of context.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stripes

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm

[/quote]

you are retarded..
all i said that was Jess didnt play.. [/quote]

In the words of Peter Griffin, please don't use that word, we prefer liitle people
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: TVHS did pick up some JV girls. They are very deep now. I really can not see any AA teams challenging them this year.   Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:04 pm

AA Fan wrote:
TVHS and RNS are both in Bathurst this weekend . Hopefully they will meet somewhere so we can get an early season look at how they match up . RNS picked up a couple JV players that will help them and so did TV .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm

blah, blah, blah same old crap. can't you people just find something to talk about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:49 pm

The JMA game vs Grand Manan was an 8 point decision and had Jess Brown played, it would not have even been close. She is worth a minimum of a 25 point swing. GM played McAdam this weekend and even with Veysey rolling his lines, they won by 53.
This all being said, TV is in a class by themselves with Stanley a distant second in the East. RNS wil be the starting favorite in the other side with GM a close second. Dark horses should be SV, Caledonia and perhaps Peti, but I honestly don't see anyone else factoring in. Someone mentioned earlier in another post that Harvey could contend, they are very week, aspiring for 3rd in the south at best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 pm

The rest of the AA girls teams in the province are playing for second. Tobique is just too strong. Goodine will score 40+ while adding big assists and rebounds. Then you have the other big girl who can light you up too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:13 pm

A rematch between JMA and Grand Manan will go down on the Island during their tournament the weekend of December 10th and 11th. Although it was not a dirty game, I'm sure both teams are out to prove themselves the second time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 pm

rap$tar wrote:
A rematch between JMA and Grand Manan will go down on the Island during their tournament the weekend of December 10th and 11th. Although it was not a dirty game, I'm sure both teams are out to prove themselves the second time around.

This game won't even be close, I will come back to this after they play Dec. 10th, 11th. I guarantee the game will not be within 20 pts. The Breakers played without Jess Brown the first time, something they didn't even go into the game prepared to do. Those games they played in Peti were by far their worst games of the season. They are playing solid basketball right now and the only reason it will not be a total blowout is because Veysey will start rolling his lines by late in the first half.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:30 pm

lakerhater wrote:
rap$tar wrote:

This game won't even be close, I will come back to this after they play Dec. 10th, 11th. I guarantee the game will not be within 20 pts. The Breakers played without Jess Brown the first time, something they didn't even go into the game prepared to do. Those games they played in Peti were by far their worst games of the season. They are playing solid basketball right now and the only reason it will not be a total blowout is because Veysey will start rolling his lines by late in the first half.

We are just going for the hospitality and the ice cream. The score doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

LOL @ CoachMac. How refreshing to see a coach that understands that it's not all about winning. I'm sure the girls will remember the fun times they had as a team far longer than the number of games they won.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:34 pm

rap$tar wrote:
LOL @ CoachMac. How refreshing to see a coach that understands that it's not all about winning. I'm sure the girls will remember the fun times they had as a team far longer than the number of games they won.

Haha....you really don't know me. I hate to lose. Fun shmun.
Back to top Go down
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Well I wish you luck on your excursion to the Island, fingers crossed none of your girls will become sick on the ferry ride LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Today at 9:05 pm

Back to top Go down

ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next