HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
celtic

PostSubject: tournaments this weekend   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:32 am

What teams are in the GM tourney this weekend?

Also, I bekieve TV is travellling to Dal this weekend for a tourney, What teams are there.

TV is also participating in the Potato Barell over the x-mas break. I know Fred, CN, and TV will be there. Anybody know the other teams.

lots of question...lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am

The GM tourny isn't this weekend, it's next weekend. GM is at the Topof the Hill tourny at RNS with RNS, Harbour View, Oromocto, Hartland and St Stephen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

lakerhater wrote:
The GM tourny isn't this weekend, it's next weekend. GM is at the Topof the Hill tourny at RNS with RNS, Harbour View, Oromocto, Hartland and St Stephen.

Ok...it's next weekend but does anybody know the teams at the 3 tournaments?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:05 pm

The Dal girls tourney has Moncton High, Sugarloaf, JCS, Stanley, and TV. This could possibly be TV's third banner in as many weeks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 pm

baller24 wrote:
The Dal girls tourney has Moncton High, Sugarloaf, JCS, Stanley, and TV. This could possibly be TV's third banner in as many weeks.

I don't think there is any question that it will be their 3rd banner. Hopefully they will get some competition at the Potato Barrell against some AAA teams. I am going to go out on a limb and say they will get their 4th at that tourney. Maybe Fredericton or WHS will give them a decent run!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 am

I am sure FHS will give Tobique a run at the potato barrel. Lets hope they meet up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:04 pm

CoachMac were still waiting on your rankings, I know you must have a solid idea now since the seasons up and going.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: AA Girls Standings - Week ending Dec. 5th   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:45 am

EastSide wrote:
CoachMac were still waiting on your rankings, I know you must have a solid idea now since the seasons up and going.

Okay, I just took a shot at it and will update weekly. Here it is:AA Girls Rankings
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
20yearcoach

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 pm

I think that is pretty close - RNS's tournament was a good one this weekend - GMCS won a close final (10 points) over RNS.
RNS is still playing well even with out the Simonds girl - if she is back at all this year GMCS and RNS will be battling it out for the spot against TVHS in Harbour Station!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

EastSide wrote:
not to knock GM, but if JMA would have hit more then 25 % of their shots they would have won that game. It was an 8 point game, but the game only got separated within the last 5 minutes of the game. JMA was up at some points, I don't think you have any reason to try and indirectly say that JMA isn't as good as GM is going to be...Who's to say that the JMA girls aren't going to get better over the season? Last year, in the playoffs, the boys took sugarloaf to overtime in the playoffs under the same coach. I think next time GM and JMA meet up, JMA comes out on top. So if GM is getting some mention, you better believe that JMA should get some too.

Just to clarifythe above statement, Grand Manan defeats JMA 77 - 22 with Veysey rolling his lines. Could have been way worse than that.
I am posting this only to back up what I had said much earlier, GM played very poorly the last time they played and Brown didn't play at all. It was not an in-your-face analysis, I just know this team and their capabilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:36 pm

When did JMA play GM again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 pm

They played at 12:45 this afternoon on Grand Manan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Just looked at the sched..It was that bad was it? Is it just one exhibition or is their a tournament going on down there..Seems like a pointless trip is they are only playing one game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:47 pm

A four team tournament, Peti and Nackawick are the other 2 teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:57 pm

lakerhater wrote:
EastSide wrote:
not to knock GM, but if JMA would have hit more then 25 % of their shots they would have won that game. It was an 8 point game, but the game only got separated within the last 5 minutes of the game. JMA was up at some points, I don't think you have any reason to try and indirectly say that JMA isn't as good as GM is going to be...Who's to say that the JMA girls aren't going to get better over the season? Last year, in the playoffs, the boys took sugarloaf to overtime in the playoffs under the same coach. I think next time GM and JMA meet up, JMA comes out on top. So if GM is getting some mention, you better believe that JMA should get some too.

Just to clarifythe above statement, Grand Manan defeats JMA 77 - 22 with Veysey rolling his lines. Could have been way worse than that.
I am posting this only to back up what I had said much earlier, GM played very poorly the last time they played and Brown didn't play at all. It was not an in-your-face analysis, I just know this team and their capabilities.

No, it couldn't have been way worse than that. I played all 16 of mine, too.

Last edited by Coachmac on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:06 pm

I figured something was suspicious, it being a 50 points games...I am assuming the game got let away early so their was no point in tiring out the top players..Am I right CoachMac? I know the GM girls are not 50 points better then JMA. They obviously had a much better game. Hopefully JMA meets them in the crossover and plays them as good as they did in petty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:36 pm

EastSide wrote:
I figured something was suspicious, it being a 50 points games...I am assuming the game got let away early so their was no point in tiring out the top players..Am I right CoachMac? I know the GM girls are not 50 points better then JMA. They obviously had a much better game. Hopefully JMA meets them in the crossover and plays them as good as they did in petty.

The game did get away early, after a 4-3 start, GM went on a 27-0 run (all in the first quarter) with JMA starters on the floor, I suppose at that point he may have pulled them off so as to save them for later, not sure. There is no crossover due to time constraints with the ferry, it is a round robin. Since Peti defeated JMA by 8, perhaps if GM beats Peti handily then you may be convinced that GM is 50 pts better than JMA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slam Dunk

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Seems like the GM and JMA fans are getting a little testy with each other. What was the score after the first quarter and at half time? Maybe they need to make it a best of 5 series?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm

lakerhater wrote:
EastSide wrote:

The game did get away early, after a 4-3 start, GM went on a 27-0 run (all in the first quarter) with JMA starters on the floor, I suppose at that point he may have pulled them off so as to save them for later, not sure. There is no crossover due to time constraints with the ferry, it is a round robin. Since Peti defeated JMA by 8, perhaps if GM beats Peti handily then you may be convinced that GM is 50 pts better than JMA.

One of the starters came out part way through the first, I believe, due to foul trouble and sat the rest of the half. We have two league games this week and once I knew we couldn't win the game, I decided I would play the bench as much as possible the rest of the weekend.

For the record, at this point, GM is much better than we are.
Back to top Go down
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:44 pm

I will admit GM is better...but not 50 points top players vs top players.

CoachMac..you shouldn't say things like that. If the girls read statements like that how can they believe if you don't? If you believe that keep it to yourself. Don't make the girls feel like they have no hope going into provincials. You might as well just quit the whole season if you believe GM is much better. Whats the point then, right? I think that is a pretty flawed technique for a coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm

They might have a chance in the South, but then you got to go through Tobique at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:04 pm

EastSide wrote:
I will admit GM is better...but not 50 points top players vs top players.

CoachMac..you shouldn't say things like that. If the girls read statements like that how can they believe if you don't? If you believe that keep it to yourself. Don't make the girls feel like they have no hope going into provincials. You might as well just quit the whole season if you believe GM is much better. Whats the point then, right? I think that is a pretty flawed technique for a coach.

Opinion noted.

Last edited by Coachmac on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm just giving you general advice. Take it, leave it. I know if I was a player and seen my coach having no faith in my team in high school I would have been torn. Sure, you might have that opinion, but it's not right to have no faith on your team on a public forum. It's just respect. When I used to coach, I wouldn't go around saying we have no chance to win the game. I'd tell the team to play the best they can and that they could win any game. This forum probably put a lot of pressure on players as it is, as a coach you should take some initiative. This isn't the NBA, Any team with decent talent can beat compete with any team any given night, believe me I've seen it happen throughout the province.

Last edited by EastSide on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 pm

EastSide wrote:
I'm just giving you general advice. Take it, leave it. I know if I was a player and seen my coach having no faith in my team in high school I would have been torn. Sure, you might have that opinion, but it's not right to have no faith on your team on a public forum. It's just respect. When I used to coach, I wouldn't go around saying we have no chance to win the game. I'd tell the team to play the best they can and that they could win any game. This forum probably put a lot of pressure on players as it is, as a coach you should take some initiative. This isn't the NBA, Any team with decent talent can beat compete with any team any given night, believe me I've seen it happen throughout the province.

And maybe you should value my opinion, because it's a hell of a lot more sensible that anything you post on this forum.

My team will be the first to tell you they prefer my honesty. That way when I compliment them they know I'm not just giving them idle fluff.

Last edited by Coachmac on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

They are high school girls, not WNBA players. And I don't actually talk to your team, I just find out through different means of communication.

Last edited by EastSide on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?   Today at 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down

ANY NEW AA GIRLS PREDICTIONS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next