HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Senior Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trey

PostSubject: Senior Forum   Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:48 am

Anyone know of another site that focuses on Senior Basketball. This was a good place to come last year and although I respect everyone's right to their opinion this site has become a place for self-promotion (Drive) and for grade ten players to talk about themselves and their schools. The trash talk further degrades the quality of the dialogue and does nothing but make the trash talker look bad. Bottom line, if you're really good other people will talk about you, if you aren't you are reduced to talking about yourself and that is pathetic. So, is there another site for hoops in BC that is more interesting and has more talk about seniors ball. Please let me know if there is.
Sincerely,
A basketball fan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:53 pm

I totally agree with Trey. There is waaay too much trash talking on this site. Leave it on the court or for the street ball. This forum should be for informed opinions on teams/players and the bball season in general as well as information on results, events announcements etc...
I realize that the official rankings aren't out yet and the seasons haven't started yet but speculation on the upcoming seasonns can be fun. I think okanaganball should suspend any members that don't use the forum for what it should be used for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Let’s be fair, I haven’t seen any posts from Drive that promotes themselves or their programs. All they did was put up a Junior Ranking and it was done under one topic, ‘Drivebasketball.com JR Boys Rankings’.

Last edited by Lefon Jang on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm working my hardest to delete any topics that don't further a discussion (eg trash talk, spam, etc.). You can message me with a link to a topic or post if you think it should not be there, I will take a look and make my best judgment. We can make this a good place for discussing basketball in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bc coach

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 am

okanaganbball wrote:
I'm working my hardest to delete any topics that don't further a discussion (eg trash talk, spam, etc.). You can message me with a link to a topic or post if you think it should not be there, I will take a look and make my best judgment. We can make this a good place for discussing basketball in the province.

Thank you for doing the right thing, i appreciate your efforts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 am

okanaganbball wrote:

Need of the hour. please ban spammer like sean o'sullivan who is insulting the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:35 am

JLivingston wrote:
okanaganbball wrote:

Need of the hour. please ban spammer like sean o'sullivan who is insulting the forum.

Unfortunately I have the authority to lock topics, delete posts/topics, etc. but I don't have the authority to ban. I can pass names along to the Admin and they ban these people. That is what I suggest you do. I will forward the name too. Just click contact at the very bottom of this page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senior Forum   Today at 5:15 am

Back to top Go down

Senior Forum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1