HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Girls tru pre-season rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bballfan

PostSubject: Re: Girls tru pre-season rankings   Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Going into the Exam break in Calgary the the top two teams are Centennial and Western. Churchill is 3rd and will probably finish there come the City finals. By virture of Scarlett's win over St Mary's and the rest of their schdule is very easy, Scarlett will finish 2nd to Centennial in the South Divison and the way the playoffs work will finish no worse than 4th in the City and secure at least the last spot for provinicals. St Mary's would probably have to get by Churchill to move on.

In the deep south I believe Raymond and Catholic Central will advance. Cardston just does not seem to have enough talent this year to compete with the best. Based on the Cardston tournament results, it looks like no teams in the south will be a threat in the Provincials, as Centennial went down there and crushed everyone, beating Raymond in the finals by at least 35 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Southfan

PostSubject: Re: Girls tru pre-season rankings   Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

bballfan,
where did you get your info? The Raymond game was the semi final.
Centennil beat Cardston in the final by 29.
And yes Cent. is a very good team!!!!!! I would say they should be number 1 in the Province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballfan

PostSubject: Re: Girls tru pre-season rankings   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Sorry Southfan, my memory is not what it use to be. You are right. They beat Raymond in the semi-final. I do believe that it was still by about 35 points.

Yes Centennial is a very good team, but I believe that if Western gets its point guard back (she was on the JV provincial team last summer) they will be the team to beat in Calgary. She was hurt this summer and has yet to play this season.

Still think that O'Leary is the best team in the province right now with Centennial and Western 2 and 3 and Spruce Groove 4th and they could move up when completely healthy. Those will be the 4 teams that will compete for the Provincial title this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lycurgus1011

PostSubject: Re: Girls tru pre-season rankings   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

The Churchill Roses tournament will be a nice preview of 4A provincials.
-Gus
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls tru pre-season rankings   Today at 4:36 am

Back to top Go down

Girls tru pre-season rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3