HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
baller24

PostSubject: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:35 pm

The front runner was RNS but TVHS beat them 78-38 on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ball Player 06/08-10

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:14 pm

GM has the guards to do it, very deep on the bench with guards. Lacks size and post players so we will see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dixon34

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 am

stanley girls have a chance ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:06 am

If you do not have size you will not stand a chance. TVHS has 2 big girls that will dominate, with one of them (Goodine) being able to move like a guard. They are also very deep now with their JV Girls team all moving up to senior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopsdawg

PostSubject: Tobique   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:34 am

This might have been a classic case when a team should of moved to AAA to benefit their kids and program since winning AA last year...they will not be touched and the only thing that might get to them will be lack of competition and boredom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 am

They could definitely compete in AAA. This would be a significant accomplishment for a school their size, as I believe they are really a single A school.

I have heard that Tobique beat Bathurst High on the weekend? Does anyone know if this is correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:04 am

Yes baller24 they beat Bathurst on the weekend using all 14 players . It is a great accomplishment for a school that will graduate 44 kids this year .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 am

Thank You. I also heard that Bathurst beat FHS by 30 on the weekend. Can anyone confirm this? If this is accurate maybe Tobique should play FHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 am

Bathurst beat FHS in boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:02 am

baller24 wrote:
The front runner was RNS but TVHS beat them 78-38 on the weekend.

It is not likely anyone will touch them. GM has the best chance but won't come close until the end of the season when it counts. I still just don't think they have what it takes. I hope TV finds some AAA tournaments to play in this year as it would be interesting to see how they fair against much stronger teams.

AA Fan.....Do you know if you guys are playing any stiffer competition in the near future?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AA Fan

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:38 am

Celtic : I am not sure of all of TV's schedule but I do know they are playing in the potato barrel classic with CNHS , FHS , Woodstock , Tantramar and Mcnaughton also I believe that CNHS and Fortfairfield Maine the defending state champs are in the Valhala this weekend . I do know that it is hard this year to pick up extra games against the AAA since the games got reduced from 36 to 32 games . And in all fairness if you are coaching a large school would you want to use one of your few games to play a team that is not going to compete with you in the end of the year .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:04 am

It will be good for them to play these bigger schools to help them stay focused. The only team that will beat them in AA will be themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 am

AA Fan wrote:
Celtic : I am not sure of all of TV's schedule but I do know they are playing in the potato barrel classic with CNHS , FHS , Woodstock , Tantramar and Mcnaughton also I believe that CNHS and Fortfairfield Maine the defending state champs are in the Valhala this weekend . I do know that it is hard this year to pick up extra games against the AAA since the games got reduced from 36 to 32 games . And in all fairness if you are coaching a large school would you want to use one of your few games to play a team that is not going to compete with you in the end of the year .

I am going out on a limb and saying they will have a good chance at winning both of these tournaments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:23 am

I would say they are the favourite for the Valhalla but at the Potato Barrel when you are throwing FHS into the mix???? It would be very difficult for a school Tobique's size to compete with FHS. Could you imagine though if they happened to beat them, or even just keep it close??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:36 am

baller24 wrote:
I would say they are the favourite for the Valhalla but at the Potato Barrel when you are throwing FHS into the mix???? It would be very difficult for a school Tobique's size to compete with FHS. Could you imagine though if they happened to beat them, or even just keep it close??

I don't follow AAA quite as close but correct me if i am wrong. Will Woodstock and FHS both be equally strong this year. I know Riverview is way ahead of the pack but i thought there were 2 or 3 other teams that were kinda going to be scrappin it out for that other spot at Harbour Station? If this is the case, TV played WHS last year with only roughly a ten point spread. I think TV can run with any of those AAA teams although the backcourt is definately not as strong as the front
Back to top Go down
View user profile
student

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 am

this past weekend our kats girls team played for 5th. injuries are hurting us right now. wdstk played to 2nd place lost by 7 to horton. they had beat that team earler along with Lhhs and trimble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Small schools RULE!!!! Great work TV beat FHS.......I love the fact that small rural schools can beat the GIANTS. All supporters of single "A" schools will be pulling for you on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obcnamtaf

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:44 pm

heheheh...warrior..hate to burst your bubble,,,but iy was BHS (Bathurst High) not FHS that TV beat...still a big school but hardly in the same snack bracket as FHS... still good on them for takin on the big dawgs!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:49 pm

From what I hear, TV didnt just beat BHS, they hammered them by 40+. All while playing all 14 players evenly. I would like to see them up against FHS to see what would happen. FHS would never play them, unless they had to in tournament. FHS has nothing to gain by playing a single A school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Celtic : I am not sure of all of TV's schedule but I do know they are playing in the potato barrel classic with CNHS , FHS , Woodstock , Tantramar and Mcnaughton also I believe that CNHS and Fortfairfield Maine the defending state champs are in the Valhala this weekend .

I do believe TV plays the big dawgs this weekend!! Hello....I'm still in a bubble...fatmancbo:santa:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoosier fanatic

PostSubject: rns maybe?   Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:53 pm

If RNS is able to get their star player Anna Simonds back who is out for almost the remainder of the season n time they could give tobique a run for their money because she was hurt the game before they played tobique so RNS wasnt at full strength
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:07 am

One girl would not have changed the outcome of this game. Tobique played all 15 girls evenly and still won by 40. If they would have kept their starters in they would have beat them by 80 or more. The only thing that can beat Tobique this year will be themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celtic

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:02 am

hoosier fanatic wrote:
If RNS is able to get their star player Anna Simonds back who is out for almost the remainder of the season n time they could give tobique a run for their money because she was hurt the game before they played tobique so RNS wasnt at full strength

It's a good thing to have faith in your team but Anna would make very little differance against this TV team. They are just way too good! I believe you will see GM VS TV at Harbour. Although Veysey can pull some amazing wins out, i just don't believe he has the staff this time around. I would have like to have seen TV gone AAA this year. I can't blame them for wanting another title as small schools seldom get this kind of talent but on the other side of things, they just are not challenged in AA this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
halfhobbit

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 am

celtic wrote:
hoosier fanatic wrote:

It's a good thing to have faith in your team but Anna would make very little differance against this TV team. They are just way too good! I believe you will see GM VS TV at Harbour. Although Veysey can pull some amazing wins out, i just don't believe he has the staff this time around. I would have like to have seen TV gone AAA this year. I can't blame them for wanting another title as small schools seldom get this kind of talent but on the other side of things, they just are not challenged in AA this year.

This would have been a good year for them to go AAA, except when you move up you are up for 2 years. I doubt next year they'd be able to compete in AAA. They'll probably still be a good AA team, though. It would be interesting to see how they would do against top AAA teams, I think they'd do very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:49 am

They will be playing in the potato barrel in January and I believe FHS and Woodstock will be there. Surely they will meet one of them at some point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?   Today at 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Will anyone challenger Tobique Valley in AA Girls action?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next