HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

best Player in the AA ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dixon34

PostSubject: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:13 am

opinions ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Witness23

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 am

Brandon Moffitt by far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 am

Agreed. His combination of size and skill makes him virtually unstoppable. He also has a good head on his shoulders and plays smart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Agreed. His combination of size and skill makes him virtually unstoppable. He also has a good head on his shoulders and plays smart.

I was there for that playoff game against SSHS and MacAdam last year, I believe McNaughton dropped 37 on him, with Moffat looking back as his coach and giving him the sign that he couldnt stop him. Don't get me wrong Moffat is a hell of a player. McNaughton, Moffat and Brandon Miekle best players in AA period. These players are consistent everytime I see them play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:27 pm

salmonking wrote:

I was there for that playoff game against SSHS and MacAdam last year, I believe McNaughton dropped 37 on him, with Moffat looking back as his coach and giving him the sign that he couldnt stop him. Don't get me wrong Moffat is a hell of a player. McNaughton, Moffat and Brandon Miekle best players in AA period. These players are consistent everytime I see them play.
McNaughton dropped about all of his 37 from the arc and Moffitt plays center in McAdam's zone it was the guards that couldn't stop McNaughton from hitting the 3 or the odd time he did drive the lane but thats the guards responsibility to stop him from doing so too

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:22 pm

I really don't want to get into a "he said, she said" type of discussion but you're mistaken on a few things. First of all McAdam plays a match up zone on defense. Therefore Moffitt wouldn't have been anywhere near MacNaughton for most of the game. MacNaughton had 29 pts in that game including 8 threes, not 37 pts. The game was also in the SSHS gym and the team sunk an amazing 19 threes. Earlier in the year the teams played in the Harvey tournament and McAdam won when they had Carmichael with them. MacNaughton had 19 points in that game including 3 threes. Moffitt had 37 pts including 6 threes, 6 assists, 15 rebounds, and 3 blocks. That was in a neutral gym. That's the thing about stats, you can read them anyway you want to. Just ask a politician! Bottom line is they're both very good players not just in AA but overall in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skillz

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm

I personally think Tyler Howlett is one of the best players in AA ball in this league. He's got lots of skill and execute nicely. Well rounded player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:43 pm

In that final game macnaughton sat out the fourth quater with 29 points, so who knows how much he could have finished with. But I agree both macnaughton and moffitt are great players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:50 pm

That's strange...the game sheet says he scored seven points in the fourth quarter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:56 pm

McNaughton and Moffit are clearly a couple that should be discussed at the top.

I also think you need to throw Justin Corey into this mix He isn't as profiled as these other kids are since his Minto team is not as competitive, but any team AA or AAA would be lucky to have him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Your right about Justin Corey, another good player, I just never see him play. There's the top 4, who gets the next spot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm

No i was at the game, he had 29 going into the fourth then the coach sat him about 2 minutes into the quater
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 pm

He must of scored those 7 pts in tose two minutes then. I'm looking at the actual game sheet. What grade is MacNaughton in anyway? And the Barnaby boys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

all in grade 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Your right McNaughton hit 8- 3s,29pts but Spencer Barnaby hit 7-3s also in that game, sick sick sick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:09 pm

I heard that SSHS shot the lights out against DRHS in Miramichi, hit around 15-3s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
celts4

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 pm

CoachDJR wrote:
McNaughton and Moffit are clearly a couple that should be discussed at the top.

I also think you need to throw Justin Corey into this mix He isn't as profiled as these other kids are since his Minto team is not as competitive, but any team AA or AAA would be lucky to have him.

agreed. justin corey is a great player. shoots the ball well from anywhere. He is stuck doing EVERYTHING for the minto team. he is huge but doesnt have the strongest post moves. if he had a decent supporting cast like macnaughton or moffitt does, then he would definately not be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:11 pm

I would not be overly concerned with his post moves or anyone else's in this province. If CIS schools want post players they'll take bigger bodies from larger centres then atlantic Canada who are grateful to have somewhere to play. If our fellas want to play at the next level almost all will need to be guards and maybe some forwards anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Eric Lewis anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:31 pm

Def a top 10. Top guard in the east for sure. If the team was better organized they would be winning more games and make a run. But what can you do right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:02 pm

It would be interesting to see how he and several other talented AA players fare playing with/against AAA teams.
Daley and Hovey for example has made the switch quite smoothly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 pm

The only switch Daley made was schools.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rap$tar

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

My mistake, I had thought Dalhousie was AA like their girls team. I'm only a newcomer to the male side of play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
collegecoach

PostSubject: It's hard to say out of all AA but I must say Brandon Moffitt for McAdam High and Tyler Howett for Campobello should be in the top for best player in AA........ I have been all over the province watching a lot of ball and these two are greatly talented    Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:00 pm

It's hard to say out of all AA but I must say Brandon Moffitt for McAdam High and Tyler Howett for Campobello should be in the top for best player in AA........ I have been all over the province watching a lot of ball and these two are greatly talented
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BC4

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Brandon Moffitt from McAdam is one of the best for sure.. He is an all around great player and plays smart basketball... Pat MacNaughton from Sugarloaf is a great player too and is surely one of the best outside shooters around... I have heard alot about Tyler Howlett from Campobello but I haven't seen him play for a long time so I can't say much about him..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Today at 10:02 pm

Back to top Go down

best Player in the AA ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next