HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

best Player in the AA ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:00 am

Pat MacNaughton from Sugarloaf is the best player in AA without the ball... bar none. Watched him play in Harvey this weekend he always seems to be a step ahead or a play ahead of his defenders. Sees the entire floor, great passer, ball handler and makes all his teammates around him better. He also made 3's all weekend from way out behind the arc, great defender......He can do it all and is definetly the engine of that Bruins team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:06 pm

i would definitly have to agree with warrior fella pat is definitly the best player in aa and could possibly make the top 10 list in aaa this kid has great potential
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:57 am

We should be speaking league wide or at least entire conference wide, here r the best players in the league in my opinion

Jarred Peterson-CNBA
Tyler Howlett-Campobello
Brandon Moffit-McAdam
Pat MacNaughton-Sugarloaf
Joel Bishop-Devon Park
Justin Corey-Minto
Ryan Hunter-Dalhousie
Gabriel Walton-Harvey
JD Wysote-Sugarloaf
Brandon Meikle-Devon Park

I haven't seen anyone else from the east yet but I'm sure there r more than just Justin Corey that are good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:29 am

I have seen 7 of these listed kids play.
From what I see the most complete player is Peterson from CNBA.
Then Howlett from Campobello his vision of the court is amazing.
Then MacNaughton, Moffit, Corey, Bishop.

The reason I have not put the other DP player in is because two players from one team are hard to list together because if you took Bishop away what would happen to Meikle? Or vice versa for that matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbball

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:26 pm

gordon robinson anybody? i've watched a few of harvey's games this season. one against st stephen.. gordon dominated marshal elsemore the entire game.. name me another player in AA that could.
and about the peterson thing, let them play mcadam again and see what happens. he average 30 and 20 because % of his games are against weak teams. not saying hes not a great player, he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:33 pm

nbball wrote:
gordon robinson anybody? i've watched a few of harvey's games this season. one against st stephen.. gordon dominated marshal elsemore the entire game.. name me another player in AA that could.
and about the peterson thing, let them play mcadam again and see what happens. he average 30 and 20 because % of his games are against weak teams. not saying hes not a great player, he is.

They play again in Jan, I agree it will be a tighter game in McAdam, Jarred puts those numbers up against the big teams to..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:20 pm

nbball wrote:

You guys are all to worked up over everything.

Last edited by bballnb on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Who keeps track of rebounds and blocks in high school basketball? You are either Jared, a teammate or from around there. This CNBA hype is pretty funny to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:45 pm

The funniest thing is that the south seems to hate the north, the north hates the south. East and West are rarely mentioned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:07 pm

EastSide wrote:
Who keeps track of rebounds and blocks in high school basketball? You are either Jared, a teammate or from around there. This CNBA hype is pretty funny to watch.

You are quick one! People who want to understand where their strength and weaknesses are keep track of that stuff, people who want to win keep track of that stuff, btw why the hate all of a sudden? Coachmac wouldn't like that from one of his former players!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:09 pm

bballnb wrote:
The funniest thing is that the south seems to hate the north, the north hates the south. East and West are rarely mentioned.

I don't hate anyone, I think this province has some great players, regardless of where they play! If we all supported our players instead of breaking them apart on here, who knows how good they may actually be! I can tell you the kids read this stuff and some do take it to heart, so how about a lil respect evryone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maripac30

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:35 pm

EastSide wrote:
Actually a lot of teams do it. I know that DRHS, Sugarloaf and BHS keep track of a lot of stats. Just another tool to help teams improve. Also shows the( sometimes unseen) contributions of role players who maybe don't score a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm just insinuating it's someone close to the team because only the team or the players would have those types of stats. BTW I never played for CoachMac Boas. I am just playing Devils advocate. I mentioned a team once on the forum and nearly got my head bitten off by some sharks. If we all agreed that CNBA was a top 3 team, then their wouldn't be any conflict. But obviously some of us feel they haven't quite earned it yet. Look at NCAA or the NBA, when the Raptors beat the Laker, like they did last season you didn't see people ranking them in their top 5? Once CNBA doesn't get swamped by mediocre team and can consistently beat top teams who have been at the top for year then the rankings will make sense. Until then I discredit the panels rankings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:13 pm

EastSide wrote:
I'm just insinuating it's someone close to the team because only the team or the players would have those types of stats. BTW I never played for CoachMac Boas. I am just playing Devils advocate. I mentioned a team once on the forum and nearly got my head bitten off by some sharks. If we all agreed that CNBA was a top 3 team, then their wouldn't be any conflict. But obviously some of us feel they haven't quite earned it yet. Look at NCAA or the NBA, when the Raptors beat the Laker, like they did last season you didn't see people ranking them in their top 5? Once CNBA doesn't get swamped by mediocre team and can consistently beat top teams who have been at the top for year then the rankings will make sense. Until then I discredit the panels rankings.

it's cool, everyone is diff! Never gonna have everyone agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:25 pm

bballnb wrote:

The reason I have not put the other DP player in is because two players from one team are hard to list together because if you took Bishop away what would happen to Meikle? Or vice versa for that matter.

In my opinion this is so far off its unbelievable, the kid throws down a dunk and now hes #1 when he gets big numbers like that on a good team then you can hype him up like this, dont get me wrong the kid plays hard and has some talent but lets not go over board with #1, especially when you have players like moffit, macnaughton and miekle or bishop out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boas 98-02

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 pm

guest321 wrote:
bballnb wrote:

In my opinion this is so far off its unbelievable, the kid throws down a dunk and now hes #1 when he gets big numbers like that on a good team then you can hype him up like this, dont get me wrong the kid plays hard and has some talent but lets not go over board with #1, especially when you have players like moffit, macnaughton and miekle or bishop out there.

its not about a dunk lol, why does everyone have to come on here like they r an NBA scout and dump on these kids lol, everyone gets an opinion,make it positive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Everything in that post was positive except for my opinion on the other post, i shoved jared respect and just showed respect to other players also, i said he is a good player and plays hard, that is positive, jusst cause i didnt put him #1 doesnt mean im being negative Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bballnb

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:49 am

No one can argue with anyone else's perspective it is all there own. You may see different games then me and so might the next guy. So to each his own !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coachmac

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 am

EastSide wrote:

He is correct, he didn't play for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.homesmoncton.com
bballguru

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:36 pm

I seen this Tyler Howlett kid from campobello look at his coach after being guarded by hunter and maxwell as if to say, i dont know what else to do. If it were up to me I would take kids who can defend these supposed "top players" opposed to the top scorers who cant defend as well. There is also a kid on dp who plays hard Defence, dont know his name but was impressed with his intensity even after having a comfortable lead. im old fashioned defence i gues
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HS11-13

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:59 pm

bballguru wrote:
I seen this Tyler Howlett kid from campobello look at his coach after being guarded by hunter and maxwell as if to say, i dont know what else to do. If it were up to me I would take kids who can defend these supposed "top players" opposed to the top scorers who cant defend as well. There is also a kid on dp who plays hard Defence, dont know his name but was impressed with his intensity even after having a comfortable lead. im old fashioned defence i gues
Guru do you know the schedule for the dp tourney today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
guest321

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Matt Harrington is who your talking about if im not mistaken, kid plays hard d all the time, never gives up and does his part on offence as well. Tends to turn the ball over once and a while.. but then again who doesnt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Jaxxson

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 pm

My top ten players for aa are:

1. Pat Macnaughton (very good all around player)
2. Brandon Meikle (shares roughly the same qualities as pat, also is a very good person on and off the court)
3. Brandon Moffit (good scorer only one on his team though)
4. Joel Bishop (undersized forward but plays with a lot of heart)
5. Joe Maxwell (people are forgetting about this guy but he also is a very hard worker, good defense)
6. Gordon Robinson (pretty good big guy)
7. Eric Johnson (good outside shooter)
8. Duan Fournier ( good slasher & has very good vision)
9. Matt Harrington ( good slasher, very tough)
10. Ryan Hunter (very good outside shooer as well)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoachDJR

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Mark Jaxxson wrote:
My top ten players for aa are:

1. Pat Macnaughton (very good all around player)
2. Brandon Meikle (shares roughly the same qualities as pat, also is a very good person on and off the court)
3. Brandon Moffit (good scorer only one on his team though)
4. Joel Bishop (undersized forward but plays with a lot of heart)
5. Joe Maxwell (people are forgetting about this guy but he also is a very hard worker, good defense)
6. Gordon Robinson (pretty good big guy)
7. Eric Johnson (good outside shooter)
8. Duan Fournier ( good slasher & has very good vision)
9. Matt Harrington ( good slasher, very tough)
10. Ryan Hunter (very good outside shooer as well)

I like this list . .. lots of guys you often don't hear or think about but a clearly good players compared to big stat guys you hear about on other teams. That being said Justin Corey needs to be on the list in the top 3 if not number 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am

This guy is obviously oblivious to the east haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best Player in the AA ??    Today at 7:30 am

Back to top Go down

best Player in the AA ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next