HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:38 am

How has the first few games shaken out in all the above leagues?

Is Chippewa and West Ferris still the teams to beat in North Bay for either the AA or AAA crown?

Is there any competition for Timmins in their league?

Who will come out of Sudbury for both AA and AAA?

Will anyone beat out St. Basils or St. Marys for AA or AAA?

Let's discuss! geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Re: The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:30 am

Last night St. Basil's beat St. Mary's by 7 at St. Mary's. It was a very good game and one that either team could have one. The teams are built very different, one with speed and quickness from the guards and the other has speed but they have a much bigger front line.

The difference in the end where the free throws that St. Basils made while St. Mary's tried to break the Basil delay at games end! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Northern Teams - "AA"   Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 pm

John Stockton's Shorts wrote:
How has the first few games shaken out in all the above leagues?

Is Chippewa and West Ferris still the teams to beat in North Bay for either the AA or AAA crown?

Is there any competition for Timmins in their league?

Who will come out of Sudbury for both AA and AAA?

Will anyone beat out St. Basils or St. Marys for AA or AAA?

Let's discuss! geek

How is Chippewa doing versus West Ferris in the North Bay league? I know that they two very good players and not much else to support them. From what I saw at the tomahawk a triangle aand two could be effective against them. As for West Ferris are they as fast as they were last year? No

Who is leading the "AA" pack from the Sudbury league. Since there is only two "AAA" reps from Sudbury (Lockerbie and LaSalle) there is not much suspense in their league.

The North Shore league usually always sends Espanola as all other schools are "A".

Please pass along all other info for future reference. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault   Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:26 pm

I had the pleasure of watching St. Basil and Korah play the last regular season game before the break this week. It was a very good game with Korah leading midway through the fourth but Basils hit some big shots and just had too many weapons at crunch time to win by about 5-7 pts. I know that most people in the Sault have St. Mary's vs Basils in the finals, and that very well could end up being the case, but I doubt that Basils would want to play Korah in the playoffs. I am not sure how Korah matches up wtih St. Mary's but they are tough matchup for Basils because they can shoot a bit and are physical which the Basil guys seemed to shy away from. Basils really relied on the three and in big games you can live by the three or die by the three. Korah is my sleeper out of the Sault!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: Re: The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault   Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 am

coachc wrote:
I had the pleasure of watching St. Basil and Korah play the last regular season game before the break this week. It was a very good game with Korah leading midway through the fourth but Basils hit some big shots and just had too many weapons at crunch time to win by about 5-7 pts. I know that most people in the Sault have St. Mary's vs Basils in the finals, and that very well could end up being the case, but I doubt that Basils would want to play Korah in the playoffs. I am not sure how Korah matches up wtih St. Mary's but they are tough matchup for Basils because they can shoot a bit and are physical which the Basil guys seemed to shy away from. Basils really relied on the three and in big games you can live by the three or die by the three. Korah is my sleeper out of the Sault!

I believe that St. Mary's beat Korah by about 30 last week. St. Mary's is much bigger than Korah and Korah did not shot the 3 well in that game. And you are right, Korah does match up well against St. Basils.

As "AA" NOSSA is in the Soo this year I believe that Korah could make some noise this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Is Chippewa "A" or "AA"   Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 am

Does anybody know if Chippewa is going "A" or "AA"?

If they go "A" how does that affect the representatives from NOSSA for OFSAA "AA" in North Bay. Does it mean that the two "AA" NOSSA finalists go automatically to OFSAA (assuming that West Ferris and a second team, either St. Basil's or St. Mary's) or does only the winner go plus a second from North Bay?

As of right now who would be the Sudbury rep for "AA" NOSSA along with Espanola! Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Norman Dale

PostSubject: NEOSSA OFSAA Reps?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 am

Let's start with the obvious; Timmins shall be the "AA" rep for NEOSSA, as it stands now who is going to be the regional rep for "A" and "AAA"?

I believe that NEOSSA will not have a "AAAA" rep but I am only assuming this. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault   Today at 5:15 am

Back to top Go down

The Four Northern Senior Boys Leagues - Timmins, Sudbury, North Bay & Sault
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1