HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings AAA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Rankings AAA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:04 am

The high school basketball season begins on Monday.

Here's what you've all been waiting for, The Province's Big 10 rankings for girls and boys senior varsity teams at the Single, Double and Triple A tiers.

The girls Single A rankings will be issued next week.

THE PROVINCE'S BIG 10 RANKINGS

SENIOR BOYS

TRIPLE A

1. Burnaby South Rebels

2. R.C. Palmer Griffins (Richmond)

3. Vancouver College Fighting Irish

4. Terry Fox Ravens (Port Coquitlam)

5. Kitsilano Blue Demons (Vancouver)

6. Kelowna Owls

7. Claremont Spartans (Victoria)

8. Sir Charles Tupper Tigers (Vancouver)

9. W. J. Mouat Hawks (Abbotsford)

10. Yale Lions (Abbotsford)

Honourable mention --

South Kamloops Titans; Argyle Pipers (North Vancouver); Pitt Meadows Marauders; Gleneagle Talons (Coquitlam);
Tamanawis Wildcats (Surrey); Byrne Creek Bulldogs (Burnaby)

Others to watch --

St. George's Saints (Vancouver), Dover Bay Dolphins (Nanaimo), Carson Graham Eagles (North Vancouer), Walnut Grove Gators (Langley), Oak Bay Bays (Victoria), Heritage Woods Kodiaks (Port Moody), White Rock Christian Academy Warriors (Surrey)

Last edited by okanaganbball on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 am

Not surprised at Kelowna's high-ranking, with the addition of Mitch Goodwin in the offseason.
Also not surprised at South Kamloops' HM with one of the best players in the province, David Wagner. Also, playing senior for them, to shore up the guard spot will be provincial teamer Elijah Hillis-Gold.

If interested in Okanagan basketball check out the pre-season rankings for each classification at: http://okanaganbasketball.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asiseeit

PostSubject: okanagan ball   Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks for setting up separate postings for junior and senior ball. The junior ball forum was really going downhill, good on you for stepping in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 pm

Not a problem. Any thoughts on the AAA rankings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:41 pm

Not much of a change from the season ending rankings last year. It looks a bit closer than last year when there was a big drop off after the top 4 ranked teams, this year I can see the games between lower ranked/HM teams and the top 5 teams being more competetive. We'll know about the lay of the land in a couple of weeks after the HSBC, NSIT and other early season tournaments. Should be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:15 am

asiseeit wrote:
................................... The junior ball forum was really going downhill, good on you for stepping in.

Would you like to elaborate on that statement? I can’t really understand the origin of your negativity. I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish by saying that but I can tell you this much, you have the wrong intention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:23 am

Lefon Jang wrote:
asiseeit wrote:
................................... The junior ball forum was really going downhill, good on you for stepping in.

Would you like to elaborate on that statement? I can’t really understand the origin of your negativity. I don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish by saying that but I can tell you this much, you have the wrong intention.

I think he is referring to all the spamming that was going on in general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlesII

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:23 am

I expect Argle to sneak into the top 5 within a month and a half into the season, solid team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballerrr

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Where is McMath senior team on this list ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Underdog2010

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm

Trey wrote:
Not much of a change from the season ending rankings last year. It looks a bit closer than last year when there was a big drop off after the top 4 ranked teams, this year I can see the games between lower ranked/HM teams and the top 5 teams being more competetive. We'll know about the lay of the land in a couple of weeks after the HSBC, NSIT and other early season tournaments. Should be fun.

I don’t agree that there was a real big drop off after the top 4 ranked teams last year, and I don't see the games between lower ranked/HM teams and the top 5 teams this year being more competitive than they were last year.

The only really dominant AAA team for all of last season (2009/2010) was Yale, but even they suffered one loss to White Rock Christian (in their first exhibition game of the season) and were pushed to the limit a couple of other times.

Many AAA teams were highly competitive last season which is evident from the significant movements of teams up and down the AAA rankings from week to week. There were 12 Polls / Rankings during the 2009/2010 season and 31 teams made it into the rankings at least once. Below I have listed the teams and their various rankings in the 2009/2010 Polls / Rankings – The (* ) indicates the team's placing at the 2010 AAA Provincial Championships:

1. (*1) Yale – 1, 2
2. (*2) White Rock Christian – 1, 2, 3, 5, 7
3. (*3) Vancouver College – 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
4. (*8 ) Burnaby South– 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 14
5. (*4) Pitt Meadows– 3, 4, 5, 6, 11
6. (*7) South Kamloops– 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13
7. St. George’s – 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10
8. Oak Bay – 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, HM (Honourable Mention)
9. (*6) Sir Charles Tupper– 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14
10. Kitsilano – 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14
11. Mt. Boucherie – 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, HM
12. Centennial – 7, 12, HM
13. Dover Bay – 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, HM
14 W.J. Mouat – 8, 12, 15, HM
15. Cowichan – 9, 10, 11, 15, HM
16. Gleneagle – 10, 13, 14, HM
17. Fleetwood Park – 11, 12, 13, 15, HM
18. R.C. Palmer – 11, 13, 14
19. (*5) – Terry Fox – 12, 13, HM
20. Argyle – 12, 14, 15, HM
21. Tamanawis – 13, HM
22. Heritage Woods – 14, HM
23. Byrne Creek – HM
24. Walnut Grove – HM
25. Delta – HM
26. Claremont – HM
27. Belmont – HM
28. Kelowna – HM
29. Pine Tree – HM
30. (*9) – Carson Graham - HM
31. Brookswood – HM

In my opinion, there is less depth this season (2010/2011) and I doubt if there will be as many competitive AAA teams as last year. There were just more of the talented players on many teams last year. This year there are some excellent players but not enough of them to make 30 teams competitive. One glaring exception is Burnaby South – they have so much depth with all their transfers, they could probably field two top 15 ranked teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AAA   Today at 9:09 am

Back to top Go down

Rankings AAA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1