HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rankings AA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Rankings AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:05 am

The high school basketball season begins on Monday.

Here's what you've all been waiting for, The Province's Big 10 rankings for girls and boys senior varsity teams at the Single, Double and Triple A tiers.

The girls Single A rankings will be issued next week.

THE PROVINCE'S BIG 10 RANKINGS

SENIOR BOYS

DOUBLE A

1. Britannia Bruins (Vancouver)

2. Southern Okanagan Hornets (Oliver)

3. Lambrick Park Lions (Victoria)

4. Clarence Fulton Maroons (Vernon)

5. St. Michael’s University Blue Jags (Victoria)

6. Southridge Storm (Surrey)

7. Holy Cross Crusaders (Surrey)

8. Sa-Hali Sabres (Kamloops)

9. Brentwood College (Mill Bay)

10. G.W. Graham Grizzlies (Chilliwack)

Honourable mention -- Hugh Boyd Trojans (Richmond); Mission Roadrunners; Shawnigan Lake Stags; Duchess Park Condors (Prince George); Cedar Spartans (Nanaimo); Prince Rupert Rainmakers; St. Thomas More Knights (Burnaby); Timberline Wolves(Campbell River)

Last edited by okanaganbball on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:54 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:12 am

Surprised at how low Sa-Hali is considering they return a slew of grade 11's who all saw significant minutes at provincials. This includes 3 starters and the team's leading scorer who came off the bench.

Also surprised that Fulton is so high, considering they lost easily their best guy and the guys they return are nothing to write home about. However, they're always well coached, a tough team, and a solid transfer from Vernon is now eligible in guard Kyle Klim.

Not surprised at SOSS's ranking. With Greet Gill and Parey Dhaliwal, they should be top 5 all year.

If interested in Okanagan basketball check out the pre-season rankings for each classification at: http://okanaganbasketball.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zoons

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Some teams on th list are riding their good finishes from last year. Brentwood and GW Graham won't be on this list very long. I do believe that until you lose to other teams, you should stay as a top team, so we will see how the early exhibition games go. Brittania should be #1 right now and until they get beat...I guess they will stay there. Lambrick has some lofty expectations for alot of Gr. 11's and Cedar???? Didn't they lose their entire team? Oh well. It will work it's way out. I hope teams post scores here and at the boys basketball website so we can keep track of the various teams progress. www.bcboysbasketball.com. I'm not sure if this website is current with games and teams etc... Last year basketball bc and wilson wong ran a high school basketball site and it was awesome. Lists of tournaments and games. Easy to see results. I will definately give this other site a chance and hope it is updated regularly. If it isn't updated maybe we can post scores on this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shot_caller

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:47 pm

zoons wrote:
Some teams on th list are riding their good finishes from last year. Brentwood and GW Graham won't be on this list very long. I do believe that until you lose to other teams, you should stay as a top team, so we will see how the early exhibition games go. Brittania should be #1 right now and until they get beat...I guess they will stay there. Lambrick has some lofty expectations for alot of Gr. 11's and Cedar???? Didn't they lose their entire team? Oh well. It will work it's way out. I hope teams post scores here and at the boys basketball website so we can keep track of the various teams progress. www.bcboysbasketball.com. I'm not sure if this website is current with games and teams etc... Last year basketball bc and wilson wong ran a high school basketball site and it was awesome. Lists of tournaments and games. Easy to see results. I will definately give this other site a chance and hope it is updated regularly. If it isn't updated maybe we can post scores on this forum.

I definitely agree that a lot of teams are riding previous year finishes. As for Lambrick being Gr. 11s, most of the team is actually in Gr. 12 except for a few talented Gr. 11s from a top 10 junior team last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: BC "AA" Rankings   Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:16 pm

The full BC "AA" rankings are online at www.sportvictoria.com - not just the truncated one that the Province reprints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Courtesty of Sportvictoria   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:31 am

BC Senior Boys'
"AA" Rankings
by Steve Anderson (Southridge) and
Lyle Dhur (Sportvictoria.com)

Previous 2010-11 Rankings

Pre-Season
Poll # 1
November 25, 2010

Current/Team/Previous

1. Britannia (Vancouver) (-)
2. South Okanagan (Oliver) (-)
3. Lambrick Park (Victoria) (-)
4. Clarence Fulton (Vernon) (-)
5. St. Michael's (Victoria) (-)
6. Southridge (Surrey) (-)
7. Holy Cross (Surrey) (-)
8. Sa-Hali (Kamloops) (-)
9. Brentwood College (Mill Bay) (-)
10. G. W. Graham (Chilliwack) (-)
11. Hugh Boyd (Richmond) (-)
12. Mission (-)
13. Shawnigan Lake (-)
14. Duchess Park (Prince George) (-)
15. Cedar (Nanaimo) (-)

Honourable mention
HM Prince Rupert (-)
HM St. Thomas More (Burnaby) (-)
HM Timberline (Campbell River) (-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ebe

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:14 am

King George opened up their season with a huge upset win over #1 "AA" Britannia by three points at the Gladstone Tournament.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachescorner

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 am

There is no way Britannia should be ranked first even though they lost to King George. They lost 4 of their starters and only return Osaro Obaseki and Ibrahim Ibrahim. This team has no one else who can contribute and when teams figure that out their just going to double off the other 3 players. I'm not sure if Brit was missing Obaseki or Ibrahim but their ranking should definitely be lower because if Demitri Harris, or Semir Ibrahim's team were never ranked first throughout the season, Obasekis team shouldn't be either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

coachescorner wrote:
There is no way Britannia should be ranked first even though they lost to King George. They lost 4 of their starters and only return Osaro Obaseki and Ibrahim Ibrahim. This team has no one else who can contribute and when teams figure that out their just going to double off the other 3 players. I'm not sure if Brit was missing Obaseki or Ibrahim but their ranking should definitely be lower because if Demitri Harris, or Semir Ibrahim's team were never ranked first throughout the season, Obasekis team shouldn't be either.

I can see why Brit was ranked 1 to start the year. It has to be someone who was at AAs last year who is ranked 1 this year, realistically. And you'll want a team that had good players not in grade 12 who played lots of minutes for them. Also, the team will have to have had a strong finish at AAs, not in the bottom 6-8 probably. This eliminates a lot of teams. Seeing as Brit had two stronger players returning and finished first, Palmer went AAA, Fulton's grade 11s weren't great by any stretch, and GW Graham's two best guys were grade 12s, it makes sense to put Brit 1st. The next 4 teams after the top 4 finishers at AAs were 5th - Sa-Hali, 6th - Southridge, 7th - SOSS, 8th - Brentwood.

They're just pre-season rankings, they're usually fairly inaccurate and very different from the final ranking in March. I suspect they'll be quite different from pre-season poll 1 to the second poll as well.

It's hard for the guys who do the rankings to know who has who back, who was injured at provs, who had a crappy tournament, etc. I don't agree with the pre-season rankings either, but who does? They'll get more accurate as the season goes along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 pm

Southridge lost to GW Graham 51-61. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
basketballathletics

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:34 pm

It would worth while to take a good look at Archbishop Carney in the AA rankings. The team has come off a huge summer camp placing 3rd in the AAA bracket. Beating GW Graham, Pitt, and only losing to Seaqum in the semi final by 7. The team went into the Gladstone tournament last week and beat King George who beat the supossly number #1 ranked Britannia (don't know if that is very accurrate). Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there. As the games roll on and teams start to play some of these ranked teams, it should shape up a little better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rankings AA   Today at 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Rankings AA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1