HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

JV Boys this Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
pg7

PostSubject: JV Boys this Season   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Does anybody have any info/opinions on what has been going on in JV boys so far this season? I don't think there are a lot of teams playing JV, but who are some of the up and coming players/teams we will need watch in the next few years?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:35 pm

In AA, I know that Harvey is 5-0, considered to be one of the favorites in the south. Other than that, not too sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Top ten players in JV? AA and AAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mahogany

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Top ten players in JV AAA ball:

1. Eric Nissen (KV)
2. Nathan D'Entremont (KV)
3. Elliott Quinn (Riverview)
4. Zach Thorne (BMHS)
5. Kyle Rogers (MHS)
6. Andrew Ryder (MHS)
7. Ben Wishart (MHS)
8. Mark Graham (KV)
9. Justin Watling (MHS)
10. Bryn Davies (FHS)

Honourable mentions: Ben MacPherson (FHS) Morgan Tatlock (BMHS) Thomas Lindsay (Simonds)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddie Vedder

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Should more FHS players be in the top ten considering they haven't lost in 4 years and have beat KV in their only match up this season?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mahogany

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm

FHS are strong as always but dont have many top ten players. Only a roster full of honourable mentions. Also Nate D'Entremont did not play in that matchup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Harvey remains undefeated against AA competition, posting a 90-61 victory at McAdam last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm

1. Eric Nissen (KV)
4. Zach Thorne (BMHS)
5. Kyle Rogers (MHS)
6. Andrew Ryder (MHS)
7. Ben Wishart (MHS)
8. Mark Graham (KV)
9. Justin Watling (MHS)
10. Bryn Davies (FHS)

Good list, but I would Nathan D'Entremont 1st on this list. MHS must have a good JV squad with Rogers, Ryder. Wishart and Watling on one team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Is MHS Minto? You would think that if these guys are that good, and being from a small school they would all be playing senior??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
salmonking

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:25 pm

MHS is Moncton High
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller24

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks, that makes sense then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rich Mahogany

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:01 pm

salmonking wrote:

1. Eric Nissen (KV)
4. Zach Thorne (BMHS)
5. Kyle Rogers (MHS)
6. Andrew Ryder (MHS)
7. Ben Wishart (MHS)
8. Mark Graham (KV)
9. Justin Watling (MHS)
10. Bryn Davies (FHS)

Good list, but I would Nathan D'Entremont 1st on this list. MHS must have a good JV squad with Rogers, Ryder. Wishart and Watling on one team.

If the list were based on skill Nathan would be #1, but based on size and overall impact Nissen deserves top spot. I have yet to see MHS play but have seen all these players before. Their current record is 6-0, this weekends tournament should show the top three placement between FHS, KV and MHS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Harvey should easily win South in AA. Rankings for AA?
Here goes mine
1. Harvey- Lots of good players. Nice post work. Waiting for a team that can contest to them.
2. Sugarloaf- Haven't seen them play. Defending champs. Geussing their still good.
3. McAdam- Lost to Harvey by 30, would post GM ahead but McAdam beat them by 20 a few weeks ago.
5. Grand Manan- Nice PG, good solid team, seems to lose to Harvey and McAdam by 20+ though. Will be deadly come Feb.
6. Campobello- Small team size-wise. Can't seem to win, haven't played a game with everyone yet due to marks and kids moving to sr.
7. Fundy- Big losses to McAdam and Harvey, lost to Harvey by 70. Basically all players moved to senior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Once a Warrior...

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 am

swballa wrote:
Harvey should easily win South in AA. Rankings for AA?
Here goes mine
1. Harvey- Lots of good players. Nice post work. Waiting for a team that can contest to them.
2. Sugarloaf- Haven't seen them play. Defending champs. Geussing their still good.
3. McAdam- Lost to Harvey by 30, would post GM ahead but McAdam beat them by 20 a few weeks ago.
5. Grand Manan- Nice PG, good solid team, seems to lose to Harvey and McAdam by 20+ though. Will be deadly come Feb.
6. Campobello- Small team size-wise. Can't seem to win, haven't played a game with everyone yet due to marks and kids moving to sr.
7. Fundy- Big losses to McAdam and Harvey, lost to Harvey by 70. Basically all players moved to senior.
3 teams that are not mentioned in AA would be Devon Park, Southern Vic. and JMA. Still to early to tell how strong these 3 teams will be. Sugarloaf JV only beat Devon Park by 5 last night...I will agree with Harvey being at number 1. They are fundamentally sound and play very good inside. They are mostly made up of grade 10 players, have plenty of height and lots of talent off the bench. Any AA team that beats them will have play a mistake free game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:56 am

I would of put Devon Park in, but I saw them last year and they didn't look to good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:25 am

I think JMA will turn some heads in JV. Some of these guys played on the varsity team last season and got some minutes. They played against MH and even though they lost I heard that they looked like a team with a lot of composure and knew what they were doing. The coach has them whipped and shape and playing as a team. Any news on any other games they have played?

They beat Tantramar in league play pretty badly. definitely won't be a Sleep type season for the boys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Any games/tournys this weekend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Tournament results from Grand Manan this weekend:
Fundy lost all three games in blowouts.
Grand Manan lost to St. Stephen by 2 and to Harvey by 30.
Harvey lost to St. Stephen in the championship by one point on a last second shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pg7

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:01 pm

AA JV Boys Power Rankings

1) JMA - beat Devon Park by 40+ and playing well vs some of the AAA teams from the East.
2) Harvey - have yet to play a tight game vs AA competition. Great inside play and a chance to move to number one as they play JMA in McAdam this weekend.
3) McAdam - have some good outside shooters, have beaten GM but lost to Harvey by 20.
4) Sugarloaf - are the defending champs, but a narrow win over DP tells me they can't be as strong as last year.
5) Grand Manan - have some good players but haven't been close to Harvey or McAdam in games yet.
6) Devon Park - very close to the teams above them. Aric Paul is a very solid player and they are well coached.
7) Campobello - small team and they play hard, but just not enough depth though.
8. Fundy - they are a scrappy team but the talent level just isn't high enough to compete.

I have yet to see any scores involving South Vic, but their varsity team isn't overly strong, so they would probably be towards the bottom of the rankings, but until I see some results they can't be accurately ranked.

Last edited by pg7 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:05 pm

JMA top ranked? Wow, I knew they were good. I am excited to see those boys play. They are well disciplined and can give any team a run for their money. Any details about the DP game? I guess this weekend will say a lot about the ranking with 3 of the top teams in the same tournament. They have a solid point guard who played varsity last year and some solid scorer, any details on the DP game

According to NBIAA sir James Dunn killed McAdam and only lost to Harvey by 3. And the GM beat them by 20..JV is up and down.

Last edited by EastSide on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EastSide

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Wow just found the JMA DP score. 101 points in a JV game against a top ranked team is insane. According to the schedule they have played sugarloaf as well. This weekend will clear a lot up in the ranking for sure though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:30 pm

On NBIAA they have SJDA ranked as JV with a win over McAdam so their in 4th. But in the newspaper it states that SJDA was playing with grade 12's. Shouldn't this be reported to NBIAA?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rudas

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:42 pm

The SJDA team is their high school exibition team who are playing in the south JV league schedule. I don't think you should contact the nbiaa just yet.

Last edited by Rudas on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
39forever

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:42 pm

swballa wrote:
On NBIAA they have SJDA ranked as JV with a win over McAdam so their in 4th. But in the newspaper it states that SJDA was playing with grade 12's. Shouldn't this be reported to NBIAA?
Both SJDA teams are grade 9-12, they are too weak to field competitive teams at any level, so this is their way of trying to improve for future years. NBIAA is aware this is only an exibition team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swballa

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Do they get into Provincials?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JV Boys this Season   Today at 3:15 am

Back to top Go down

JV Boys this Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top