HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Junior Results 2010-2011 Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kb24

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Burnaby South lost to Lord Tweedsmuir and Oak Bay in the Yale tournament on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 pm

who else was in the yale tournament? Who won?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:53 am

This weekend, the unranked Westsyde Whundas of Kamloops beat the #15 ranked LV Rogers Bombers of Nelson in the final of a tourney. Westsyde was missing two starters and LVR was missing one. Westsyde should be one of the better teams to come out of the Okanagan, I also expect Kelowna's juniors to be tops in the Okanagans and one of the better teams in the province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:44 am

Westyde might well be one of the better teams from the interior, does anyone have any information to support LV Rogers being ranked? Not to be disrespectful, but honestly have never heard anything about them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:22 am

I don't have any scores for LVR, but trust me, they're pretty good. They have a 6'5" guy who is not only tall but built well, and a 6'2" lefty who is built very solidly and can shoot solidly and post and two guards who attack the rim hard, and one who can shoot. Both of the guards are at least 6'0" and not twigs either. They'll be okay come provincials, not saying they're top 5 or 10 or anything, nothing to base that off of, but they'll be okay. They only brought 7 guys to the tourney, left 3 guys at home, one who is a starter and their best player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 am

burnett beat saints by 20 at the Burnett tournament final even tho they were missin 4 players good win for them
McMath wins southridge winter classic by 32 in the finals vs fraser heights McMath was down to 7 players in the tourney also missing 4 players due to sickness and injury
Churchill wins John oliver joker classic by 40 vs delview in the finals

Great job to all the teams in all of the tournaments

This weekend up for McMath oak bay tournament featring Oak bay SMUS Lambrick park VC
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Kits won 80-54 over JN Burnett
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am

kits beat burnett by 26?? and only beat palmer by 5 or 6?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 am

Coachx, I had a chance to watch both games and Burnett is definately a better team than Palmer. But I think Kits really under estimated Palmer and didn't really play there "a" game, not to take anything away from Palmer they are a very good three point shooting team and are quite fast, they will put up a fight against other teams in richmond.

In the burnett game kits came out flying and never let up, and Kits really shut down burnetts ability to run the fast break and that was the key to the large margin in the win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachx

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 am

I also see burnett as the better team, but palmer and burnett both have a running game and you are right, kits didnt bring their "A" game agaisnt palmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:59 pm

I’m surprised Burnett lost to Kits by 26 points. Both teams have equally quick guards but Burnett is better at the point. Although Burnett doesn’t have a supersized big man, then again neither has Kits. In comparison, I feel Burnett has better posts present than Kits. It’s possible to lose to Kits, but 26 points! Something has to give; what was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
I’m surprised Burnett lost to Kits by 26 points. Both teams have equally quick guards but Burnett is better at the point. Although Burnett doesn’t have a supersized big man, then again neither has Kits. In comparison, I feel Burnett has better posts present than Kits. It’s possible to lose to Kits, but 26 points! Something has to give; what was it?

Heard they were missing few starters but not sure though. Somebody can confirm this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Burnett was missing one starter I saw him watching from the stands, don't know why, I think that it was Justin Wong?
Kits was also missing a starter in Andrew Cassie, don't know why.

Burnett did have bigger post presences than Kits because Kits really has no posts at all. From what i saw in the game I don't think that burnett was stronger at the point, i think that Justin Sze outplayed Brandan Bevis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BB fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:05 am

coach fabio wrote:
Burnett was missing one starter I saw him watching from the stands, don't know why, I think that it was Justin Wong?
Kits was also missing a starter in Andrew Cassie, don't know why.

Burnett did have bigger post presences than Kits because Kits really has no posts at all. From what i saw in the game I don't think that burnett was stronger at the point, i think that Justin Sze outplayed Brandan Bevis.

I heard through the grape vine that Burnett had two of their best players suspended... And I also believe it is for the rest of the year!!!

I can not give up my source but it is a close to the scene source!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 am

I was very impressed with how Brandan Bevis played in the Burnett Tournament. He was draining shots from all directions and has no problem going into the paint and drawing fouls. He was a well deserved MVP for that tournament. I’m also familiar with how Justin plays and didn’t think he was a match for Brandan as he’s not as explosive and has a tendency to over handle. I guess he played better at that game. I certainly hope no one was suspended at Burnett. That team should be ranked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gotigers

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:29 am

Lefon Jang wrote:

I'd like to remind everyone that it is still early in the season and anything can happen right now. Whether it be good teams having bad days or unranked teams playing exceptionally well. VC was ranked #1 and lower ranked teams: Burnaby South and SMUS have defeated them. This shows how upsets can happen easily and the rankings aren't stable yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lefon Jang

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:47 am

gotigers wrote:
I'd like to remind everyone that it is still early in the season and anything can happen right now. Whether it be good teams having bad days or unranked teams playing exceptionally well. VC was ranked #1 and lower ranked teams: Burnaby South and SMUS have defeated them. This shows how upsets can happen easily and the rankings aren't stable yet

Totally agree. Other than tournaments, most of these games are arranged between coaches and are treated more as scrimmages than anything else. You’ll seldom see teams from the same league play against each other at this stage. Other than their starting five, coaches are still trying to figure out who are reliable coming off the bench. For that you’ll see a lot more bench playing at these games. It’s really a preparation for the bigger games to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Upset?   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
gotigers wrote:

Totally agree. Other than tournaments, most of these games are arranged between coaches and are treated more as scrimmages than anything else. You’ll seldom see teams from the same league play against each other at this stage. Other than their starting five, coaches are still trying to figure out who are reliable coming off the bench. For that you’ll see a lot more bench playing at these games. It’s really a preparation for the bigger games to come.

Not sure I would call SMUS's win over VC an 'upset'. SMUS led start to finish, won by about 20 and didn't shoot particularly well. Definitely it's early but believe it or not, there are some teams outside the Lower Mainland that can play . . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Islandview wrote:
Not sure I would call SMUS's win over VC an 'upset'. SMUS led start to finish, won by about 20 and didn't shoot particularly well. Definitely it's early but believe it or not, there are some teams outside the Lower Mainland that can play . . .

SMUS is ranked top in today's ranking by Howie in The Province.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Islandview wrote:

SMUS is ranked top in today's ranking by Howie in The Province.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shot_caller

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:57 am

Lambrick Park lost to by Van College by only 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Islandview

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:08 am

shot_caller wrote:
Lambrick Park lost to by Van College by only 2

Saw the game. VC kid made two clutch free throws with .4 seconds left to force OT. Lambrick missed a three that would have won it at the buzzer in OT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karnsharda12

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:25 pm

McMath vs VC in Oak Bay final tonight at 445 should be a great game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cj35

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:37 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see a McMath victory in the Oak Bay final..although they may struggle with size issues.

VC does not look good right now. They look much worse than last year. Perhaps getting used to a new coach?

Lambrick Park had the game in the bag agianst VC but lost the lead and then lost by 2 in OT.

I change my predictions for the year...VC will not win it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveNash13

PostSubject: Burnett was knocked out first round in the V&Ds last year. What happened there?   Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Lefon Jang wrote:
I was very impressed with how Brandan Bevis played in the Burnett Tournament. He was draining shots from all directions and has no problem going into the paint and drawing fouls. He was a well deserved MVP for that tournament. I’m also familiar with how Justin plays and didn’t think he was a match for Brandan as he’s not as explosive and has a tendency to over handle. I guess he played better at that game. I certainly hope no one was suspended at Burnett. That team should be ranked.

Burnett was knocked out first round in the V&Ds last year. What happened there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Results 2010-2011 Season   Today at 7:19 am

Back to top Go down

Junior Results 2010-2011 Season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next