HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Constructive suggestions for the moderator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Fly at it and let me know if you have any helpful suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sportvictoria

PostSubject: Helpful suggestions   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:00 am

Last edited by Sportvictoria on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sportvictoria.com
coachb

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Don't pull posts pointing out that certain club programs are coached by certain coaches from one school. It helps for public awareness. I did not know about a certain program until I read a post that was pulled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:41 am

I would like to understand why threads discussing the highly topical and important issues surrounding the relationship between the LM Zone and Independents have been locked.

I believe that this forum provides a very valuable vehicle to address both sides of this issue. A lot of the information would not otherwise get out.

I presume they have been locked because some posters, when their arguments are shot full of holes, resort to characterizations and name calling which quickly degenerate into useless diatribes.

Perhaps I have it wrong. Nevertheless, I would suggest that rather than lock the topic, the moderator remove offensive posts and warn posters, instead of killing debate that sheds valuable light on issues of significant interest.

Otherwise, those pushing one point of view have merely to start name calling to kill the discussion when things start going not their way.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am

baller1000 wrote:
I would like to understand why threads discussing the highly topical and important issues surrounding the relationship between the LM Zone and Independents have been locked.

I believe that this forum provides a very valuable vehicle to address both sides of this issue. A lot of the information would not otherwise get out.

I presume they have been locked because some posters, when their arguments are shot full of holes, resort to characterizations and name calling which quickly degenerate into useless diatribes.

Perhaps I have it wrong. Nevertheless, I would suggest that rather than lock the topic, the moderator remove offensive posts and warn posters, instead of killing debate that sheds valuable light on issues of significant interest.

Otherwise, those pushing one point of view have merely to start name calling to kill the discussion when things start going not their way.

Firstly, the debate in that particular topic didn't seem to be going anywhere. No one was budging, everyone was re-stating their arguments in different forms over and over again. Then, it just devolved to name-calling. Both contributed to the topic being locked, more so the name-calling, though.

I'll go back and delete the offensive posts and unlock the topic, and it would be best if every poster would try not to just keep regurgitating the same things over and over and attempt to look at things from a different perspective once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Today at 6:37 am

Back to top Go down

Constructive suggestions for the moderator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1