HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Constructive suggestions for the moderator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Fly at it and let me know if you have any helpful suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael Eidleson

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

play basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:33 am

deleted wrote:
play basketball

Done. Anything else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baller1000

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:02 am

Stop allowing the forum to be used to post links for the promotion of coaching services etc.

There have been several posts all essentially hijacking this forum to link to other sites or individuals, to get rankings or other information.

If those posters feel they can't get their information out in the confines of this forum, then it is probably because doing so would expose their commercial intentions.

Don't let them use this site to take readers to another site, unless it is information that is of interest (like a cool video or tournament bracket) and can not be discussed here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't see many of these posts as self-promotion. I'll keep looking, but the majority of the links (of which I have been a "culprit" of posting) are to sites that promote basketball in certain regions and across the province. If something is already posted on another site, it's very easy just to link to it, hence the link button. As long as the links are to sites promoting basketball in the province, great. IF they become links for self-promotion only then I'll delete them.

Even posting links to Basketball BC, Drive, or 3D tryouts isn't horrible. It let's kids know what is out there. If it gets to the point of spamming it, though, then I'll deal with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vancouver Basketball

PostSubject: Master List of Junior Tournaments   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Any chance that could get posted and sticky-ed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vicrad10

PostSubject: Sticky Posts   Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:46 pm

I believe that you should sticky a single topic about the best players and/or teams in a specific age group. This is so that others don't create new posts about the same topic just because the old one was buried under other posts. Also I think you should create groups for BC Juvenile and BC Bantam as this forum is littered with posts about gr. 9 teams/players. Basketball

EDIT: Or tourneys or course, basically any important thread worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.instagram.com/vicrad10/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constructive suggestions for the moderator   Today at 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Constructive suggestions for the moderator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1