HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vancity55555

PostSubject: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

I think in my opinion that tamanawis is going to be a team to watch out for this season. If you look at the gr 11's they won third place at provincials last year and easily could have won. There are some stud players such as Ravjot Dhaliwal who has played for the bc provincial team the past 2 summers and Manny dulay who won numerous awards last year. Gr12's include Gagan Sahota, Navjot Bains and a lot of other great players. Alot of players played for Athelite this summer and you can check them out on the athelite webpage. They also have one of the best coaching staffs in Bc. S/ i have a feeling these guys might make a splash this year in Bc and place in the top 5 in the province( Big Splash),but thats my opinion your thoughts and where you think they might end up when all said and done?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
okanaganbball

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 pm

They're definitely better than their ranking, I think. Their juniors did really well last year and some of their best guys at the senior level were mostly grade 11s last year. They're better than advertised. Rav and Manny are really good players. I'd say if they don't finish the year top 5-8 they've underachieved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:07 pm

90% sure you go to tamanawis for 2 reasons ur name is surrey jack and you know everything about them so either your a grad from last years team or on the team this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
And 1

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 am

et21 wrote:
90% sure you go to tamanawis for 2 reasons ur name is surrey jack and you know everything about them so either your a grad from last years team or on the team this year

Watched tammy all weekend at van College tourney and was looking forward to seeing them play. I was really dissapointed in their play as they didnt show much in any of thier games. Looking at thier schedule to this point i dont think they had played any top teams and didnt show against the top teams. Maybe it was just a bad weekend but after what i saw i cant say thier top 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:11 am

I dont care whether you are a player on the team or a supporter. I follow mostly junior but in between some senior games. Happen to see tammy few times and very impressed with all their ghetto style of play except Manny whose silky and smooth J just mesmerize you and the way he hits 3s effortlessly really worth watching. I think they will make some noises come in March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am

I have seen Tamanawis a few times and think they are a solid team. Like all teams they have off days and if their 3 point shooting is off they seem vulnerable. The Emerald is a tough tournament with some strong teams in it and Tammy couldn't get through the Fox defense in game one. Didn't see their game against Pitt but apparently they were outmatched but that happends when you play two tough teams back to back. They should be ranked arounf 9, 10 or HM and with their outside shooting and athleticism could surprise someone come March. But then again, that can be said about a lot of teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Transfer Protest   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 pm

et21

Subject: Re: Best teams so far? Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dumb that new kid gets to play on tamanawis when he came this year and with the in house recruiting there probably doing through athelite hes probably using another players or coaches address someone please check that out its cheating otherwise who knows what teams would look like after the first semester ends

As of yesterday Burnsview has apparently filed an official tranfer protest with BCSS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allball

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:21 pm

oldbulldog wrote:
et21

Subject: Re: Best teams so far? Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dumb that new kid gets to play on tamanawis when he came this year and with the in house recruiting there probably doing through athelite hes probably using another players or coaches address someone please check that out its cheating otherwise who knows what teams would look like after the first semester ends

As of yesterday Burnsview has apparently filed an official tranfer protest with BCSS

What exactly does that mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:22 pm

If BCSS happened to rule against the transfer Tamanawis may as a minimum default on any league games played to date
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikeyb

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:00 pm

I saw the game against Fox and I have to say, a few things immediately came to mind:

Defensively, they rain a 1/3/1 zone which Fox was able to beat the majority of the time. Why not change it up when it was clearly not working ?

Also, they're offense was, drive to the hoop... either attempt the layup, throw it out to the wing or try and get a charge call. Didn't see much in the way of play calling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:07 am

Good that burnsview are taking action ! hope they win the protest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldbulldog

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:20 pm

WRCA 73 Tamanawis 70
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball_6319

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 am

What ever happened with the protest against Tamanawis? Or did it never really occur?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BallIsLifeDelta

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Watched Tamanawis face North Delta this year I dont really see anything that special about them?:S Just tall and they had this tall new big guy Ive never seen maybve thats this Nav guy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nextgreatcoach

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 am

Last edited by nextgreatcoach on Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle.J

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:07 am

Nav helped Tamanawis a lot this year, Tammy is winning games this year because of height.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:56 am

cheaters and i guess they're OK with it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBallah

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 am

@et21: :S? so I guess all the top 15 schools in the province are cheating!? so much recruiting happeneds, yes Tammy would not be the team they are without Nav but theres so many more teams in the province that recruit and wouldn't be the same without the players they have.... as far as I know Nav is the only player that Tammy recruited theres other schools in the province that have many more players out of catchment or making a switch in grade 12 and thats all on one team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:47 am

people are frustrated because a grade 12 transfer shouldn't be allowed to play and yeh other schools do recruit but they do it earlier but tamanawis did it through a club program and hes using a coaches address which is cheating other kids will move into that catchment or transfer when there allowed to like grade 9 and 10 but i guess a guy with 1 post probably from tamanawis is just gunna keep thinking cheatings right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SurreyBallah

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:53 am

et21 wrote:
people are frustrated because a grade 12 transfer shouldn't be allowed to play and yeh other schools do recruit but they do it earlier but tamanawis did it through a club program and hes using a coaches address which is cheating other kids will move into that catchment or transfer when there allowed to like grade 9 and 10 but i guess a guy with 1 post probably from tamanawis is just gunna keep thinking cheatings right

Clearly your not a fan of Tamanawis:S but I saw your comment and decided to set things straight,THE WHOLE PROVINCE DOES it doesn't matter how.. so what he played for Athelite well does that mean he can't go to Tamanawis? who said the coaches told him to come:S? maybe he wanted to play there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:56 am

Then he couldve moved in grade 9 or 10 even 11 and sat the year but to do it in grade 12 after a season with the u17 athelite boys team sounds fishy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoop4life

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm

SurreyBallah wrote:
et21 wrote:

Clearly your not a fan of Tamanawis:S but I saw your comment and decided to set things straight,THE WHOLE PROVINCE DOES it doesn't matter how.. so what he played for Athelite well does that mean he can't go to Tamanawis? who said the coaches told him to come:S? maybe he wanted to play there...

You don't understand what et21 is saying. I don't even know who this guy is but he should not be playing at all this year! He is technically not allowed to play due to BC High School Sports rules. A kid cannot transfer to a school going into grade 11 or 12 and live in another catchment area and play, it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidey

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

hoop4life wrote:

You don't understand what et21 is saying. I don't even know who this guy is but he should not be playing at all this year! He is technically not allowed to play due to BC High School Sports rules. A kid cannot transfer to a school going into grade 11 or 12 and live in another catchment area and play, it's that simple.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats   Today at 7:28 am

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on the Tamanawis Wildcats
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1