HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OIS123

PostSubject: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 am

This year i believe that the OIS basketball team can be contenders for the championship this year. our players consist of many versatile players that can score in many different ways and also having a energetic bench with Awaleh Y leading as sixth man. Be sure to look out for us in the Single A division championship game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coachc

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 am

OIS should be in the championship game as there are only two single A teams this year so they get there by default. Unless of course, Louis Riel goes single A as they qualify for single as well. If they do, then it will be very difficult for OIS to make the championship game as they have already lost by 40 to Deslauriers and Louis Riel will be just as tough to beat. I hope that OIS has some success this year as they are a new program to our league and it would be nice to see them do well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Stockton's Shorts

PostSubject: Is O.I.S. a private school?   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am

coachc wrote:
OIS should be in the championship game as there are only two single A teams this year so they get there by default. Unless of course, Louis Riel goes single A as they qualify for single as well. If they do, then it will be very difficult for OIS to make the championship game as they have already lost by 40 to Deslauriers and Louis Riel will be just as tough to beat. I hope that OIS has some success this year as they are a new program to our league and it would be nice to see them do well.

I ask because in most other regions there is a league of private schools that play against each other (Ridley in St. Catherines & Appleby in Oakville as examples).

If they are a state funded school that is another can of worms that I will not open. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:57 pm

John Stockton's Shorts wrote:
I ask because in most other regions there is a league of private schools that play against each other (Ridley in St. Catherines & Appleby in Oakville as examples).

Actually, there is only one OFSAA-eligible private school league and it is made up primarily of GTA teams and a couple of others from just outside (like Ridley in St. Kitts and Trinity in Port Hope). However, there are still plenty of leagues with both public and private school teams. For example, Community Hebrew plays in Toronto Catholic; Mentor plays in Peel; Robert Land is part of SOSSA; Quinte Christian plays in COSSA; King's Christian plays in Halton; etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach A Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

OIS is an extremely talented team but the lack of discipline makes them lose games. Hopefully this year they will be better and team orientated. But with players like Liban Mohamed- An extremely versatile forward who shoots the long ball well, and Khalid- who is an offensive threat to the opposing teams, OIS will definitely be better.

*Note OIS 123 has made an incorrect statement about Awaleh Y. He isn't a good basketball player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hoopdreams

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:04 am

I agree with coach A Smith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:01 pm

How about we all stop running mouths and stick with the facts. The only teams that deserve/earned respect that aren't AAA/AAAA are deslaurier beating numerous AAA/AAAA schools, Louis Riel winning the Bill Wren classic, Carine Wilson with bill arden and beating St. Petes, and Ashbury somewhat because of last year and Jean. OIS has yet to prove anything in the past, and in the present. All this talk about they are amazing and how they are good can just stop until they prove their selves. Lets be honest here at the end of the day how many kids from OIS go on to play post secondary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldtymeballer

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm

redemption wrote:
Louis Riel winning the Bill Wren classic

They were finalists. St. Pat's won Bill Wren.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redemption

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Sorry, i was mid rant and i remembered it was a close game and down to the wire. Needless to say finalists still deserves respect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobbybballer

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Coach A Smith wrote:
OIS is an extremely talented team but the lack of discipline makes them lose games. Hopefully this year they will be better and team orientated. But with players like Liban Mohamed- An extremely versatile forward who shoots the long ball well, and Khalid- who is an offensive threat to the opposing teams, OIS will definitely be better.

*Note OIS 123 has made an incorrect statement about Awaleh Y. He isn't a good basketball player.

My name is Abdullaah Smith and I am the former coach of OIS. I assume it's one of our MUSLIM players who lies and takes my name and such... Shame... *shakes head disapprovingly*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team   Today at 8:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Ottawa Islamic School 2010 Team
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1