HoopLife Forums

The opportunity to talk about issues affecting Canadian basketball from coast-to-coast

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New junior rankings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coach fabio

PostSubject: New junior rankings   Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

here are some updated junior rankings:

1. Vancouver College
2. Kitsilano
3. Wj Mouat
4. Churchill
5. WRCA
6. Burnett
7. SMUS
8. McMath
9. Walut Grove
10. Enver Creek

Any thoughts,please respond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:32 am

Kits lost to wrca, so that probably should be reversed for now. Kits 3. wrca 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:44 am

When kits played wrca it was in preseason and was from what I know there first game of the preseason and first without Luka. Kits has improved greaatly from what I've seen and are deserving of the #2 spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:19 am

coach fabio wrote:
here are some updated junior rankings:

1. Vancouver College
2. Kitsilano
3. Wj Mouat
4. Churchill
5. WRCA
6. Burnett
7. SMUS
8. McMath
9. Walut Grove
10. Enver Creek

Any thoughts,please respond.

it's been mentioned previously that Burnaby South beat Kits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 am

WRCA beat kits by 6, burnaby south also beat kits, they shouldn't be so high
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 am

both of those losses were in preseason and Kits was not really together as a team. ur right bby south should b mentioned but if you have watched Kits play lately u would think different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:14 am

But I just dont understand how they were previously 5th, lost 2 games to teams lower than them, then move up to 2nd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bball guy

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:25 am

Hey, we don't make any excuses. Results are results. Kits/WRCA game was first of season for both teams.....but they kept score and the result was the result..... Kit's loss. At this point in the season, WRCA should be ahead of Kits in rankings unless WRCA has lost a game. Have they ?? I think Kits will be there when it counts at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballerrr

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Why do you have McMath ranked 8th, when other rankings rank them 4th or even higher ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:24 pm

bball fanatic Kits lost two preseason games! Then opening day they blew out herritage woods, then on wednesday they beat churchill by 3, on friday they dominated handsworth, and I just heard that they beat Enver creek today by 26. And tonight they will play the winner of Tamanuis vs Vancouver Collage.

Mcmath 8th because they have proven absolutly nothing. They will be a good team and challenge top teams sometimes but on monday they got killed by a shorthanded Vc squad

I'm not making excuses for Kits I'm just being straight up, and I'm not going to drop then a couple spots because they lost two meaningless preseason games. Kits was previously 5th by Karn, and in the province newspaper they were 2nd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 pm

coach fabio, your ranking looks ok except Churchil who needs to be pushed down few spots. Also Pitt needs to be there too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True bball

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:01 pm

So after Kit's huge loss to VC, do you still think they're deserving of the #2 spot? Personally I do not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ballerrr

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:06 pm

The reason McMath lost that game against VC was because the refs ruined that game. The foul count for both teams was 35 for McMath and 13 for VC. I personally think if that game was played anywhere else besides VC it would of been a better game and i think McMath could of won that game. VC is a very skilled team and is the best team in the province right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalltilIFall

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:22 pm

It should be interesting to see how bby south will do against v.c.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BalltilIFall

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:22 pm

It should be interesting to see how bby south will do against v.c.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:22 pm

the top five spots other than the number 1 spot are pretty wide open between 6 or 7 teams, Kits like mcmath lost by double digits and also like mcmath had plenty of foul trouble.

but yes a do think that Kits is deserving of the 2 spot because of their experiance, coaching and team chemistry, until the new year I think that VC will blow everybody out but come jan and feb they will have some competition.

Jliv ur right pitt should be there maybe instead of enver?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:51 pm

coach fabio wrote:
Jliv ur right pitt should be there maybe instead of enver?

Coach fabio, I think they deserve more respect than just an alternate to enver. Honestly, i am bit confused where they should be. It is kind of cluttered after the top seed. FYI, I posted somewhere else here that Pitt beat Mouat by 5 at South kamloops tourney over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:40 am

Here is the another take:

1. WRCA**
2. VC
3. McMath
4. Pitt
5. Mouat
6. SMUS
7. Sentinel
8. Kits
9. Churchil
10.Walnut
HM: Burnett, Tweed

** Whiterock merits top seed because of Tyus allen playing down. If that is not true, then they will be pushed down and VC will take its spot instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coach fabio

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Mcmath is too high. Has Mcmath ever beaten a good team? I am sure that will be a challenge for the top teams, but they should not be a top three team.

pitt meadows will be good this year because of all of there height and they did manange to beat mouat. but I wouldn't rank them #4. maybe 6 or 7 ahead of mouat.

I would teams Like Burnett, Kitsilano, and Churchill higher than mcmath and pitt meadows.

I just found out that Pitt will Kits at the Kits tourny on weekend should be a tight one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:39 pm

JLivingston wrote:

1. WRCA**
2. VC
3. McMath
4. Pitt
5. Mouat
6. SMUS
7. Sentinel
8. Kits
9. Churchil
10.Walnut

** Whiterock merits top seed because of Tyus allen playing down. If that is not true, then they will be pushed down and VC will take its spot instead.

Is this Tyus Allen kid really that good? I've never seen him play can you explain what makes him such a good player? I'm not disagreeing with you, I just want to know what makes you think WRCA would be that good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:41 pm

JLivingston wrote:

1. WRCA**
2. VC
3. McMath
4. Pitt
5. Mouat
6. SMUS
7. Sentinel
8. Kits
9. Churchil
10.Walnut

Sentinel, Chase's one man team? Really? I think there are probably some teams more deserving of that ranking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Bballer,

Although tyus is not in the same talent level of gogy but he can give vc a run. he is the son of allen scot, trinity coach. Assuming gogy and tyus cancels each other out, mair/bikky cancels sam/peter, that leaves elijah vs vartan. Vartan is certainly far better than him and could be a x factor, gives a huge edge to wrca. All this depends of tyus playing down and whether allowed. If that is not the case, it just throws them out of the reckoning.

As far as sentinel concerned, chase got decent support around him and might upset few if taken lightly. I am not also not comfortable in ranking them higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:41 pm

JLivingston wrote:
Bballer,

Although tyus is not in the same talent level of gogy but he can give vc a run. he is the son of allen scot, trinity coach. Assuming gogy and tyus cancels each other out, mair/bikky cancels sam/peter, that leaves elijah vs vartan. Vartan is certainly far better than him and could be a x factor, gives a huge edge to wrca. All this depends of tyus playing down and whether allowed. If that is not the case, it just throws them out of the reckoning.

As far as sentinel concerned, chase got decent support around him and might upset few if taken lightly. I am not also not comfortable in ranking them higher.

I really don't think Vartan is better than Elijah or Milos, but I could be wrong. I watched him play a bit over the summer and he didn't seem special to me. You're forgetting the SF position where I'm sure VC's Josh or Liam would kill any SF WRCA has. Both teams are deep and I guess now that I think about it both fit the top 2/3 positions in the rankings, assuming Tyus plays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JLivingston

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:43 pm

BBaller wrote:
I really don't think Vartan is better than Elijah or Milos, but I could be wrong. I watched him play a bit over the summer and he didn't seem special to me. You're forgetting the SF position where I'm sure VC's Josh or Liam would kill any SF WRCA has. Both teams are deep and I guess now that I think about it both fit the top 2/3 positions in the rankings, assuming Tyus plays.

Not disagreed. Until they play each other, cant say any categorically. BTW, today's bby south beating vc throws so much uncertainty over the ranking anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBaller

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:51 pm

JLivingston wrote:
BBaller wrote:

Not disagreed. Until they play each other, cant say any categorically. BTW, today's bby south beating vc throws so much uncertainty over the ranking anyway.

Good point, but I still think VC is a top 3 team dispite the loss. South surprised them and showed that today they can play with the best of teams and that they deserve to be ranked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New junior rankings   Today at 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down

New junior rankings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next